ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football "I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards and a Bigot" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280178)

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329022)
I am sure this will help Kluwe get back into the NFL.

On the bright side for him, he will probably get his own show on MSNBC.

:thumb:

Dante84 01-02-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10329017)
Kluwe is a social media whore, he's looking for people to pay attention to him. He said stupid shit like this when he was in the NFL and he's no different from today. Funny how the whole Phil Robertson thing blows up over all news outlets then Kluwe says he was punished because of his views. Why didn't this story come out before Phil Robertson? Because it needed something to give it legs, it's just like everyone jumping on the concussion bandwagon. If people see an opening they take it, forget working hard when you can just sue someone or make ridiculous accusations that even if they were true doesn't make a damn bit of difference in our society.

This and Phil Robertson are completely different.

PR expressed his views, and A&E expressed theirs, by suspending him. PR can still quit, A&E can still fire him. No rights are violated, and everyone is treated fairly under the law.

What Kluwe is alleging is harassment by an employer because of his opinions on a human rights issue. Whether its true or not, it IS a legal issue, because in America, discriminatory language by your employer is not allowed.

Again - this situation is completely different than Phil Robertson, who's rights were not violated.

Eleazar 01-02-2014 05:48 PM

Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 10329054)
Yeah, because the Vikings had so much going for them this season.

What does that have to do with it? Winning season or losing season, the players are still trying to do (and keep) their jobs.

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329022)
I am sure this will help Kluwe get back into the NFL.

On the bright side for him, he will probably get his own show on MSNBC.

If you had read what he wrote, you'd realize that he says that by going public with all this he will probably end any chance he has of playing in NFL again.

splatbass 01-02-2014 05:50 PM

I just find it amazing that the people who defend Phil Robertson when he speaks his mind attack Kluwe for speaking his mind.

Marcellus 01-02-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10329018)
I like how he hopes to destroy someone's life simply because they disagree with him. 'Merica

So I take it you didn't read the article?

patteeu 01-02-2014 05:53 PM

I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

headsnap 01-02-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10329066)
Butthurt punter... go sell insurance

LOL, I'm friends with a former NFL kicker(Super Bowl Winning BTW), he sells insurance now...

Dante84 01-02-2014 05:55 PM

Also, let's not forget Phil Robertson's advice that men "should marry girls who are 15 or 16."

I'm not so sure he's the guy you want to rally your cause around.

FloridaMan88 01-02-2014 06:04 PM

Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Rain Man 01-02-2014 06:07 PM

He was 24th in gross average last season, 18th in net average, and 31st in number of punts inside the 20 (though in fairness he was tied for 2nd in touchbacks). Perhaps he should have spent less time writing essays and more time punting.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10329078)
I have no problem believing what he says about his coaches and his GM. On the other hand, I have no problem with the team deciding to move on from a mediocre punter who won't stop bringing unwanted attention to the team and replacing him with an equally effective, cheaper alternative.

and that is all Minnesota has to do to prove their decision was football and finance related - they got similar production from someone else at half the cost.

facts are facts.

Kiimo 01-02-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 10329095)
Now that Kluwe realizes he currently has no means to support his family and no income he'll sue the NFL for concussions/hating gays/hostile work environment/making him feel sad, etc, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

rabblerouser 01-02-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10329107)
Frankly it sounds like he'll be justified in doing so.

again, the Vikings received similar production for half the cost.

Kluwe has no case against the Vikings.

However, it seems like he's been blacklisted from the league, so...