ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   1st round mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280768)

Direckshun 01-19-2014 02:07 AM

If you're suggesting Jensen is in the same universe as Amaro's ability to separate and get open...

OldSchool 01-19-2014 02:21 AM

Why drop Darqueze Dennard so far? Best shut down corner in the draft, IMO. If he's there, I'm taking him and waiting until later to address the offense. Honestly though, if he runs under a 4.5 at the combine he won't last past pick 15.

redshirt32 01-19-2014 03:25 AM

With the way the NFL is TE happy will the top two even be available when we pick, we can only hope teams go QB crazy in the first, but are the Chiefs looking for a TE in the first or BBA.

The early word is Browns are Johnny football happy they could move up to the #2 spot easily.
The faiders should also be looking QB

With no number two we should look to trade out or down in the first and pick up moar picks WR talent is deep this year, sucks not having a number two, but happy with AS so far.
Lets hope Dorsey can find moar picks somehow at least someone who can stay on the field in this years draft.

Mav 01-19-2014 03:28 AM

Ebron isn't a crap route runner. What separates him is his ability to stretch the field, his rac ability, and his fearless nature with which he will go over the middle.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-19-2014 10:05 AM

When the Browns traded Richardson for a 1st I knew damn good and well it was so they'd have ammo to get Manziel. And Manziels career will be ruined . Maybe he'll pull a Manning and refuse to play for them. I hope the Texans take him .

Dunerdr 01-19-2014 10:54 AM

Anyone got good footage on Jensen? Can't find much worth looking at. He does look interesting as a somewhat unrefined prospect. And is also tempting since we just dropped a three on a tight end. Use a 1 on a wideout or a pass rusher have two solid guys developing. Call me a sucker but I like Dorsey's game, find the guy with the high ceiling and let your staff polish him into the diamond they want. It's worked fairly well in Green Bay.

OldSchool 01-19-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 10378114)
Anyone got good footage on Jensen? Can't find much worth looking at. He does look interesting as a somewhat unrefined prospect. And is also tempting since we just dropped a three on a tight end. Use a 1 on a wideout or a pass rusher have two solid guys developing. Call me a sucker but I like Dorsey's game, find the guy with the high ceiling and let your staff polish him into the diamond they want. It's worked fairly well in Green Bay.

He was better in 2012 than he was in 2013. Character concerns will drop him out of the first round, maybe to the 3rd. Speaking of TEs with character concerns who would otherwise be 1st/2nd round talents, anyone take a look at Colt Lyerla? He may drop to the 6-FA rounds but has top talent as a receiving TE and held his own as a blocker in the Oregon system. Very good speed and RAC ability for a TE as well, good hands and body control. If he could get on the straight and narrow, he could be a steal due to his off the field issues.

Saccopoo 01-19-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10377879)
If you're suggesting Jensen is in the same universe as Amaro's ability to separate and get open...

No, but he's very athletic in his own right and has better hands. He's also as good if not better in-line blocker and has improved on that aspect due to the fact that Fresno State went to a four WR set and kept him back in protection a lot.

Remember the 2010 draft, when guys like Jimmy Graham, Dennis Pitta and Aaron Hernandez were still available going into the fourth round?

While this class isn't as deep as that one (and I've said that that was the single best TE class ever), it's a pretty deep class for the position and you don't necessarily need to spend a first rounder to get a very, very good guy at that position - especially after the Chiefs just spent a very high third rounder on Travis Kelce last season. (And yes, I do know he was injured, but he was that "explosive, complete TE" of that draft.)

I'm not completely sold on either Amaro or Ebron, and I think we took last years version of Amaro in last years draft with the Kelce pick. It smacks of redundancy to do it again the following year.

BossChief 01-19-2014 01:40 PM

Aha...the whole "we don't need a tight end because we already drafted Kele" response.

That's like saying we didnt need Eric Berry because we already had Bernard Pollard (who I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back if we feel Berry can help at FS and put Pollard into Berrys role...something he would absolutely excel at.

