ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gonzalez needs to come home (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278024)

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10134252)
For a draft pick? No.

I could go for it if it were a contingent 6th that only kicked in if the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl, but even then I'd worry a little bit about how it would impact the locker room.

He isnt known for being locker room cancer, plus it states in the OP that players have said they'd welcome it.

Frazod 10-28-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10134301)
I've thought this was a pipe dream all along, but I'm coming around to the idea that this needs to happen, assuming the price isn't too high.

I doubt it comes to fruition though.

The media's been bleating about this for a few weeks now. In all that time, I haven't heard Gonzalez say anything but "I want to stay in Atlanta." Not a peep about his time in Kansas City, not a word about how much he appreciated the fans, not a sound about his legacy as a Chief. Why?

Because he doesn't give a **** about Kansas City. Or its fans. Or his legacy as a Chief. He cares about his legacy as Tony Gonzalez. The end.

If he comes back, he comes back. I'll welcome him because we need him. But if Arrowhead had been swallowed by a giant sinkhole yesterday when it was full of fans, he wouldn't have given two shits.

CallMeSquidwad 10-28-2013 12:37 PM

Would love this move and from Dorsey's perspective it makes sense in every way. He already has a relationship with some of the guys in the locker room, and would obviously add so perfectly to this offense it boggles my mind. Bring him home Dorsey!

Reerun_KC 10-28-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134340)
The media's been bleating about this for a few weeks now. In all that time, I haven't heard Gonzalez say anything but "I want to stay in Atlanta." Not a peep about his time in Kansas City, not a word about how much he appreciated the fans, not a sound about his legacy as a Chief. Why?

Because he doesn't give a **** about Kansas City. Or its fans. Or his legacy as a Chief. He cares about his legacy as Tony Gonzalez. The end.

If he comes back, he comes back. I'll welcome him because we need him. But if Arrowhead had been swallowed by a giant sinkhole yesterday when it was full of fans, he wouldn't have given two shits.

:clap:

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134340)

what do you want him to say? he cant say whats really on his mind in this circumstance. Plus he has stated time and time again that he would retire as a Chief. How is that not respecting to his time here?

patteeu 10-28-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10134339)
He isnt known for being locker room cancer, plus it states in the OP that players have said they'd welcome it.

I have less concern with him than I'd have with Josh Gordon, but even though he won't go Dez Bryant on anyone, it's hard to predict how his teammates will react to the return of the prodigal son.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10134372)
I have less concern with him than I'd have with Josh Gordon, but even though he won't go Dez Bryant on anyone, it's hard to predict how his teammates will react to the return of the prodigal son.

If he helps us win, and get to the next level on offense, I dont see whats to not like.

Frazod 10-28-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10134349)
what do you want him to say? he cant say whats really on his mind in this circumstance. Plus he has stated time and time again that he would retire as a Chief. How is that not respecting to his time here?

Can't say what's on his mind? You mean like when he doesn't realize he's wearing a hot mic and bitches about having to deal with the little people? Unless there's a camera rolling, of course.

He's a dick. Which is fine, because I don't want to hang out with him - I want him to catch passes and block. And if you think he's all dreamy, I get that, but that does nothing for me.

All this COME BACK SHANE! crap is laughable. Kansas City is not Tony Gonzalez's home.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10134388)
Can't say what's on his mind? You mean like when he doesn't realize he's wearing a hot mic and bitches about having to deal with the little people? Unless there's a camera rolling, of course.

He's a dick. Which is fine, because I don't want to hang out with him - I want him to catch passes and block. And if you think he's all dreamy, I get that, but that does nothing for me.

All this COME BACK SHANE! crap is laughable. Kansas City is not Tony Gonzalez's home.

I couldnt care less if hes a dick or not (Ive met him many times and hes not a dick to me anyways), if he gets this team to the next level, I could give a **** what he says on a hot mic.

patteeu 10-28-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10134385)
If he helps us win, and get to the next level on offense, I dont see whats to not like.

Sure, but if he doesn't, what's to like?

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10134402)
Sure, but if he doesn't, what's to like?

The team rolling the dice and going for it NOW!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2013 12:50 PM

If we want to do more than get our asses handed to us in the coming weeks, then we need to try and get him back.

This whole Axl shit-fest was predicated on WIN NOW. So, you'd better get the piece that can help make it happen.

Carlota69 10-28-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10134406)
If we want to do more than get our asses handed to us in the coming weeks, then we need to try and get him back.

This whole Axl shit-fest was predicated on WIN NOW. So, you'd better get the piece that can help make it happen.

We actually agree!:clap:

CaliforniaChief 10-28-2013 12:52 PM

The only thing I'd change about the OP is the "coming home" part. I don't view this move with nostalgia. He's still a top level TE who can make the plays our offense desperately needs on 3rd downs and in the red zone. And if he can be had for a 5th or less, I say that's a good football decision.

wazu 10-28-2013 12:54 PM

How can anybody not think this guy would be worth a 5th rounder? Have you seen the collection of clowns we drafted this past Spring? Afraid we won't get one more of those next year? WHY?! I'd pull trigger for a 4th rounder in a heartbeat. Let's not forget this regime considered Alex Smith to be worth two 2nd round picks.