ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bryce Petty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278658)

Nightfyre 11-17-2013 06:20 PM

Sacc overvalues linemen and QBs currently on the roster. Surprise.

jd1020 11-18-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10195553)
There isn't a guy in this draft that has a snowballs chance in hell of beating out Smith, Daniel or Bray in the next three years.

Are you ****ing serious?

Smith is on a 2 year contract. There's no guarantee he's extended. Daniel is ****ing garbage and, iirc, can be cut next year without a penny owed. And Bray hasn't shown dick, yet.

This team still needs a QB. I'd rather "waste" a pick on a guy that didn't have a snowballs chance in hell (Russell Wilson) than pick a ****ing guard.

Saccopoo 11-18-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10201170)
Are you ****ing serious?

Smith is on a 2 year contract. There's no guarantee he's extended. Daniel is ****ing garbage and, iirc, can be cut next year without a penny owed. And Bray hasn't shown dick, yet.

This team still needs a QB. I'd rather "waste" a pick on a guy that didn't have a snowballs chance in hell (Russell Wilson) than pick a ****ing guard.

Yeah...Russell Wilson. Because there's guys like that in every draft. Joe Montana, Tom Brady...guys like that.

And of course Bray hasn't shown dick. When did you think that was going to happen? Last week? This week?

Totally serious.

Name the "Russell Wilson" in this draft. Name a guy in this draft who is going to beat out anyone on this roster.

I'll help you with it - there isn't one.

jd1020 11-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10203116)
Name the "Russell Wilson" in this draft. Name a guy in this draft who is going to beat out anyone on this roster.

There is NEVER one right?

Just like there's never a Ryan Tannehill, Colin Kaepernick, Nick Foles, EJ Manuel, Kirk Cousins, etc...

Definitely safer to pick a guard.

RealSNR 11-18-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10203116)
Yeah...Russell Wilson. Because there's guys like that in every draft. Joe Montana, Tom Brady...guys like that.

And of course Bray hasn't shown dick. When did you think that was going to happen? Last week? This week?

Totally serious.

No guy is going to beat out Alex Smith this year.

The point is we better start preparing for life after Alex. Bray isn't enough.

jd1020 11-18-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10203871)

The Chiefs are like the majority of their fans...

Fan 1 - "There isn't a QB worth picking. It's best we choose a lineman and play it safe."

2 years later...

Fan 2 - "What about QB X?"

Fan 1 - "LOL! Hindsight 50/50!!!"

I believe the Chiefs spend more time scouting backup QBs on other teams than they do college QBs.

kcchiefsus 11-19-2013 06:56 AM

saccoshit is clearly the dumbest mother ****er alive.

the Talking Can 11-19-2013 03:53 PM

no one is good enough

too risky

next year

draft OL

Saccopoo 11-19-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10203871)

Bray is a four year project.

The guy hasn't seen the field his rookie season and deservedly so.

So how can anyone state that "Bray isn't enough."? You can't, because you don't know.

And there isn't a rookie in the 2014 draft that has his tools. There isn't a rookie in the 2014 draft that's going to beat out Smith next year. Or the year after.

I'm sorry that is what it is, but it is what it is.

Drafting another QB in 2014 is simply pissing away a pick. They would be the fourth QB on the roster and would be on the practice squad at best. Guaranteed. It's a class filled with "just guys" other than Manziel and I'm still not sure about him as an NFL QB in this day and age.

What I do know is that our guards and wide receivers need to be upgraded immediately if this team is going to have a chance in the next three to five years, which is the window they have.

They will start looking at QB's in the 2015 and later drafts depending upon Bray's development, but you sure as shit aren't going to see one in 2014. You better hope that it's guard/receiver every other pick unless a stud at FS or TE is available when they pick in the first round. However, they have a good shot at getting a very, very good guard or receiver at their first round selection regardless.

I beseech you to think objectively on this and realize that drafting a mediocre QB prospect in 2014 would be folly.

jd1020 11-19-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10205876)
You better hope that it's guard/receiver every other pick unless a stud at FS or TE is available when they pick in the first round.

