ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Covitz:Chiefs envision Eric Berry as pass rushing and defending threat (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275102)

Chiefshrink 08-06-2013 08:31 AM

Hopefully our Troy Palamalu without the hair:D

Ming the Merciless 08-06-2013 08:35 AM

Chiefs invent brand new defensive concept: " Safety Blitz "

This is part of a novel & radical 4 part idea:

1)Pressure the QB

2)Cause ints or get sacks

3) stop the opponent from scoring

4) get more turnovers than we give away

All 4 of these concepts were "ivented" by the chiefs in 2013 with the overall theory in mind to:

WIN FOOTBALL GAMES

This new incredible system will revolutionize chiefs football as we know it

Mav 08-06-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9861940)
Evidently Sutton hasn't seen Berry getting owned by every tight end in the NFL. Berry cannot cover a TE to save his life.

well, uh.....see below.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9862109)
I remember him getting owned by Antonio Gates. I like Berry though.

To you two specifically. Tight Ends, are very VERY hard to cover. Pointing out that Eric Berry cant cover Antonio Gates one on one is kind of an oxymoron. No one has been able to do that for a Decade. But, all I can assume, is that the Chiefs are going to rely on pressure up front, to ease some of the burden of having to cover these guys for an extended amount of time.

Pressure, busts pipes. Meaning, the more pressure you put on a qb, the less time he has to throw, leading to a sack, incompletion, or a turnover.

The more time a qb has in the pocket, a receiver, or tight end is going to get open. You can NOT cover forever. I don't care if you had Revis, Champ bailey in his prime, and Deion in his prime, with Ronnie lott, and Ed reed back there, if you give a qb in this league with the offensive rules 5 seconds every play to find a receiver, they are going to get open.

You will be amazed, just remember back to your DERRICK THOMAS Neil Smith days of how good your secondary looked....

Remember that, now think about that this year.

Sorter 08-06-2013 09:08 AM

That is exceptionally creepy.

Saccopoo 08-06-2013 09:08 AM

Smells like a 46 defense to me.

Sutton, you beautiful bastard you.

BossChief 08-06-2013 09:29 AM

"he just could rank among the team’s leaders in both interceptions and sacks."

Holy shit. What a load of crap.

If Berry is a team leader in sacks, we have big problems.

TEX 08-06-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9862060)
You guys are reeruned. He was absolutely playing at a high level the last part of the season. Yeah, he struggled early in the year.

And you're blind. He struggled a lot more than early on and he was not at the level at the end of last year that he was at the end of his rookie season. It was a complete joke that he made the Pro Bowl last season.

DTLB58 08-06-2013 10:25 AM

Just don't put him in one on one coverage.

DTLB58 08-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9862377)
And you're blind. He struggled a lot more than early on and he was not at the level at the end of last year that he was at the end of his rookie season. It was a complete joke that he made the Pro Bowl last season.

Amen!

A Salt Weapon 08-06-2013 10:53 AM

It's weird but I am remembering it the other way around. I'm remembering Gates destroying us until we put Berry on him, after that Gates still made some plays but nowhere near the amount before Berry started covering him.

Mr. Laz 08-06-2013 10:58 AM

if we really are going to go to an attacking/zone blitzing 3-4 defense then i imagine everyone is going to be used more in pass rush.

berry and Houston come to mind first

DJ as well

Arenas is a pretty good blitzer ....... oh wait

Fire Me Boy! 08-06-2013 11:44 AM

We need more Benny Sapp.

Red Dawg 08-06-2013 11:46 AM

ERIC BERRY AND AMERICA! FUGG YEAH!

Red Dawg 08-06-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9862623)
We need more Benny Sapp.

And more cow bell.

ghak99 08-06-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9862487)
It's weird but I am remembering it the other way around. I'm remembering Gates destroying us until we put Berry on him, after that Gates still made some plays but nowhere near the amount before Berry started covering him.

For what it's worth, this is similar to what I remember.

Gates was destroying us and they put him all on Berry's shoulders. I remember thinking "WTF, he's going get owned" while slinging slurs at the imposter collecting a coaches paycheck on our sideline. There's no doubt he got owned on several plays, but I seem to remember him doing much better than I expected. If anyone really expected him to get on an island with one of the best, and most experienced, tight ends to play the game and shut him down, there and idiot.