ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Entire offense is a mess ... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277401)

petegz28 10-13-2013 06:58 PM

All I am going to say is this. You judge a team by how they perform, not when everything is going right, but when things are going wrong.

Week in and week out since week #2 we have faced adversity that in the past we would not have recovered from. Say what you will about Smith and the O. 1 game out of 6 we didn't win the ToP. 1 Game out of 6 our QB actually had a really shit game.

And on that 1 game out of 6, we still came through when we needed too. It ain't pretty but it's prettier than any loss there is.

DTLB58 10-13-2013 06:59 PM

You can make all the excuses you want but Mr. Laz is correct.

All it will take is one Loss and this place, the local and national media will come unglued on Reid and Smith.

The suffocating D has saved their asses so far...

The O needs to improve not regress.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 10083127)
The Chiefs seem to be without a security blanket for Smith. A reliable target that just finds a way to get open when things break down.

Not having Fasano is killing our O. The TE is where Smith likes to go. He needs to get his ass on the field.

ROYC75 10-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10083122)
Hmm. Our Offense and your Defense. We can call it the Denver Briefs, Or the Kansas City Choncos. We'll split time with the Lombardi. It could work. Come on. They did it with the Steagles.

Now this could be the Pro Bowl team ( if it was allowed ) vs the NFC and we would win it all.

DTLB58 10-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10083131)
All I am going to say is this. You judge a team by how they perform, not when everything is going right, but when things are going wrong.

Week in and week out since week #2 we have faced adversity that in the past we would not have recovered from. Say what you will about Smith and the O. 1 game out of 6 we didn't win the ToP. 1 Game out of 6 our QB actually had a really shit game.

And on that 1 game out of 6, we still came through when we needed too. It ain't pretty but it's prettier than any loss there is.

I agree. 6-0 is better than 2-14 but right now our QB's best attribute is his running skills.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10083134)
You can make all the excuses you want but Mr. Laz is correct.

All it will take is one Loss and this place, the local and national media will come unglued on Reid and Smith.

The suffocating D has saved their asses so far...

The O needs to improve not regress.

And they have improved. Today they took a step back. Nothing moves in a straight line.

GloryDayz 10-13-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10083046)
... from top to bottom and is becoming a real concern.

Play calling is predictable and isn't helping anyone. Must get receivers the ball moving forward instead of standing still. Can't have every route within 10 yards of LOS.

Alex Smith seems to be getting worse. Not only does he not try to make the difficult throw but now he is missing on the easy ones.

Olinemen take turns getting beaten or making penalties

WRs don't win even the 1-on-1 battles with any consistency and still drop too many balls. WRs often run their route and then just stand there until play is over.

Even Jamaal Charles has been making mistakes. Missed blocking assignments,dropped passes, failing to stay in bounds at the end of multiple games.

:doh!:

You'll catch a lot of unwarranted shit for your post, but you're right there's a lot to be worried about if AS doesn't learn how to throw a more accurate pass when he needs to. It's time for the excuses to end and him to admit that there's a medical issue (even if it's just fear), his receivers are dumb or lazy, or he just doesn't have the accuracy gene that others do.

Bugeater 10-13-2013 07:02 PM

I don't think there's any doubt it's going to bite us in the ass sooner or later. Probably in the Donkey game.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 10083146)
I agree. 6-0 is better than 2-14 but right now our QB's best attribute is his running skills.

Really? If this is what you think then you aren't paying attention. Did you see the throw he made on the run to Bowe? Did you see him not fumble when he was getting sacked left and right? Did you see him not throw a pick?

The best attribute of our QB right now is knowing how to "manage the game". Yes, the dreaded "game manager" label. But in this case it's true. In a close game when things weren't going good and he wasn't playing his best he still kept us in the game and didn't hurt us.

So that's a long way of saying that our QB's best attribute is not shitting his pants when things going wrong.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10083148)
You'll catch a lot of unwarranted shit for your post, but you're right there's a lot to be worried about if AS doesn't learn how to throw a more accurate pass when he needs to. It's time for the excuses to end and him to admit that there's a medical issue (even if it's just fear), his receivers are dumb or lazy, or he just doesn't have the accuracy gene that others do.

So he has 1 game where he is under 50% and suddenly he is inaccurate? My how some of you really just see only what you want to see.

Before today it was he wasn't throwing the ball deep and all the yards were "YAC". Well you can't have "YAC" with inaccurate passing.

GloryDayz 10-13-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10083158)
Really? If this is what you think then you aren't paying attention. Did you see the throw he made on the run to Bowe? Did you see him not fumble when he was getting sacked left and right? Did you see him not throw a pick?

The best attribute of our QB right now is knowing how to "manage the game". Yes, the dreaded "game manager" label. But in this case it's true. In a close game when things weren't going good and he wasn't playing his best he still kept us in the game and didn't hurt us.

So that's a long way of saying that our QB's best attribute is not shitting his pants when things going wrong.

Well how many 3-and-outs did he "game manage" us into today. We get your point, but part of managing the game is staying on the field when your D is gassed. And sometimes that means seeing and/or hitting wide open receivers when the "manage" to get open.

He doesn't "manage" the D, and the D won today's game...

listopencil 10-13-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 10083145)
Now this could be the Pro Bowl team ( if it was allowed ) vs the NFC and we would win it all.

We need to pick up some more Offensive Tackles though. Lost another one today.

petegz28 10-13-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10083168)
Well how many 3-and-outs did he "game manage" us into today. We get your point, but part of managing the game is staying on the field when your D is gassed. And sometimes that means seeing and/or hitting wide open receivers when the "manage" to get open.

He doesn't "manage" the D, and the D won today's game...

Obviously you don't get my point. 5 out of 6 games we have won if not flat out dominated time of possession. It's like you guys don't ****ing pay attention to anything but the bad stuff.

the Talking Can 10-13-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10083164)
So he has 1 game where he is under 50% and suddenly he is inaccurate? My how some of you really just see only what you want to see.

Before today it was he wasn't throwing the ball deep and all the yards were "YAC". Well you can't have "YAC" with inaccurate passing.

he's inaccurate because he has completed 56.5% of his passes...........for the season:

the term applies to him specifically and literally

there is a picture of him in the dictionary next to "inaccurate: (adjective)"

GloryDayz 10-13-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 10083164)

1 game???? I think any number of us have been mentioning it all season long. JFC, it's now being talked about on national TV. I sure wish I could remember which of the many post-game shows I was watching where it was said, but it was. And it's not that some idiot talking head saw it, it's that it's a growing trend.

He's not a bad QB, but he's not an accurate passer either. Noe does he see some of the people who are open. But on that point even I will give him a pass since this O-line isn't giving him a whole heck of a lot of time.

But this is by far not the first game where his accuracy has been questioned.