Oh god yes.

I'm just hoping and praying the Chiefs find it in their hearts to finally address the line in the first round!

Come on Dorsey! Answer my prayers!

Mr_Tomahawk 11-19-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10205876)
Bray is a four year project.

The guy hasn't seen the field his rookie season and deservedly so.

So how can anyone state that "Bray isn't enough."? You can't, because you don't know.

And there isn't a rookie in the 2014 draft that has his tools. There isn't a rookie in the 2014 draft that's going to beat out Smith next year. Or the year after.

I'm sorry that is what it is, but it is what it is.

Drafting another QB in 2014 is simply pissing away a pick. They would be the fourth QB on the roster and would be on the practice squad at best. Guaranteed. It's a class filled with "just guys" other than Manziel and I'm still not sure about him as an NFL QB in this day and age.

What I do know is that our guards and wide receivers need to be upgraded immediately if this team is going to have a chance in the next three to five years, which is the window they have.

They will start looking at QB's in the 2015 and later drafts depending upon Bray's development, but you sure as shit aren't going to see one in 2014. You better hope that it's guard/receiver every other pick unless a stud at FS or TE is available when they pick in the first round. However, they have a good shot at getting a very, very good guard or receiver at their first round selection regardless.

I beseech you to think objectively on this and realize that drafting a mediocre QB prospect in 2014 would be folly.

I've gotta spread more rep...but gawd damn that was sexy!

http://i.minus.com/ixC2LBSU6mRJF.gif

Saccopoo 11-19-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10204201)
The Chiefs are like the majority of their fans...

Fan 1 - "There isn't a QB worth picking. It's best we choose a lineman and play it safe."

2 years later...

Fan 2 - "What about QB X?"

Fan 1 - "LOL! Hindsight 50/50!!!"

I believe the Chiefs spend more time scouting backup QBs on other teams than they do college QBs.

Completely unrealistic.

It's not that there isn't a QB worth picking (even though that's the case in the 2014 draft), it's that picking one is simply going to be a waste of a pick as they aren't going to beat out anyone on this roster and will be relegated to the practice squad at best. That's a waste of a pick.

And you are using failed logic in thinking that the Chiefs are going to draft Russell Wilson, Tom Brady or Joe Montana rather than a guy who will join the vast multitudes of QBs who were drafted in the later rounds who have never made an NFL roster, busted out or whathaveyou.

You, sir, are living a pipe dream.

jd1020 11-19-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10206046)
Completely unrealistic.

It's not that there isn't a QB worth picking (even though that's the case in the 2014 draft), it's that picking one is simply going to be a waste of a pick as they aren't going to beat out anyone on this roster and will be relegated to the practice squad at best. That's a waste of a pick.

And you are using failed logic in thinking that the Chiefs are going to draft Russell Wilson, Tom Brady or Joe Montana rather than a guy who will join the vast multitudes of QBs who were drafted in the later rounds who have never made an NFL roster, busted out or whathaveyou.

You, sir, are living a pipe dream.

Of course I'm living in a pipe dream.

I will never give up hope that the Chiefs will get out of their own ****ing way and make their own luck.

After all, they will never pick the next Russell Wilson when they are busy picking guards.

Nightfyre 11-19-2013 10:49 PM

I reemember one time I said, "man I like this russell wilson kid a lot, let's take him in the third round," and everyone was all, "that's too early, you can get him in the fifth but its a wasted pick because he's super short and will never make it." And I was all, "yeah but he plays behind the biggest line in college at wisconsin," and everyone was all, "too short!" Tell me sacc, where did you stand on russell wilson?

Saccopoo 11-20-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10206453)
I reemember one time I said, "man I like this russell wilson kid a lot, let's take him in the third round," and everyone was all, "that's too early, you can get him in the fifth but its a wasted pick because he's super short and will never make it." And I was all, "yeah but he plays behind the biggest line in college at wisconsin," and everyone was all, "too short!" Tell me sacc, where did you stand on russell wilson?

I always liked Doug Flutie.