ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seriously **** the NY Jets (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275654)

Rasputin 08-27-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9919106)
I totally understand that. It's a fact. They're just going way overboard with the Jets at the moment.

People are more interested in train wrecks in this case its a plane crash mid-air but still people want to see it burn.

Ace Gunner 08-27-2013 01:41 PM

http://beauchampart.files.wordpress....compressed.gif
the same button that turns that shit on also turns it off

lcarus 08-27-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9919111)
People are more interested in train wrecks in this case its a plane crash mid-air but still people want to see it burn.

Agreed but the sad part is, the train hasn't even taken off yet.

Easy 6 08-27-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

I totally understand that. It's a fact. They're just going way overboard with the Jets at the moment.

Yep, if even a team as bad as Jacksonville was up there, they'd get the same headlines.

They could put elways arena league team in butt**** new jersey and they'd get 24/7 press.

Ceej 08-27-2013 01:44 PM

I bet the draftubators are enjoying seeing Mark's face on ESPN all day.

FAP FAP FAP!!

Chief Roundup 08-27-2013 01:51 PM

Man it is the "Howard Stern Affect" Negative news is better than positive news. Created news is better than real news. The belief that you are watching disaster unfold is drawing to people. If you get New Yorkers talking football pretty soon people are arguing and hitting the stats to base their arguments. New York is very diverse. So getting New Yorkers talking football gets people talking about more than just the Jets and or Giants.
It is all just creating traffic to their TV channel or their website. They are making themselves money by sensationalizing the story. Making everyone feel like they are watching "The Great Collapse".
People don't want to miss out.

lcarus 08-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9919137)
Man it is the "Howard Stern Affect" Negative news is better than positive news. Created news is better than real news. The belief that you are watching disaster unfold is drawing to people. If you get New Yorkers talking football pretty soon people are arguing and hitting the stats to base their arguments. New York is very diverse. So getting New Yorkers talking football gets people talking about more than just the Jets and or Giants.
It is all just creating traffic to their TV channel or their website. They are making themselves money by sensationalizing the story. Making everyone feel like they are watching "The Great Collapse".
People don't want to miss out.

Yep. Sadly, there was a pretty god damn great collapse in Kansas City last season. If we were a NY team, god damn, the media would have jizzed in their shorts.

HoneyBadger 08-27-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9919014)
Jets fans ate the 3rd most loyal

Ate the 3rd most loyal what?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?1

Chief Roundup 08-27-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9919142)
Yep. Sadly, there was a pretty god damn great collapse in Kansas City last season. If we were a NY team, god damn, the media would have jizzed in their shorts.

I for one and DAMN GLAD we were not covered in the same manner last year. It was hard enough without that type of constant media harping ass coverage. I wouldn't want it constantly thrown in my face how bad we were and how horrible EVERYTHING was.
I would hate to be a J E T S fan right now. I wouldn't be able to have the TV on probably.
To me that is where the real problem is at, the media. The Chiefs as well as many other franchises don't get the coverage they deserve. While others get more coverage than they deserve. Nature of the beast.

ptlyon 08-27-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9919144)
Ate the 3rd most loyal what?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?1

Ha. Are. ARE. F'n Swype.

blaise 08-27-2013 02:09 PM

They're the Jets. It's what they do - be a clown show.

Marcellus 08-27-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9919124)
I bet the draftubators are enjoying seeing Mark's face on ESPN all day.

FAP FAP FAP!!

LMAO

BlackHelicopters 08-27-2013 03:09 PM

Jets Planet! Nice ring to it.

kcxiv 08-27-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Big city train wreck they are doing what they ate supposed too for ratings. I don't agree with it but I understand it. Then again most of my sports TV time is with mlb network. They are by far the best. If u like baseball which I do.

vailpass 08-27-2013 03:28 PM

It's the largest media market, what do you expect?