ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I cannot believe I just lost my dog. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279250)

MahiMike 12-06-2013 10:56 AM

Aw man, sorry to hear that. Dogs rule.

Buehler445 12-06-2013 11:01 AM

Sorry for your loss man.

Chief dog is 4 in a couple months. That's not that far behind. I have however, informed him that he must live at least as long as I do.

The Franchise 12-06-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10252201)
Sorry for your loss man.

Chief dog is 4 in a couple months. That's not that far behind. I have however, informed him that he must live at least as long as I do.

We've got a Lab/Beagle mix that is 6-7 years old. My wife has had her since she was a puppy. Actually gave a homeless guy a pack of cigarettes for her. I'm not looking forward to that dog passing. Not only because I love her....but because my wife is going to lose it.

Bwana 12-06-2013 11:03 AM

Sorry to read about this. I have been on a good run of bad luck with dogs over the last year myself and it always sucks to have to put one down.

DMAC 12-06-2013 11:05 AM

Oh... damn.

Sorry my friend.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-06-2013 11:06 AM

Wow. This is the 2nd one recently, no? I'm so sorry, bro. Jesus. Mine is 8 and I will break down and lose it if she leaves me anytime in the next 4 years. I expect to have her at least until she's 12. At least. You just never know though. We'll get together and toast a beer to her honor. If you need anything, just let me know. :(

Beef Supreme 12-06-2013 11:07 AM

Yeah, it's pretty devastating. Lost my best friend in October. He was only 7.

The best thing I did was get a puppy. It doesn't replace them, but it helps fill the dog sized hole in your heart. And it's a lot of work ... keeps you busy, and gives you a reason to go on walks and to the park.

Radar Chief 12-06-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10252179)
Sorry to hear it, i always recommend a new puppy in these situations, nothing like a puppy to put a lil cheer back in things.

After putting down Phoebe the Jeep dog I didn’t want another dog at all but after about 6 months Mrs. Radar shoved a dog we adopted from a shelter off on me. At first I was a bit pissed because all I saw when I looked at Rhetta the Jeep dog was having to put her down in 10 years. So it took a bit but when that goofy little malnourished twig we brought home worked her way into my heart I realized that I can’t dwell on how she will end, just enjoy her while she’s here. Now that I get it, I won’t be that long without a dog again. Dogs rule.

hometeam 12-06-2013 11:08 AM

I went through the same thing with a 3 year old dog recently. Fine at 4pm, nearly dead by 8pm. 600 bucks later and it looks like he's perking up and he is going to be fine. He makes it overnight with the vet but didn't last the next day.

Dogs are the best kind of people. I feel for ya bro.

gblowfish 12-06-2013 11:09 AM

Really sorry for you. I lost my good friend Rocky the Cat about six weeks ago. I miss him very much and think about him a lot.

Eleazar 12-06-2013 11:10 AM

Sorry man. That's a tough one.

noa 12-06-2013 11:10 AM

That's awful. Same exact thing happened to my boss's dog (completely undetected liver tumor). So sudden you can barely process it. Sounds like you had a great run with your dog, and it's a shame it ended so soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze 12-06-2013 11:12 AM

shit man. I'm sorry. Dogs are the best. I heard something once that hopefully with help me when my dogs 'check-out'

"as bad as you feel now, you would never trade a moment of all the good times and love she gave to you in an order to ease your pain now".

RIP Dog.

HemiEd 12-06-2013 11:12 AM

So sorry to hear this, as dogs are the best. If only we could be so good.

frankotank 12-06-2013 11:13 AM

so sorry man. I've been there and it's a bitch.
and you know what....I will be there again.... my current big bubba won't be around forever. he's gonna go too, just like my last big bubba. so I'll have to deal with it again, but it's worth it.

the love she gave you was worth the pain you feel now. you wouldn't trade it for anything.