ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Has CP jumped the shark? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279643)

Rain Man 12-17-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10287304)
what the hell does 'jumped the shark' mean?

Have you been held captive by Hamas for the past 20 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery, which is usually a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest. Its name is taken from a scene from a fifth season episode of the sit-com Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark on water-skis.

In its initial usage, it referred to the point in a television program's history when the program had outlived its freshness and viewers had begun to feel that the show's writers were out of new ideas, often after great effort was made to revive interest in the show by the writers, producers, or network.

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, or creative effort's evolution loses the essential qualities that initially defined its success and declines, ultimately, into irrelevance.

Dayze 12-17-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10287340)
Have you been held captive by Hamas for the past 20 years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

Jumping the shark is an idiom created by Jon Hein that was used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery, which is usually a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep viewers' interest. Its name is taken from a scene from a fifth season episode of the sit-com Happy Days when the character Fonzie jumps over a shark on water-skis.
In its initial usage, it referred to the point in a television program's history when the program had outlived its freshness and viewers had begun to feel that the show's writers were out of new ideas, often after great effort was made to revive interest in the show by the writers, producers, or network.

The usage of "jump the shark" has subsequently broadened beyond television, indicating the moment when a brand, design, or creative effort's evolution loses the essential qualities that initially defined its success and declines, ultimately, into irrelevance.

holy shit. LMAO

loochy 12-17-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10287351)
holy shit. LMAO

yes, it's real:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MpraJYnbVtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 12-17-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10287351)
holy shit. LMAO

In reading it, I was shocked that it happened at the beginning of Season 5. I thought it was something at the very end of the series, but the article says that Happy Days continued for another seven years after jumping the shark.

Dayze 12-17-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10287358)
In reading it, I was shocked that it happened at the beginning of Season 5. I thought it was something at the very end of the series, but the article says that Happy Days continued for another seven years after jumping the shark.

audiences must love a crazy Fonzie stunt.

I bet if they would have had him stick his head in a lions mouth, they could've gone on another 7. Though saying "This show has it's head in a lions mouth" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

I'm glad we're going with Jump The Shark

Goldmember 12-17-2013 12:48 PM

It's like the Chiefs in the 60s. Glory days you can never get back.

Eleazar 12-17-2013 12:54 PM

I don't think the cornball nature of the shark jump was the issue so much as it meant that the writers of the show had run out of ideas.

Dayze 12-17-2013 12:57 PM

Richie Loves Fonzie would've created quite the buzz.

ptlyon 12-17-2013 12:58 PM

Glad they ended it before Walt jumped the shark

Halfcan 12-17-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10287356)
yes, it's real:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MpraJYnbVtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched this live on tv-back in the day-lol It was a pretty big deal. evil Knieval jumped a tank of sharks after this.

The Fonze also did a barrel jump on his bike.

KC native 12-17-2013 01:22 PM

I don't know about the shark. I think it may have jumped the dolphin.

or the beluga whale aka frazbob.

Eleazar 12-17-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10287610)
I don't know about the shark. I think it may have jumped the dolphin.

or the beluga whale aka frazbob.

are you gonna post about him in every thread and then claim you aren't obsessed with him?

Nzoner 12-17-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10287613)
are you gonna post about him in every thread and then claim you aren't obsessed with him?

no shit,I've only been on an hour or so and it's everywhere.

KC native 12-17-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10287613)

I'm having fun with it currently because it's getting a rise out of the frazbob defenders.

OMG FRAZBOB IS A VICTIM AND KC NATIVE IS SHITTING ALL OVER THE BOARD!

KC native 12-17-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10287618)
no shit,I've only been on an hour or so and it's everywhere.

3 threads isn't everywhere.