ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Since our interior O-line sucks...... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275763)

CupidStunt 09-01-2013 03:23 AM

Word is the reason he's sucked is that he doesn't give a shit about football. If so, hard to justify giving him a roster spot over ANYONE. He probably doesn't even wanna be claimed. I'm sure his 1st round contract had enough guaranteed coin to sort him out for life.

milkman 09-01-2013 04:59 AM

Why does Reid need to save face?

Rausch 09-01-2013 07:13 AM

I didn't know our interior O line sucked...

Skyy God 09-01-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9930818)
No. He's a bust. But Dorsey will have DJ Williams signed soon as our new TE. There's your 53 man roster. (Unless Andy wants Clay Harbor.) Could see the phins pursuing these two as well.

I had forgotten Harbor was a MSU product.... my guess is it's him.

rabblerouser 09-01-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9930926)

well, you read it here first!!

BlackHelicopters 09-01-2013 08:49 AM

Jeff Blackshear.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-01-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9929152)
does Reid attempt to bring in Danny Watkins his 1st rd 2011 pick in hopes that Watkins works out here and improves our O-line thus Reid saves face as well ? Watkins has to be better than Allen/Hudson I would think :shrug:

GET...

THE ****...

OUT!

Saccopoo 09-01-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen anything in the preseason to say that it did.

And I have no reason as to why people are concerned with Hudson. He looked absolutely balls out against the Saints and thought he did just fine in the other games.

BlackHelicopters 09-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Breaking news!

Chiefshrink 09-01-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 9930843)
Word is the reason he's sucked is that he doesn't give a shit about football. If so, hard to justify giving him a roster spot over ANYONE.

Yes so much so that Reid's first hand conversation with him say's otherwise so 'The Word' must have it wrong AGAIN !:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink 09-01-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9931613)

And I have no reason as to why people are concerned with Hudson. He looked absolutely balls out against the Saints and thought he did just fine in the other games.

We ran 70% pass plays this pre-season, did you see the other 30% of run plays just absolutely tear it up or at least dominate and get 4-5yds a pop ? Did you see Hudson/Allen against N.O/San Fran/Pitt ? They got manhandled and why any carries between the tackles went for not. These are upper eschuland D lines especially San Fran if we are going to compete at that level. Pull up the play by play stats of the first half of run plays from the Pitt game and count all the 'No gains' we had. There was only one 11yd run.

Take off your 'homer eyes' and put on some real 'critical objective football eyes'
and go back and watch snap for snap all 3 pre-season 1st team interior O-line play and they pushed NOBODY around whatsoever but rather got pushed back a lot !!

Maybe Watkins can help maybe not, but at least it's trying to fill a need we desperately have IMO.

Chiefshrink 09-01-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Did you See Knile and Jamaal light it up between the tackles this pre-season or at least dominate at 4 to 5 yds a pop this pre-season ? Neither did I :rolleyes:

Saccopoo 09-01-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9931664)
We ran 70% pass plays this pre-season, did you see the other 30% of run plays just absolutely tear it up or at least dominate and get 4-5yds a pop ? Did you see Hudson/Allen against N.O/San Fran/Pitt ? They got manhandled and why any carries between the tackles went for not. These are upper eschuland D lines especially San Fran if we are going to compete at that level. Pull up the play by play stats of the first half of run plays from the Pitt game and count all the 'No gains' we had. There was only one 11yd run.

Take off your 'homer eyes' and put on some real 'critical objective football eyes'
and go back and watch snap for snap all 3 pre-season 1st team interior O-line play and they pushed NOBODY around whatsoever but rather got pushed back a lot !!

Maybe Watkins can help maybe not, but at least it's trying to fill a need we desperately have IMO.

That's pretty knee jerk if you ask me.

We were running a lot of screens and shit and obvious run plays were obvious.

You also didn't see a lot of pulls or traps by the o-line.

Sorry, but I don't echo your sentiments about the offensive line. The only bad series that they had was the first one with the 49ers. That's it. And I certainly didn't see Hudson getting manhandled like you imply.

RunKC 09-01-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9931613)

Hudson got worked against the Saints and the 49ers.

The gif that Clay had of Alex Smith not throwing it to DMC in New Orleans was a clear example of Hudson getting his ass kicked.

I'm concerned.

RunKC 09-01-2013 03:31 PM

here's what I was referring to Sac.

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/wtfalex.gif

Hudson got destroyed here.