Saccopoo 01-19-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10378185)
He was better in 2012 than he was in 2013. Character concerns will drop him out of the first round, maybe to the 3rd. Speaking of TEs with character concerns who would otherwise be 1st/2nd round talents, anyone take a look at Colt Lyerla? He may drop to the 6-FA rounds but has top talent as a receiving TE and held his own as a blocker in the Oregon system. Very good speed and RAC ability for a TE as well, good hands and body control. If he could get on the straight and narrow, he could be a steal due to his off the field issues.

I think you are confused. He's asking about Fresno State's Marcel Jensen.

He's got zero character concerns. Married with a kid.

Here's a couple snippets on him:

Quote:

Jensen also failed to put up huge numbers, but Fresno didn’t use tight end sets often, preferring more spread formations. He’s a good athlete at 6-foot 5, 270-pounds, and has excellent leaping ability. His blocking skills are strong and he’s got good hands despite not having used them often.

Quote:

Broad-shouldered and athletic, Jensen has the athleticism to really boost his stock if given a fair opportunity during all-star games.

While he doesn't get as many snaps as most NFL prospects, Jensen's ability to control defenders at the line of scrimmage in the running game, as well as his size, athleticism and big mitts in the passing game are very intriguing. Jensen's size and leaping ability also make him a standout on special teams. He has four blocked kicks over his career.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/M...FJIy37flwl.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u9j4v66IwpY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saccopoo 01-19-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10378325)
Aha...the whole "we don't need a tight end because we already drafted Kele" response.

That's like saying we didnt need Eric Berry because we already had Bernard Pollard (who I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back if we feel Berry can help at FS and put Pollard into Berrys role...something he would absolutely excel at.

I'm not saying we don't need a TE. What I'm saying is that we don't need to spend a first round draft pick on one right after Kelce was drafted high.

I'd be happy with Marcel Jensen, or an athletic guy like Utah's Jake Murphy, in the 4/5 area. (And Murphy is a stud. He's a junior who has declared after missing time with an injury this past season, but he was the standout on the Utes offense and is the son of former perennial MLB All-Star Dale Murphy. Kid can play.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bqYTbr7ShgI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

However, with the quality season that they got out of Duck McGrath, who was playing as a rookie after only one season of college ball at Henderson State, a healthy Fasano and Kelce, I just don't see them drafting one high in 2014.

Personally, I could see them bringing in a guy like Ed Dickson in free agency before they spent another high round draft choice on the position.

OldSchool 01-19-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10378332)
I think you are confused. He's asking about Fresno State's Marcel Jensen.

He's got zero character concerns. Married with a kid.>

Ahh, yeah, I thought he just mispelled Jenkins, lol. On Jensen though, he is a BFN= Big for Nothing. With his measurables and athleticism, he should be dominating against the defenses that Fresno State played against. He wouldn't be an upgrade over McGrath or anyone else.

Saccopoo 01-19-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10379218)
Ahh, yeah, I thought he just mispelled Jenkins, lol. On Jensen though, he is a BFN= Big for Nothing. With his measurables and athleticism, he should be dominating against the defenses that Fresno State played against. He wouldn't be an upgrade over McGrath or anyone else.

When they (Fresno State) went to a full spread system utilizing 4 and 5 receiver sets, they basically nullified the tight end position. (It's also why I'd be a little leery of Derek Carr and his numbers/effectiveness this past season.)

When they did use Jensen, it was primarily as an in-line blocker versus a receiving option. (And he's a very good blocker.) However, he is quite athletic for a guy his size and has very good hands. He is as complete a tight end as anybody in this draft.

He's accepted a Senior Bowl invite and he should do well. It will be a good comparison for him on the same practice field as Iowa's C.J. Fiedorowicz.

saphojunkie 01-23-2014 07:10 PM

I'm sorry - was Travis Kelce's knee what caused him to miss the Senior Bowl? Do we actually have a good reason to think he's another Brokeaki? It doesn't appear that he was ever injury prone before this microfracture issue.

saphojunkie 01-23-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10378325)

I don't think there is a single position on this team that we can afford not to draft for depth at.