ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Cops & Homeless Man (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282546)

-King- 03-24-2014 07:50 PM

That's murder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal 03-24-2014 07:51 PM

Murder.

LoneWolf 03-24-2014 07:53 PM

Suicide by cop. He got exactly what he wanted.

planetdoc 03-24-2014 07:57 PM

thats homicide. If DA wont prosecute, they better send it to a grand jury.

The Franchise 03-24-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10514263)
Suicide by cop. He got exactly what he wanted.

This.

BullJunkandIron 03-24-2014 08:02 PM

Murdering pigs. Raider fans.

WhawhaWhat 03-24-2014 08:09 PM

I like how they use the non-lethal force after they already killed him... by shooting him in the back.

TLO 03-24-2014 08:21 PM

Looks pulled a knife out after the flash bang went off. If the guy was mentally ill, (which was pretty evident just by watching the short video), why wasn't he being helped so something like this never had an opportunity to present itself? No mental health budget I guess.

I think the officers plan failed. They probably expected him to go down when the flash bang went off. When he panicked and grabbed his knife, the officers panicked and put him down. Should have tazed him or shot him with bean bags as soon as the flash bang went.

Fishpicker 03-24-2014 08:32 PM

the homeless man had two knives in his hands. the officer that attacked him first had 42 knives in his mouth.

too close to call for me.

my only judgement is that the cop with the go pro camera is a ****ing moron. he was was firing auto bursts right over another cops shoulder WHILE they were moving forward toward the perp. the moron cop got lucky that the canine handler pulled his dog back just before the gunfire

someone shouted booyah to celebrate the gunfight. that doesn't look good for the cops

Jimmya 03-24-2014 08:46 PM

I think bean bags and a taser would have got it done!

Jimmya 03-24-2014 08:49 PM

I think what's also crazy is that they showed the whole press conference with the unedited video on the nightly news.

Rasputin 03-24-2014 08:57 PM

I think it should go to a jury trial. I don't know if the man has any family but maybe they could get a wrongful death case against the police department?

So much the cops could have done different even offer the guy food and a place to stay? I think they could have had a female reason with the guy and not be honcho Mr. Tough Cop. They handled this very poorly & should be held accountable.

GloucesterChief 03-24-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10514370)
I think what's also crazy is that they showed the whole press conference with the unedited video on the nightly news.

Well apparently the cops can beat a homeless man to death on videotape and not get convicted, so shooting shouldn't be a problem right?

Police departments as a whole have a very good track record of getting away with murder.

Rasputin 03-24-2014 09:09 PM

Why didn't they just use the damn cop dog to unarm the homeless guy with knives? THAT is the job of a K9 cop dog. That dog could have solved all this from 3 hours of bull shit talk that went no where. The dog would have been a hero and the dude would have lived.

crazycoffey 03-24-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10514396)
Why didn't they just use the damn cop dog to unarm the homeless guy with knives? THAT is the job of a K9 cop dog. That dog could have solved all this from 3 hours of bull shit talk that went no where. The dog would have been a hero and the dude would have lived.

Wut?

K9s are very costly, and trained to grab/bite an arm, they can still be stabbed with the other arm....