ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Evolution of the Planet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279686)

Easy 6 12-18-2013 12:34 PM

Personally, the dipshittery by some just doesn't faze me, i usually skim right past it to the posters i want to read, by the same token though, its nice to have people to laugh at once in a while.

The trolls and lulz guys are the price paid for light moderation, i'd rather deal with that than have some kind of orangemane dictatorship.

ChiefsCountry 12-18-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10290453)
I've only been here since 2005, but you're right. Things have changed for the worse.

We left the barn door wide open, but there's no going back now. This place used to be like a fraternity - you had to go through a little hazing and EARN respect as a poster. Somewhere along the way, we lost that - and we have these entitled shits who act like some cousin you never knew you had. They show up at your door looking for a place to crash for the night and next thing you know, they've ate all your food, drank all your booze, made a ****ing mess and have basically moved themselves in.

Sadly, all you can do now is either live with it, decrease your time spent here, or leave altogether. None of which are good options to those of us that believe in the community aspect of this place.

As I said in another thread - we're creeping up on the point where the old regime starts to get sick of this shit and leaves, and Kyle's going to be left with a board filled with trolls and kids that are more about "the lulz" than football talk and community.

The Cassel trade changed this board forever. It really did make a civil war on this board.

a pp roach 12-18-2013 12:36 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...onna_paint.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 12-18-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10290484)
Personally, the dipshittery by some just doesn't faze me, i usually skim right past it to the posters i want to read, by the same token though, its nice to have people to laugh at once in a while.

The trolls and lulz guys are the price paid for light moderation, i'd rather deal with that than have some kind of orangemane dictatorship.

Yeah, because there can't POSSIBLY be some middle ground. It's not a black or white issue.

Oh, wait. We did experience that middle ground for a bit.

From 2000-2009. Damn near a decade.

Rams Fan 12-18-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness.
That would result in a purge of like 70% of the members here, though.

htismaqe 12-18-2013 12:37 PM

It's odd that the OP suggests that we need to fix a relatively NEW phenomenon and simultaneously lays the blame on someone who joined the SAME TIME he did - the day the board was born.

If this truly is the case, Chiefsplanet was doomed from the day it started.

ToxSocks 12-18-2013 12:38 PM

I've been here since '05 and imo it's the same as it's ever been.

I look around the Lounge and i don't see anything different aside from a lack of KCstar articles and Bob Gretz camp updates.

If you spend a lot of time in DC, then you're likely to have a jaded view of CP. Judging by the names you rattled off, it sounds like that's exactly what's happening.

The lounge, media center etc are the same as it ever was.

Stay out of DC and your opinion might sway a little.

Just Passin' By 12-18-2013 12:38 PM

So the way to make this a better free and open forum is to stop letting it be a free and open forum?

The terrorists win again.

Katipan 12-18-2013 12:38 PM

It was a pretty decent shock how much this place changed in the 3 years I took off. But we collectively have been pretty cruel to people. An argument can be made for live by the troll die by the troll.

KCUnited 12-18-2013 12:38 PM

Old timer takes a shot at old timer in the op, 5 posts later old timer fires back, but its the n00bs.

Rausch 12-18-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 10290423)
IMO at this point nothing short of a cleansing designed to rid the planet of trolls and bloody vaginas that have no control is exactly what this place needs to regain its former greatness.

Is that your final solution?...

seclark 12-18-2013 12:39 PM

there's always been good people here, and there's always been jerkoffs. after all these years of (imo) success, there's a lot more good people and a lot more jerkoffs.

I feel that in this type of "open" atmosphere people will try to take it to the limit of what's allowed. if they get away w/it, there's going to be someone else who takes it a little further. after awhile, someone gets offended who at times has tried to push it to the limit themselves.

I just don't think this place is really any different than it ever was. someone's bitching today, and someone else will be bitching tomorrow.

don't change this place. change yourself.
sec

Rams Fan 12-18-2013 12:39 PM

Let's blown up the abomination known as the DC forum and nuke the posters that post 99.99% of the time there with it!

Dartgod 12-18-2013 12:39 PM

Big Daddy brings up many good points, but I'm not sure a "cleansing" is an option.

I do think there should be some new rules in place that can help rid us of "undesirables" in the future. Not that there should be additional restrictions on what can and cannot be posted, but what I'd like to see is some restrictions on the back and forth sniping between certain members. Isolated cases are fine, but when it continues and both parties are more interested in following each other around and infecting any thread that suits them, then warnings should be issued. If it continues, then the mod team can force the offenders to ignore each other (is this possible?), disable rep, or in extreme cases institute bannings.

I don't want to take away from the open nature of this forum, but some of the ongoing battles between members have gotten ridiculous.

Rausch 12-18-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10290500)
It was a pretty decent shock how much this place changed in the 3 years I took off. But we collectively have been pretty cruel to people. An argument can be made for live by the troll die by the troll.

Yup.

There was once a time that CP itself had the balls to rid our board of trolls.

No mods required.

When we started treating n00bs with kid gloves we damaged CP's immune system...