ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A ton of Kiper tidbits, some involving the Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281374)

htismaqe 02-10-2014 09:56 AM

And yes, I'm agreeing with BlackBob.

I need a ****ing shower.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424327)
Read my post again.

I said we need more impact than a DEFENSIVE END. I then asked which OLB.

Ford and Ealy likely gone before 23, IMO. I think Murphy is going to fall at the combine (as you suggested).

I agree with you that OLB is the most important position on defense. And I don't think there will be one there when we pick. I'm not reaching for a guy like Murphy when there might be 2 or 3 quality WRs or a possible stud pass-catching TE sitting there.

Read my post again. DE is one of the most important positions in the 3-4.

As for Ford and Ealy... we'll see. Kiper talks to as many NFL teams as anyone, and right now they're both low-firsts. That could very well change -- as Murphy could, too. When they do, I probably will as well.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10424340)
Read my post again. DE is one of the most important positions in the 3-4.

As for Ford and Ealy... we'll see. Kiper talks to as many NFL teams as anyone, and right now they're both low-firsts. That could very well change -- as Murphy could, too. When they do, I probably will as well.

DE in our defense is not a premium position. If it were, we wouldn't even be able to get by with Tyson Jackson, let alone go half a season allowing less than 17 points a game.

There's no ****ing way I'm drafting ANOTHER DE in the 1st round in hopes that they'll be able to generate 5 or 6 sacks a year TOPS.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 10:20 AM

It's not about generating sacks. It's about getting push and pushing the QB from his spot. And, of course, shutting down the run, as TJax has done a good job of doing.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10424372)
It's not about generating sacks. It's about getting push and pushing the QB from his spot. And, of course, shutting down the run, as TJax has done a good job of doing.

That's not a position worth yet another 1st round pick.

Might as well take a guard if that's the case.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 10:25 AM

Yes, "yet another." When we've spent 1st rounders at the 5-tech position exactly once since we made the switch, 5 years ago.

Once Tyson Jackson walks, we will have only 1 first round talent on our DL. That's now how Super Bowl defenses are typically built, Seahawks be damned. You don't go with "value" for your DL. You go with elite talent.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10424382)
Yes, "yet another." When we've spent 1st rounders at the 5-tech position exactly once since we made the switch, 5 years ago.

Once Tyson Jackson walks, we will have only 1 first round talent on our DL. That's now how Super Bowl defenses are typically built, Seahawks be damned. You don't go with "value" for your DL. You go with elite talent.

You're assuming Tyson Jackson is going to walk, first of all.

And second, that's not a position that requires a first round pick.

Third, what elite talent? ROFL

Stop bringing up the Seahawks. They're LOADED at every position, and they have playmakers at every level.

This team has precious few playmakers at ANY level. We need playmakers.

The Franchise 02-10-2014 10:28 AM

Brandin Cooks is Steve Smith? Please and thanks.

O.city 02-10-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424388)
You're assuming Tyson Jackson is going to walk, first of all.

And second, that's not a position that requires a first round pick.

Third, what elite talent? ROFL

Stop bringing up the Seahawks. They're LOADED at every position, and they have playmakers at every level.

This team has precious few playmakers at ANY level. We need playmakers.

If a player has potential to be a playmaker at DE in our d, it's worth the pick

O.city 02-10-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10424390)
Brandin Cooks is Steve Smith? Please and thanks.

Yes

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424443)
If a player has potential to be a playmaker at DE in our d, it's worth the pick

If a player IS a playmaker at WR or TE, he's more worth the pick.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:52 AM

Hageman and Tuitt are great prospects. Lots of upside.

But once again, Chiefsplanet has turned them into "elite talent" before they've played a single ****ing down.

O.city 02-10-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424446)
If a player IS a playmaker at WR or TE, he's more worth the pick.

With Alex Smith at qb and the way Andy Reid's offense works, I don't think you have to have premium talent at this positions, but I definitely makes it better to have it.

I think a playmaker on the DL is more valuable than anything other than a playmaker at qb.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424450)
With Alex Smith at qb and the way Andy Reid's offense works, I don't think you have to have premium talent at this positions, but I definitely makes it better to have it.

I think a playmaker on the DL is more valuable than anything other than a playmaker at qb.

A playmaker at TE improves this team more than any other single position other than OLB or FS.

I don't see real top shelf OLB/FS talent at #23 right now.

O.city 02-10-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424448)
Hageman and Tuitt are great prospects. Lots of upside.

But once again, Chiefsplanet has turned them into "elite talent" before they've played a single ****ing down.

The same could be said for any of the wr or te in the draft.

We aren't likely to get an "elite" talent at 23 anyway