ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid Puts ESPN In Their Place (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276513)

chiefzilla1501 09-20-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10003259)
I hate pointless jobs like sideline reporting.

I'm totally fine with women talking about sports. It's sports.

Talking about sports is barely even a real job.

I don't understand the knock on sideline reporters. Bonnie Bernstein was pretty terrific at her job. CBS fired her and tried to be cheap and get rid of them, and the broadcasts missed a lot of critical details as simple as catching players sent to the locker room.

To this piece... the broadcast was on NFL Network. It seems pretty clear to me that the NFL Network would get first rights to the interview.

WhiteWhale 09-20-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10003273)
I don't understand the knock on sideline reporters. Bonnie Bernstein was pretty terrific at her job. CBS fired her and tried to be cheap and get rid of them, and the broadcasts missed a lot of critical details as simple as catching players sent to the locker room.

To this piece... the broadcast was on NFL Network. It seems pretty clear to me that the NFL Network would get first rights to the interview.

I don't dislike sideline reporters.

I dislike sideline reporting. The small amount of important information could easily just be relayed to the guys calling the game. The rest is just fluffy unnecessary exposition. If they just hired people to notice things rather than having reporters more worried about their make-up and how they look on camera then they'd probably get better information even if it's not reported 'first hand'.

houstonwhodat 09-20-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10003298)

I dislike sideline reporting. The small amount of important information could easily just be relayed to the guys calling the game. The rest is just fluffy unnecessary exposition. If they just hired people to notice things rather than having reporters more worried about their make-up and how they look on camera then they'd probably get better information even if it's not reported 'first hand'.

And how about Sal's groundbreaking thought provoking provocative questioning:

"So Andy how does it feel?"

What a stupid ****ing question.

I wish Andy would have said "**** off Sal".

That would have been epic.

Manila-Chief 09-20-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10003359)
And how about Sal's groundbreaking thought provoking provocative questioning:

"So Andy how does it feel?"

What a stupid ****ing question.

I wish Andy would have said "**** off Sal".

That would have been epic.

I know this has been said before, but NFL & ESPN (maybe others) were more focused upon the "Philly connection" than they were the game.

BTW, I like the way Andy always acknowledged the Philly fans but quickly turned his attention to KC!!!

Hoover 09-20-2013 08:44 PM

"This win was big, as big as sal paolantonio baby"

LMAO

wazu 09-20-2013 08:46 PM

Annoys me that Reid ends up seeming kind of like a jerk in this, even though given the context he was a lot nicer than Paolantonio deserved.

houstonwhodat 09-20-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10003411)
Annoys me that Reid ends up seeming kind of like a jerk in this, even though given the context he was a lot nicer than Paolantonio deserved.

Given the history I love the way Andy handled it.

It's the same reason Sean Payton won't give ESPN an interview.

Sal shit on Andy Reid every chance he got and disrespected him and this was Andy's way of a small payback.

ESPN maybe started out with good intentions back in the day but now they are the sports equivalent of TMZ.

Bunch of dorks who create their own stories or run with rumors that aren't even true.

Not to mention they are in Goodell's back pocket.

Chiefspants 09-20-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10003254)
Joe Namath disagrees! ROFL

I just don't like female reporters for sports period, I can't take them seriously trying to tell me about football or baseball or hockey.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/129...facepalm-o.gif

Is your calender still stuck in 1953?

Simply Red 09-20-2013 10:11 PM

Sal is a complete wreck of a person IRL - He was on a morning show here in Atlanta - and the hosts of the show were jokingly busting his balls, and he pretty much walked off.

Sure-Oz 09-20-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Sal i hear is a big POS in the media, and thinks he's a big deal. Also him and Reid have not had a good relationship...he was all over his nuts previously with Philly.

**** ESPN and Sal.

big nasty kcnut 09-20-2013 10:34 PM

This is why I watch fox sport 1. Sal a douche canoe!
Posted via Mobile Device

TLO 09-20-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 10003842)
This is why I watch fox sport 1. Sal a douche canoe!
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

You need to post 24/7

chiefzilla1501 09-21-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10003298)

I think sideline reporting has been douched up by useless wastes of space like Siragusa eating hot dogs on the sideline and cheerleaders who treat it like they're interviewing the oscars.

The good ones are terrific. Melissa Stark, Bonnie Bernstein, Michelle Tafoya, Erin Andrews, Armen Ketayin. I don't think they're unimportant, just a little unappreciated. The good ones actually know their shit, research stories before the game, and have a knack for getting tough interviews to get real answers.

MMXcalibur 09-21-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 10003448)
Given the history I love the way Andy handled it.

It's the same reason Sean Payton won't give ESPN an interview.

Sal shit on Andy Reid every chance he got and disrespected him and this was Andy's way of a small payback.

ESPN maybe started out with good intentions back in the day but now they are the sports equivalent of TMZ.

Bunch of dorks who create their own stories or run with rumors that aren't even true.

Not to mention they are in Goodell's back pocket.

Wait, Sean Payton won't give ESPN any interviews?
This have to do with the bounty-gate?

chiefzilla1501 09-21-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Agreed. I don't think Reid is this petty. The way Flanagan barges in on their interview at the end, it seems pretty clear to me that she got dicked over and Reid knows it. Paolantonio was being a dick and Andy Reid knows it.