ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Jadeveon Clowney (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277202)

Sorter 10-08-2013 12:39 PM

Interesting.

Direckshun 10-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10063757)
That shows tremendous character, endearing him to South Carolina fans, scouts and GM's across the United States.

When you're put in a blatantly, inarguably exploitative system like college football, it makes sense to want out of the system if you have the ability to do so.

Clowney absolutely has the ability to do so. Ever since he's arrived, he's been a Top 5 pick waiting to happen.

It might not endear him to some GMs, but too bad. He's still projected to wreck shit in the NFL. And he's still going to make a shit ton of money.

Halfcan 10-08-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10063747)
This isn't adversity, though.

It's pretty clear he just doesn't want to play for free.

You can hardly blame him.

Yep and thinks his Big Hit from last season and some padded stats will get him by. Looks like he is a good fit for the Faders.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10063783)
When you're put in a blatantly, inarguably exploitative system like college football, it makes sense to want out of the system if you have the ability to do so.

He's no different from anyone else that's hard to "endure" such an "exploitative" system.

Quote:

Clowney absolutely has the ability to do so. Ever since he's arrived, he's been a Top 5 pick waiting to happen.

Yeah, those guys always pan out, right?

Quote:

It might not endear him to some GMs, but too bad.

Too bad? Wow.

Quote:

He's still projected to wreck shit in the NFL. And he's still going to make a shit ton of money.

He'll only make a "shit ton" if he plays lights out through his rookie contract.

Direckshun 10-08-2013 12:44 PM

Truth be told, there are probably no fewer than 20 teams that would forfeit their 1st rounder right now to take him.

Hell, Bob Sutton's Chiefs are probably one of them.

patteeu 10-08-2013 12:45 PM

We shouldn't even make puppies play college football. It's inhumane.

DaneMcCloud 10-08-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10063764)
If that's the case I can't think of much that is less blameworthy than quitting on your team.
I'm not saying I know that to be the case at all, but if it is...

It's obvious that Direckshun has never played football at any level.

vailpass 10-08-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

It might not endear him to some GMs, but too bad. He's still projected to wreck shit in the NFL. And he's still going to make a shit ton of money.

You mean that system that allowed him to be seen by the nfl and make millions? That provides him with free coaching, facilities, room, board, etc. That one?
If that is his thinking it is a serious character flaw.
And again, I have no idea if that is his thinking.

Direckshun 10-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10063791)
He's no different from anyone else that's hard to "endure" such an "exploitative" system.

He is different, in that he's way, way more promising than almost anybody else we've ever seen.

Quote:

Yeah, those guys always pan out, right?

Whether he elects to play the rest of a season he clearly wants to skip won't affect his bust percentage either way.

Quote:

Too bad? Wow.

Yup. For every GM that is going to pass, there will be at least another who will scoop him up.

See: Sheldon Richardson. Now imagine you put Richardson's potential on steroids. And there's where Clowney is.

Quote:

He'll only make a "shit ton" if he plays lights out through his rookie contract.

I think his rookie contract is better than 99% of Americans will make in that same time period. And I'm willing to bet it's also more than anybody in his family has ever made.

If that's not a shit ton, I don't know what a shit ton is.

vailpass 10-08-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10063796)
It's obvious that Direckshun has never played football at any level.

Yeah quitting on your boys is just...You don't do it.

Halfcan 10-08-2013 12:48 PM

So why isn't he playing his heart out and trying to win now? Coasting through this season and being lazy does not elevate his draft stock at all. He won't be the number one now.

Direckshun 10-08-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10063802)
You mean that system that allowed him to be seen by the nfl and make millions? That provides him with free coaching, facilities, room, board, etc. That one?
If that is his thinking it is a serious character flaw.
And again, I have no idea if that is his thinking.

He got all the exposure he needed last year. That was it.

All the coaching, facilities, room and board... All of that will come with millions of dollars in the NFL.

What he's getting this year, just in terms of $$$, is a shit sandwich compared to what he should be getting if the NFL were allowed to have taken him in this year's draft.

I don't know what he's thinking either, but $$$ talks. I'm willing to bet he's tired of putting himself out there for no ****ing reason. If I knew I had to basically sit on my balls for a year instead of earning millions that my skill clearly warrants in the NFL, I'd be pissed off too.

Direckshun 10-08-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10063810)
So why isn't he playing his heart out and trying to win now? Coasting through this season and being lazy does not elevate his draft stock at all. He won't be the number one now.

Well, he's not a QB. He probably was never going to be the #1.

Calvin Johnson wasn't a #1, despite the fact that, other than Andrew Luck, he's the most impressive prospect I've ever seen.

Clowney is being forced by college football to wait another year before he's eligible for the NFL.

That sucks for him. His draft stock isn't going to change. He's playing for basically free. And he's exposing himself to injury all year.

That's a bad deal if you're somebody like Clowney.

BigCatDaddy 10-08-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10063810)
So why isn't he playing his heart out and trying to win now? Coasting through this season and being lazy does not elevate his draft stock at all. <b> He won't be the number one now.</b>

He'll be top 3 depending on the need of the teams at the top, possibly #1 if the team with that pick has a QB already.

KCUnited 10-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10063818)
Well, he's not a QB. He probably was never going to be the #1.

Calvin Johnson wasn't a #1, despite the fact that, other than Andrew Luck, he's the most impressive prospect I've ever seen.

Clowney is being forced by college football to wait another year before he's eligible for the NFL.

That sucks for him. His draft stock isn't going to change. He's playing for basically free. And he's exposing himself to injury all year.

That's a bad deal if you're somebody like Clowney.

Its an NFL rule.