ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Advanced NFL Stats: Chiefs-Giants closer than you'd think (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276706)

petegz28 09-26-2013 07:49 PM

So the article is correct as long as you throw out everything that has happened up until now

DaFace 09-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10023133)
So the article is correct as long as you throw out everything that has happened up until now

On the contrary. It simply says that, based on NFL history, you can't expect to continue to get turnovers all over the place. At some point, the offense is going to have to improve.

Eleazar 09-26-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10023095)
These are the games when a ball control offense can be the winning factor. An elite QB can't beat you if he is watching his D all game

Part of me wants to reply that Chiefs fans should know better than anyone that ball control is not a long-term winning strategy.

But then again, you can win a lot of regular season home games thinking that way.

OnTheWarpath15 09-26-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10023115)
Officials not calling holding on Hali is nothing new.

Their OL is as bad or possibly worse than ours and Hali/Houston should be able to keep Eli uncomfortable all day.

I don't understand how the article shows how NY is giving the ball away at an alarming rate, we are taking the ball away at an alarming rate and we aren't giving the ball away AT ALL and how you can just throw out all of those facts.

Because turnovers are random. They are not predictive.

We might see 5 on Sunday, we may not see another for 6 weeks.

Dayze 09-26-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10022974)
Get ready to see every hold go uncalled this week.

The NFL needs the Giants to be somewhat respectable.

this

KCrockaholic 09-26-2013 08:46 PM

We're really expecting a lot out of Houston this week. So much that the fanbase will consider a 1.5 sack game a disappointment. The good news is, They'll be having to chip the ride side of the line with a TE. Pressure will mean more than sacks in this game. Eli will make mistakes early.

Sorter 09-26-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 10023414)
We're really expecting a lot out of Houston this week. So much that the fanbase will consider a 1.5 sack game a disappointment. The good news is, They'll be having to chip the ride side of the line with a TE. Pressure will mean more than sacks in this game. Eli will make mistakes early.

They're going to have to either chip, leave Meyers in, or have S/M/SSF pickups from their backs in addition to having a TE, IMO.

Tamba is going to get some 1-1s, me thinks.

O.city 09-26-2013 08:51 PM

1 on 1's for Tamba against Beatty is a good thing.

Fat Elvis 09-26-2013 09:04 PM

They might as well say, "Yeah, we're gonna get our poop pushed in on Sunday."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...city-1.6148112

Giants' patchwork offensive line prepares to face sack leaders in Kansas City

Published: September 26, 2013 6:58 PM
By TOM ROCK tom.rock@newsday.com
James Brewer addresses the media after cleaning out

Will Beatty is aiding the inexperienced offensive linemen as much as he can this week, going over film and technique and the daunting Kansas City defensive front. But he's also asking a higher authority for some help.

"For them, I pray that everyone's mind is set," Beatty said, "that we don't look at the negative in the past and allow it to affect our future."

Somewhere, Eli Manning is saying: Amen!

The Giants are coming off their worst offensive line performance in years, about to face the team with the most sacks and the player with the most sacks, and they're doing it with a line that is being duct-taped together due to injuries. Veterans Chris Snee and David Baas missed practice Thursday for the second straight day and might not be ready to play Sunday. David Diehl practiced, but is coming off thumb surgery and may not be available for another week.

That could leave a lineup that includes three players who had never started an NFL game before this season. Justin Pugh, the rookie first-round pick who starts at right tackle? He could be the third-most experienced player in terms of starts on the line. He's got three.

"They've got to take everything they can," Tom Coughlin said of his green linemen in practice. "Even the jog-throughs are critical. It's obviously not full speed, but they have to take everything they possibly can, try to see everything they possibly can and then get them to play full-speed and not just sit there and be looking around at what they expect. The only thing you can do is accelerate the practice time and put them out there and that's what we're doing."

It's a bit of a scramble for a team that won Super Bowls on the strength of offensive line continuity. "Seemingly we've been doing that all year, so it's not a departure from what's going on," offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said of the shuffling. "I guess down the road it will be good for us, but right now, it does unquestionably slow down your progress."

This hasn't exactly been the Industrial Revolution in terms of progress for the Giants lately. They're last in the league in rushing, having mounted no more than 60 running yards per game for three straight games for the first time in their history. They allowed seven sacks of Manning last week against a Panthers team that had 3.5 entering the game.

The good news, if there is any, is that the new faces haven't really been part of that debacle. Jim Cordle and James Brewer figure to be starters in place of Baas and Snee, but the Giants have been working on different permutations in practice. If Diehl can play, he could be at guard.

Perhaps the most important job on the line will belong to Pugh at right tackle as he faces the league's sack leader, Justin Houston (7.5). He'll likely be doing it without the veteran voice of Snee coming in through the left earhole of his helmet.

"We have to go out there and play, no matter who's out there . . . execute and communicate," Pugh said. "I think that's going to be the biggest thing, communicating, whoever's out there just making sure we're on the same page."

And trying to turn the page from last week. "It's time to get out there and show 'em what we can do," Baas said. "No matter who's out there."

Notes & quotes: Baas said he injured his neck late in the game against the Panthers. Although the starting center did not rule himself out Sunday, he might be on the verge of missing a substantial number of games. In 2011, Baas missed five games with a similar neck injury. "It's a lot of the same things," Baas said. "It's something you don't want to mess with too much . . . CB Corey Webster (hip) missed practice Thursday even though Tom Coughlin said he thought he might be cleared. If Webster cannot play Sunday, Aaron Ross would start in his place for a second straight week."

KChiefs1 09-26-2013 09:06 PM

This game scares the shit outta me!
Giants are like a angry wounded bear & they will be a handful.

BossChief 09-26-2013 09:07 PM

I think we can rush 3 to 5 guys all day and keep Manning under pressure.

I don't respect their running game or offensive line at all.

petegz28 09-26-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10023149)
On the contrary. It simply says that, based on NFL history, you can't expect to continue to get turnovers all over the place. At some point, the offense is going to have to improve.

Except Marty teams did get turnovers like crazy and usually led the league in turnover ratio by a large margin.

KChiefs1 09-26-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10022974)
Get ready to see every hold go uncalled this week.

The NFL needs the Giants to be somewhat respectable.

In addition to this! The NFL needs the Giants relevant.

Fat Elvis 09-26-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10023541)
This game scares the shit outta me!
Giants are like a angry wounded bear & they will be a handful.

No way. They have the worst offensive line in the league right now. Eli will be lucky to make it out of Arrowhead alive.

Nightfyre 09-26-2013 09:10 PM

I hope Poe has a huge day.