ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: My offseason plan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279870)

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:32 AM

Think I would go CB or QB in round 1. Depending on who is still on the board at the bottom of round 1. We need to maximize that pick because of the loss of the 2nd rounder.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 08:37 AM

If there is a QB on the board who has a reasonable shot to end up better than Alex Smith, you take him. If there's one with a projectable skill set, you still have to consider taking him.

If there is an absolute dearth at that spot for some reason, and you're left pondering the likes of a shitass like Carr, then take a WR, FS, or pass rusher.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305612)
If there is a QB on the board who has a reasonable shot to end up better than Alex Smith, you take him. If there's one with a projectable skill set, you still have to consider taking him.

If there is an absolute dearth at that spot for some reason, and you're left pondering the likes of a shitass like Carr, then take a WR, FS, or pass rusher.

I think that KC would be a great spot to grab someone like Mettenberger.

Torn Acl. He could come in, sit back, not rush him back. Perfect scenario.

top 15 talent, at the later parts of the first.

Could be an Aaron Rodgers type steal.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305612)

The only mock I've seen so far appears to have higher quality WR talent still on the board at the bottom of round 1 than most positions. That may be the best direction.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305619)
I think that KC would be a great spot to grab someone like Mettenberger.

Torn Acl. He could come in, sit back, not rush him back. Perfect scenario.

top 15 talent, at the later parts of the first.

Could be an Aaron Rodgers type steal.

I've heard good things about him as well. If it were any other position I would so no way because of the ACL. However, with a QB it isn't as critical.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305623)
The only mock I've seen so far appears to have higher quality WR talent still on the board at the bottom of round 1 than most positions. That may be the best direction.

The kid from Vandy would be a fantastic grab.

FANTASTIC.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305627)
I've heard good things about him as well. If it were any other position I would so no way because of the ACL. However, with a QB it isn't as critical.

Exactly.

He could not be rushed back. Sit and learn from Alex, Reid, and Pedersen, then next offseason after Alex is gone, him and Bray can fight it out.

May the best big armed stud win

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305623)

It's still a long, long way away.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305628)
The kid from Vandy would be a fantastic grab.

FANTASTIC.

Jordan Matthews? The mock had him at 32 to Seattle.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305633)
Jordan Matthews? The mock had him at 32 to Seattle.

Yeah him. Super Talented. I like him better than Mike Evans.

FRCDFED 12-23-2013 08:47 AM

30. Kansas City Chiefs
Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro
Amaro has spent most of his season in the slot, torturing Big 12 defenses, and he’d be the perfect addition to this Chiefs offense that needs a little additional boost. Alex Smith had strong tight ends in San Francisco, and Amaro could be just the seam target he’s looking for to take that next step.

No way we take a TE in the first. lol

HemiEd 12-23-2013 08:51 AM

ROFL:LOL: Direckshun, I was all in there and enjoying your opening post until I saw your first draft pick.

I hate to break it to you, but it aint happening. I wish it would, but it is pretty clear, it won't.

Mav 12-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 10305636)
30. Kansas City Chiefs
Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro
Amaro has spent most of his season in the slot, torturing Big 12 defenses, and he’d be the perfect addition to this Chiefs offense that needs a little additional boost. Alex Smith had strong tight ends in San Francisco, and Amaro could be just the seam target he’s looking for to take that next step.

No way we take a TE in the first. lol

Shrugs. I suggested that.

Most of the most explosive offenses, not only have ONE, but multiple tight ends helping it.

For example. seattle has a rookie stud named Luke Wilson go along with Zach Miller.

San Francisco is running out a variation of Vernon Davis, Derrick Carrier, and Vance McDonald,.

The saints, Graham, and Ben Watson.

Its becoming vogue.

The extra tight end is becoming the old fullback.

Hell, the Ravens, although they got their shit pushed in yesterday, have been running a rotation of 3, with Dallas Clark, Ed Dickson, and now Pitta.

The Bengals took Tyler Eifert last year, to pair with Gresham.

The Lions use both Pettigrew, and Fauria.

I think that is a big part of the problem with the Chiefs offense.

Fasano has decent hands, but zero speed.

Same with Duck dynasty.

A super tight end like Zach Ebron from North Carolina, would open up so many more options for the Chiefs.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Love it.

King_Chief_Fan 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Need to flush a lot of bad off this team
11-4 team that is 2-4 of the last 6 ....3 losses at home.
what ever improves the o line and puts the ball in Recievers hands that can get open and catch id s good start...... a couple of db's that are better than what is there now will help