ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rap Sheet: Talks With Alex Smith Not Progressing Well (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283410)

rico 05-05-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10602996)
they traded 2 seconds for a guy they don't want to pay like a top QB

genious

Maybe they were just THAT desperate to stop the bleeding from the Cassel era, put butts back in the seats and rejuvenate the fan base for a couple years...and the years following with a long-awaited 1st round, long-term, home-grown QB...

RealSNR 05-05-2014 10:37 AM

Really, given the option of replacing Alex after two seasons in KC and just extending him to a fair deal that doesn't break the bank, I'd like to see us extend him.

But if that mother****er wants to get overpaid, he can eat a bowl of cum and make sad puppy faces.

He's now on the north side of 30, and he's had a few concussions and a few other surgeries. Plus it's not like he... oh you know... won us a playoff game or anything.

We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shit**** other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go **** himself. I hope he leaves.

Mr. Laz 05-05-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 10603003)
Maybe they were just THAT desperate to stop the bleeding from the Cassel era, put butts back in the seats and rejuvenate the fan base for a couple years...and the years following with a long-awaited 1st round, long-term, home-grown QB...

seems like it

Clark Hunt told Reid and Dorsey that they could build the team as they wanted but that they must win last year.

now we are rebuilding

Dragonocho 05-05-2014 10:42 AM

Damn and the Browns locked up Tyler Thigpen already.

The Franchise 05-05-2014 10:43 AM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 7m

#Chiefs only have 1 pick in Top 85. My bet is they'll use that on an immediate starter rather than a QB, but *threatening* QB can't hurt.

The Franchise 05-05-2014 10:44 AM

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 12m

The Alex Smith report reeks of #Chiefs trying to send that player's camp a message.

In58men 05-05-2014 10:45 AM

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!

hometeam 05-05-2014 10:47 AM

Its because he wants to get paid like a top QB. And chiefs want to pay him like he is who they thought he was. A middle of a road guy who has to have highly paid, highly skilled players around him to make shit happen. If we give him Jay Cutler money (aka stupid money) then we are ****ed on money even harder so there is no point. He (his agent) will have to be reasonable :/

Mr. Laz 05-05-2014 10:48 AM

If negotiations are going really bad we might grab a QB in the 1st.

Draft a QB, trade Smith?

Sure-Oz 05-05-2014 10:48 AM

@ChrisHansenNFL: #Chiefs plan at QB could look a lot like the #49ers plan when they had Smith.

In58men 05-05-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10603020)
Its because he wants to get paid like a top QB. And chiefs want to pay him like he is who they thought he was. A middle of a road guy who has to have highly paid, highly skilled players around him to make shit happen. If we give him Jay Cutler money (aka stupid money) then we are ****ed on money even harder so there is no point. He (his agent) will have to be reasonable :/

Dorsey is probably looking at last seasons schedule and all the injured QB's we played against and said "does he deserve a big contract, lets wait".

Way to go Dorsey.

rico 05-05-2014 10:49 AM

If they go 1st round QB, I bet it's Murray or Carr....considering the availability of both.

Hammock Parties 05-05-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10603004)

We got him out of that shithole in San Francisco and paired him up with a QB's dream coach. He owes US; we don't owe him shit**** other than a fair extension that doesn't break the bank for us.

If it's going to come down to an ugly standoff, then I sincerely invite him to go **** himself. I hope he leaves.

http://i.imgur.com/n220KMl.jpg

Mother****erJones 05-05-2014 10:51 AM

Draft one if there's the right QB at 23

In58men 05-05-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10603004)
Really, given the option of replacing Alex after two seasons in KC and just extending him to a fair deal that doesn't break the bank, I'd like to see us extend him.

But if that mother****er wants to get overpaid, he can eat a bowl of cum and make sad puppy faces.

He's now on the north side of 30, and he's had a few concussions and a few other surgeries. Plus it's not like he... oh you know... won us a playoff game or anything.

Well you know I am going to agree with this.