ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Least surprising rumor you'll hear today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277055)

FlaChief58 10-05-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10049589)
I'm more afraid of Pryor than I am Freeman

This

KcMizzou 10-05-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10049589)
I'm more afraid of Pryor than I am Freeman

yep

Bowser 10-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10049146)
It provides them with a good backup and/or guy to compete for starting time.

If I were Hog Farmer I would be even more pissed now.

This usually would be the point where I'd make fun of you for being a homer, but in your shoes I'd probably say the same thing.

DaneMcCloud 10-05-2013 07:23 PM

Duh.

I said this the day he was released. Greg Olsen, floundering franchise, Pryor is an unknown wildcard, etc.

Freeman will likely choose a place where he believes he has a future and compete immediately for the starting gig. That pretty much rules out every option other than the Jags and Raiders.

Nobody wants to play in Jacksonville.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-05-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

As bad as I wanted Wilson to be their man, it's good for him in the long run as he will eventually be picked up by a real team and it's also good for the Chiefs as Oakland will continue to have trash at the QB position. Freeman is a failure and Al Davis is still looking over that team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 10-05-2013 08:55 PM

A QB with a reported drug problem? Can't be

Eleazar 10-05-2013 09:57 PM

Hasn't this always been Oakland's problem?

They will add any piece that's available that has some raw talent, without the realities or history in consideration. They don't develop or keep players very long, generally. There's always turnover at all levels of the organization but the top. There's no stability or effort to improve over time. Never a veteran core or a commitment to forming a nucleus. They just put a bunch of athletes on the field and tell them, just win baby.

They are just one long string of attempted quick-fixes.

CoMoChief 10-05-2013 10:38 PM

So what Freeman sucks.

You're basically replacing one pile of shit with another pile of shit.

RealSNR 10-05-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G7RgN9ijwE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 10-05-2013 10:55 PM

Raiders should just stick with Pryor

KcMizzou 10-05-2013 11:43 PM

Freeman never scared me when he was playing against Mizzou. Yeah, he's got the size, the arm strength, all the physical stuff... but he's not a gamer. He could be special, but he's missing that little something extra.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 10-06-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10049742)
As bad as I wanted Wilson to be their man, it's good for him in the long run as he will eventually be picked up by a real team
and it's also good for the Chiefs as Oakland will continue to have trash at the QB position. Freeman is a failure and Al Davis is still looking over that team.

What difference does it make? Will you be happier to see him holding a clipboard on a "real" team? Pretty certain that Freeman (who has at least shown something in the NFL) would be brought in for depth, not to replace Pryor.

bevischief 10-06-2013 05:09 AM

If they want to win this season...

R8RFAN 10-06-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10050323)
Raiders should just stick with Pryor

They are going to but if they pick up Freeman it will only be for insurance purposes and to drive Pryor to get better and focus. A running QB can be knocked out of a game at anytime and it's good to have a quality backup instead of the shit storm we were thrown into last week with Flynn.

Now that DMC has his annual injury that will probably last 4 weeks, the Raiders won't have to focus on re signing his sorry ass...

chefsos 10-06-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10050525)
What difference does it make? Will you be happier to see him holding a clipboard on a "real" team? Pretty certain that Freeman (who has at least shown something in the NFL) would be brought in for depth, not to replace Pryor.

I can't help but think if Freeman decided to sign somewhere just to be "depth", it would be with a better team...

EDIT: Unless, of course, no one else will touch him.