ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Creed - A Rocky Balboa spinoff, Stallone to co-star (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274761)

AdumbGuy 07-25-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9832343)
Yes! Mr. T is still in decent shape. And Ivan Drago too. Get Hulk Hogan/Thunderlips in there also somehow. Now that at least would be a trainwreck worth seeing. At least seeing on cable.

Clubber killed Mickey, Ivan killed Apollo, now Rocky returns to his street thug instincts and seeks revenge. The thing writes itself.

Sadly, I would watch that.

Am I the only one that hated Mickey? He was a selfish, bigoted, opportunistic prick that set Rocky up for failure by rigging his matches when he became a champion. And Rocky learned more from Creed about boxing, so it's not like Mickey taught him much other than how to chase chickens and to ignore his wife. **** Mickey.

007 07-25-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9832939)
Sadly, I would watch that.

Am I the only one that hated Mickey? He was a selfish, bigoted, opportunistic prick that set Rocky up for failure by rigging his matches when he became a champion. And Rocky learned more from Creed about boxing, so it's not like Mickey taught him much other than how to chase chickens and to ignore his wife. **** Mickey.

http://twistedcritic.files.wordpress...-2-mickey1.jpg

Tribal Warfare 07-25-2013 05:22 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/99j0zLuNhi8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hopefully it doesn't blow cock like this song

Pepe Silvia 07-25-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9832385)
Lets bring in Tommy Morrison as well, what the hell.

This could basically be the Rocky version of the Avengers.

Will Hulk Hogan return as Thunderlips?

Deberg_1990 07-25-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 9834076)
Will Hulk Hogan return as Thunderlips?

Of course......"Team up" movies are all the rage right now.

jspchief 07-25-2013 06:50 PM

Fruitvale looks like a piece of shit.

Sure-Oz 07-25-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9831640)
One of the things I always hated about Rocky V:

Apollo Creed had bank. You're telling me that his wife did nothing to help out the Balboas after Rocky avenged her husband's death, giving himself permanent brain damage in the process? There's no ****ing way that would have happened.

LOL yeah they forgot some major details.

CoMoChief 07-27-2013 12:59 PM

Thunderlips needs to have nWo gear.

Reaper16 07-27-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9834482)
Fruitvale looks like a piece of shit.

It was good. The script is a little emotionally manipulative at times, but well-directed and especially well-acted.

Jarni 07-27-2013 05:30 PM

I think that every writer in Hollywood might need to be fired. Seriously?? I was finished with the Rocky movies after Rocky. So glad they need to come up with something else starring an old guy who needs to make some more money.

PunkinDrublic 07-27-2013 08:05 PM

At least they didn't give it to Will Smiths kid.

Easy 6 07-27-2013 08:19 PM

I think this idea has real potential, what else is Stallone going to mine at this point, Cliffhanger 2?

I didnt care much for "Rocky Balboa"... had its solid contemporary moments, but overall i just didnt connect like i wanted to.

Have him coach up the new blood, yeah, that sounds cool... its easy to kill Stallone for so many things, but Rocky 1-3 were bonafide classic american cinema... but just as with Balboa, i wonder if Sly is even close enough to being the same guy who's able to bring that innocent charm to the character.

Not sure about this yet, but color me interested.

Reaper16 07-27-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarni (Post 9838811)
I think that every writer in Hollywood might need to be fired. Seriously?? I was finished with the Rocky movies after Rocky. So glad they need to come up with something else starring an old guy who needs to make some more money.

Actually, this is the idea of director Ryan Coogler. Sly gave the sign-off on the project and wanted in, but it wasn't designed for him.

Easy 6 07-27-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9832939)

Your self chosen handle is truly prophetic.

RINGLEADER 07-27-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarni (Post 9838811)

Just wait -- there's another Stallone announcement coming very soon that will cause heads to explode...