ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quintin Demps Named Kick Returner for Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275847)

hometeam 09-03-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9936656)
Here's an interesting tidbit. It turns out that when the Jags turned over their roster, they really turned their special teams over...

"From the Jaguars’ game at Atlanta last week, gone are eight of the 11 players on the first kickoff return, six from the first covered kickoff and five from the first punt return."

You can go here to read the article.

Sounds ripe for the pickin~

Hammock Parties 09-03-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9936656)
"From the Jaguars’ game at Atlanta last week, gone are eight of the 11 players on the first kickoff return, six from the first covered kickoff and five from the first punt return."

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dave Toub is gonna win this game single-handedly.

Bambi 09-03-2013 10:48 PM

Sanders Commings is going to dress while on IR? That's pretty crazy Chiefs!

MMXcalibur 09-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9936670)

GET THAT CHIEFS DEFENSE IN FANTASY NOW, FOLKS!!!!

CaliforniaChief 09-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9936670)

That certainly seems like a possibility at this point...

Hammock Parties 09-03-2013 10:56 PM

I'm very serious.

Our offense will not be good, the defense will give up gobs of rushing yards...but special teams is going to win this game for us.

I bet we score 20+ now just based on field position. LMAO

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9936710)
I'm very serious.

Our offense will not be good, the defense will give up gobs of rushing yards...but special teams is going to win this game for us.

You're absolutely nuts.

Our offense is going to manage our way to wins behind Charles, who's played behind much worse o-lines. Our run defense is going to be outstanding. It's our deep pass defense and nickel/dime defense that will kill us.

And our special teams will get us terrific field position.

They are who we thought we were. Probably an 8-10 win team who we'll have to hope will game manage our way to a playoff win or two, but that gameplan makes us long shots.

keg in kc 09-03-2013 11:05 PM

As long as it's not McCluster, it's good with me.

I'm still a bit concerned about Kniles fumbling. I'd work him in gradually.

Direckshun 09-03-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9936710)
I'm very serious.

Here's are starting front seven:

DE: DeVito
NT: Poe
DE: Jackson

OLB: Hali
ILB: Jordan
ILB: Johnson
OLB: Houston

How, exactly, are you going to stack up yardage on the ground against this defense?

By running on third and long? Because that's what it's going to take.

The Chiefs defense is going to suffer in the passing game, not the running game.

You CANNOT run the ball at DeVito or Jackson. Poe is getting there, and is getting great backup from DJ, Jordan, and Berry.

I dare every team in the league to try to run more than 55% of their snaps on us.

keg in kc 09-03-2013 11:08 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll probably give up a couple of long-ish runs on blown assignments or over-agressive pursuit, and the rest of the game they'll give up about 2 yards a carry. They should be tough to run on.

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9936744)
If I had to guess, I'd say they'll probably give up a couple of long-ish runs on blown assignments or over-agressive pursuit, and the rest of the game they'll give up about 2 yards a carry. They should be tough to run on.

Completely agree. We saw that some already against Pittsburgh, and saw it some with us biting on the bootleg. The good news is, this D-line is by a mile the best our team has been in YEARS at plugging the line. It's going to be really, really hard to run inside on us.

Direckshun 09-03-2013 11:17 PM

Honestly, if Hali doesn't make a rookie mistake and holds that edge, that's it.

The big run against Pitt never happens. And the Steelers have to air it out to beat us.

That's how teams will have to beat us. They will have to kill us in the air. Unfortunately, more than a few of them will.

But we're not going to get gashed in the run.

chiefzilla1501 09-03-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9936756)
Honestly, if Hali doesn't make a rookie mistake and holds that edge, that's it.

The big run against Pitt never happens. And the Steelers have to air it out to beat us.

That's how teams will have to beat us. They will have to kill us in the air. Unfortunately, more than a few of them will.

But we're not going to get gashed in the run.

I think so, but there were some preseason games where they bit really, really hard on a run. We saw slow QB flash that a simple bootleg could kill us. I'm sure playfakes and counters too.

If our back 7 doesn't play with some discipline, a little misdirection could really hurt us.

Direckshun 09-03-2013 11:26 PM

Something that could be said for every defense, really.

Rausch 09-03-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9936734)
As long as it's not McCluster, it's good with me.

I'm still a bit concerned about Kniles fumbling. I'd work him in gradually.

I'd like to see us put two guys back there every now and again. Some teams do more regularly...