ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Superpowers wouldn't solve anything in this world. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274538)

Lonewolf Ed 07-15-2013 05:15 AM

Marvel had a Hulk mini-series many years ago, with Richard Corben as the artist, and the premise was the military used the Hulk as a weapon. They'd keep Banner doped up, then drop him out of a stealth bomber over a target area, say in Afghanistan, and when he hit the ground, he was one very upset Hulk. Whichever city they dropped him on was pretty much leveled by the time the Hulk chilled out. LMAO

-King- 07-15-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 9813006)
Marvel had a Hulk mini-series many years ago, with Richard Corben as the artist, and the premise was the military used the Hulk as a weapon. They'd keep Banner doped up, then drop him out of a stealth bomber over a target area, say in Afghanistan, and when he hit the ground, he was one very upset Hulk. Whichever city they dropped him on was pretty much leveled by the time the Hulk chilled out. LMAO

Hulk isn't a superhero though.
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 07-15-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9812980)
I think you are seriously underestimating the powers of Superman. If you can reverse the Earth's rotation in order to undo events, I think he could have a real impact.

And if you don't think just one could do much--how about the entire Justice League? You're talking Superman AND Batman AND Wonder Woman AND Flash AND the Green Lantern AND Aquaman AND a bunch of other more obscure ones I don't know. I assure you, they could get some shit done.

Superman-could single handedly negate the atomic threat
Batman-can clean up the streets
Aquaman-no more hurricanes or oil spills
Wonderman-can go around tying up all sexual deviants
flash-can save the post office billions of dollars by eliminating a ton of postal workers
Green lantern-meh, he can help batman and the others

blaise 07-15-2013 06:30 AM

SNL did a bit on this with Jerry Seinfeld as Superman. He went on a radio talk show and fielded calls from people who asked him why he didn't solve various world and US issues.

Rasputin 07-15-2013 06:45 AM

Superman didn't come to save the world Superman came to save 'Merica

DaKCMan AP 07-15-2013 06:53 AM

Disagree. I'm a Superhero with world-wide impact.

DaKCMan AP: making the world more Awesome, one day at a time.

Rausch 07-15-2013 07:06 AM

Prof Xavier could solve most of the world's problems by being a UN negotiator...

Valiant 07-15-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9813058)
Prof Xavier could solve most of the world's problems by being a UN negotiator...

He is the worlds best villain that no one remembers.

houstonwhodat 07-15-2013 07:17 AM

Undercover Brother would solve everything.

Sully 07-15-2013 07:22 AM

I would think Superman could change a ton. Think of him as a sort of living Star Wars program. Once he chose a winner in a fight, he could, using his speed and strength, stop all incoming artillery. He could also use his X Ray vision to detect roadside bombs. Team him with professor X, who could use mind-entering and counseling techniques, and I think they'd accomplish a lot.

Rausch 07-15-2013 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 9813079)
Team him with professor X, who could use mind-entering and counseling techniques, and I think they'd accomplish a lot.

"You will vote for me....you WILL vote for me.....YOU will vote for me..."

Prison Bitch 07-15-2013 07:30 AM

Take it to the DC board please.

tooge 07-15-2013 08:36 AM

Superman couldn't even stop Direction from starting ten threads a day.

Fish 07-15-2013 08:54 AM

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2932/d1p2.jpg

loochy 07-15-2013 08:56 AM

he could have swooped in and saved tayvon and delivered him to his true father, Barry O'B.