ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV History Channel to remake "Roots" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278346)

DaneMcCloud 11-06-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10166715)
He has a point, though, especially when you consider things like of the 10 highest grossing films last year, 9 were sequels, and the 10th was a book adaptation.

That has nothing to do with "originality" and everything to do with pleasing the audience.

cosmo20002 11-07-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 10163881)
Yay, can't wait for yet another serving of white guilt, for which I had absolutely nothing to do with. Even cooler, I have no chance of beating any black candidate for college, any government job at any level, and will always be the first to be fired no matter what my job performance when a black man's job can be saved instead (actually happened). USA USA USA!

Uh-huh. It's all their fault that you're a loser.

Frazod 11-07-2013 09:29 AM

The only thing good I have to say about this is AT LEAST IT'S RELATED TO HISTORY (albeit weepy white-guilt-ridden junk), although I'd sooner reruns of Saved by the Bell. They should just change the name to the Inbred Dumbass Channel. Same with Discovery. Jerkoffs trading scripted insults in random work environments, idiots digging through barns full of trash, Andrew Zimmern eating guts and eyeballs. That's pretty much the content of these formerly great channels. It's gotten so bad that the programming improves when the infomercials take over in the middle of the night.

They shouldn't even be on the air anymore. :shake:

Deberg_1990 11-07-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10167178)
The only thing good I have to say about this is AT LEAST IT'S RELATED TO HISTORY (albeit weepy white-guilt-ridden junk), although I'd sooner reruns of Saved by the Bell. They should just change the name to the Inbred Dumbass Channel. Same with Discovery. Jerkoffs trading scripted insults in random work environments, idiots digging through barns full of trash, Andrew Zimmern eating guts and eyeballs. That's pretty much the content of these formerly great channels. It's gotten so bad that the programming improves when the infomercials take over in the middle of the night.

H2 is for History

Frazod 11-07-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10168222)
H2 is for History

Every time I check it out its for Ancient Aliens.

I can only take so much of that goofy Londo Molari looking ****er.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-07-2013 07:32 PM

BOO!/Marlboro Chief

DaneMcCloud 11-07-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10167178)

Sorry, Dude.

The Discovery and A&E networks are where my money comes from these days, so as much as you hate them, I hope they never go away.

:D

SAUTO 11-07-2013 08:36 PM

Oh shit Dane is mike rowe...
Posted via Mobile Device

displacedinMN 11-13-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10166715)
He has a point, though, especially when you consider things like of the 10 highest grossing films last year, 9 were sequels, and the 10th was a book adaptation.

So I wonder how NBC is doing with the new Ironsides and the soon to be remade
Murder, She Wrote?

Heard that Boy Meets World will become Girl Meets World-with the original cast.

sarcasm font-Charlies Angels did well.

Can't wait for The new Magnum P.I., ChIPS and Rockford Files, 2014.

Wow. Original.

Fairplay 11-13-2013 09:34 PM

We use to call the History channel the Hitler channel because it would show tons of footage about WW2 all the time, now you hardly see it.

Now withe History channel has a lot of junk on it, meh.

Learning about wars in the past was cool though.

FishingRod 11-14-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 10168274)
Every time I check it out its for Ancient Aliens.

I can only take so much of that goofy Londo Molari looking ****er.

I went back and Watched b-5 on Netflix a year or so back.. It was still good

Londo wasn’t very nice to Flounder

htismaqe 11-14-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10168222)
H2 is for History

H2 is for Ancient Aliens. History Channel is for Pawn Stars.

That's the only 2 things that are EVER on.

Beef Supreme 11-14-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 10187253)
I went back and Watched b-5 on Netflix a year or so back.. It was still good

Londo wasn’t very nice to Flounder

Bah, I am doing my free month of Netflix and tried to find b-5, but it isn't there. Do they bring stuff back once it goes off?

Frazod 11-14-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10187456)
Bah, I am doing my free month of Netflix and tried to find b-5, but it isn't there. Do they bring stuff back once it goes off?

Netflix is kind of like Costco. They'll have something available for streaming for years, and then one day it's just gone.

Deberg_1990 05-21-2016 08:34 PM

Looks solid.

Premieres Memorial Day

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZZwaqFhs9fo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>