ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Broncos blogger's take on the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276504)

Mav 09-20-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10002549)
Yep. As the article kind of alludes to, we're in good shape to beat up on average teams and win a lot of games. However, at some point, you do have to put up some points.

I hate to say it, but we're kind of seeing a form of Martyball. If it's a stepping stone to respectability and being competitive, I'm all for it. I do hope that a boring, ball control offense isn't our MO long-term though.

The offense is going to come around as the playcalling improves, the oline improves and the Chiefs get some sort of resolution at tight end.

Ceej 09-20-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10002598)
Geeeeee.

Ill get crushed for beating my chest here, and im not really, but that's the exact thing that I said that bringing in Sutton, and Alex Smith was going to do for the chiefs. They were shaping up to be exactly like them.

And they are. id even wager at this point of the season, this defense looks a HELL of a lot better than sf's at that same point.

Thanks Mecca.

Mav 09-20-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10002607)
Thanks Mecca.

Awww, now im a know it all because I explained how things were shaping up to work out by the moves that were made, and people trashed thrashed and degraded me?

Now, im not allowed to point out that I was actually NOT trolling, and was trying to be informative?

Cool.

I didn't know that with as much shit as I took for trying to be positive about the Chiefs, that when it all blew back and hit those same dudes in the faces, that I wasn't allowed to say shit about it.

My bad......:rolleyes:

ct 09-20-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10002579)
Exactly this. Made worse by the injuried TE's.

truth right here

alex smith desperately needs the TE to not look very much like matt cassel. Why we did not use the fb shermon earlier in the game kept pissing me off. that seems like a natural adjustment from our use of TEs to use fb/hb patterns.

oh, and dexter needs to sit firmly on the bench. he is doing nothing for this offense!!! not doing anything for STs either.

Easy 6 09-20-2013 03:00 PM

That was a well reasoned piece, if things keep up like this our rivalry will have teeth again.

Ceej 09-20-2013 03:00 PM

"I'm not trying to pound my chest, but let me pound my chest."

GTFO.

notorious 09-20-2013 03:01 PM

Great news.

The AFC West is getting back to where they belong.

Mav 09-20-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10002618)
"I'm not trying to pound my chest, but let me pound my chest."

GTFO.

lots of dudes were beating their chest about how WRONG I was going to be.

Did you tell them to GTFO as well?

Yeahhhhh........No you didn't. That's why I don't really pay you any attention. no one was there with my back telling them to stop beating their chests......

Mav 09-20-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10002620)
Great news.

The AFC West is getting back to where they belong.

The Broncos Chiefs games this year, are going to be Classics.....

DaFace 09-20-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10002636)
The Broncos Chiefs games this year, are going to be Classics.....

I'm still pretty doubtful we'll be able to hang with them, but it's definitely going to be closer than I would have predicted before the season started.

Stewie 09-20-2013 03:10 PM

Heh. I like the homage to Hank Stram. Good write-up from a donk.

DaFace 09-20-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 10002641)
Heh. I like the homage to Hank Stram. Good write-up from a donk.

I noticed that as well. My coworker (Bronco fan) who sent this to me didn't even realize there was any significance to the phrase.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10002542)
They seemed to sell out on hitting Vick and disrupting his rhythm in the passing game. They can do the same thing with Peyton, and he's not any threat to break out on long runs. The risk there is the receiver core, but as fast as Hali, Houston and Poe (and DJ and Berry and the DBs) can get into the backfield, that could be a challenge, too.

What can't happen is Manning standing like a statue behind a wall of blockers scanning the field for 5 seconds without so much as a blade of grass staining his jersey.

The flip side is that their defense is also very good, and so far this season our offense doesn't look very reliable. Our defense stopping Denver likely still results in them scoring 24+ points. Their defense stopping us probably means 10 at this point.

Where the Broncos blow the Eagles off the map is in the WR corps.

It's barely even the same sport if you're trying to compare the two. Thomas is a much much tougher matchup for Flowers (much like Bryant in terms of size/speed); Decker is a bigger, stronger, better route running version of Cooper and Welker is a quicker version of Avant (though Avant has better hands).

We won't be able to go with the single-high safety look against those guys; way too much talent.

Trying to extrapolate yesterdays defense to the Broncos is an exercise in futility - the Broncos are a much much different creature.

That said - watch the D vs. the Giants closely. Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Myers is equal to or better than Thomas, Decker, Welker, Thomas. How the Chiefs are able to match up with the Giants pass-catchers will tell us a lot about how they'll do against the Broncos.

Truth be told, both matchups scare the hell out of me.

Ceej 09-20-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10002634)
lots of dudes were beating their chest about how WRONG I was going to be.

Did you tell them to GTFO as well?

Yeahhhhh........No you didn't. That's why I don't really pay you any attention. no one was there with my back telling them to stop beating their chests......

All of this bullshit is irrelevant to me.

You preface posts by saying you're not beating your chest, and do it in the next sentence.

I don't know you - nor would I like to. But, in general I dislike people who try to build themselves up on an internet message board. Like, you're trying to impress a bunch of ****ing strangers.

"Guys, see? See!! I was right."

Mav 09-20-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10002639)
I'm still pretty doubtful we'll be able to hang with them, but it's definitely going to be closer than I would have predicted before the season started.

I think the game plan, will be very similar to how they approached the Eagles. You cant try to shoot it out with them. They are too strong with the pass game. But you can grind them. Will be a great chess match.