ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Intriguing training camp battles that are becoming evident (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283619)

kc79 05-11-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10623097)
Would they go with 5 RB's?

- Charles
- Davis (likely to be PUP'd to start the year)
- Thomas
- McKnight
- Sherman

Thought Reid said Davis was fine. Ready for OTA's

htismaqe 05-11-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10623109)
Maybe, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see him on either PUP or IR. Redshirt him his freshman year, as it were.

If they do that, he can't practice. That would be a BIG problem, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10623132)

This.

Which is why I hope they ditch Chase and start getting these two some snaps.

Titty Meat 05-11-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

He might not be able to practice anywhere since he tore his acl why rush him back?

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10623141)
He might not be able to practice anywhere since he tore his acl why rush him back?

Every report I've read says he'll be able to take part in the upcoming practices.

Bowser 05-11-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc79 (Post 10623131)
Thought Reid said Davis was fine. Ready for OTA's

Wow, if true. That's a hell of a quick recovery, and I'm good with that!

Quote:

I hadn't considered that. No on-field stuff at all? Yeah, that wouldn't be optimal, even if he still does the classroom work.

- Alex

- Bray

- Murray

Daniel is odd man out due to the money he'd get if he stayed.

htismaqe 05-11-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10623141)

Well, if he's injured enough that he can't practice at all, that kind of puts a damn damper on the pick, doesn't it?

If they put him on PUP he is allowed to watch film and attend team meetings but is not allowed to be on the practice field at all, not even to observe.

People were pinning their hopes on him possibly being a starter in 2015. If he goes on PUP this summer, there is ZERO chance that happens.

Titty Meat 05-11-2014 11:40 AM

If Bray is the backup my 6-10 prediction wont be accurate but atleast they will have a really nice draft pick next year.

The Franchise 05-11-2014 11:45 AM

Murray said after he got picked that his doctors green lighted him and he should be ready to go by TC.

Cut or trade Daniel and roll with Bray and Murray as backups. Bray either shows that he does or doesn't have it.

Ceej 05-11-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10623159)
If Bray is the backup my 6-10 prediction wont be accurate but atleast they will have a really nice draft pick next year.

To shore up the OL. :thumb:

htismaqe 05-11-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Hog (Post 10623159)

Yeah, I can't believe I never even thought of that.

The biggest reason to be excited about Murray, IMO, is that he could potentially replace Daniel right now and save us some money.

If he goes on PUP, that also becomes impossible. He's essentially a 2015 draft pick at the point.

Titty Meat 05-11-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10623158)
Well, if he's injured enough that he can't practice at all, that kind of puts a damn damper on the pick, doesn't it?

If they put him on PUP he is allowed to watch film and attend team meetings but is not allowed to be on the practice field at all, not even to observe.

People were pinning their hopes on him possibly being a starter in 2015. If he goes on PUP this summer, there is ZERO chance that happens.

No it doesnt he was a 2-3 round pick if healthy.

LOL he wont be the starter in 2015. I forgot this place thinks every late round pick could be an all pro.

splatbass 05-11-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 10623075)
We're not winning anything of importance this year if Alex Smith is healthy or falls to injury.

Chase and his $3.5M clipboard holding ass needs to go, and give that time to try to develop one of these longshots into something - since we're never going to take a QB high in the draft.

Who the **** buys a lottery ticket and then never bothers to scratch it?

In Bray's case we didn't buy a lottery ticket, we found it on the ground for free. And apparently they have scratched off enough to know that he is really slow learning the offense. They will have enough information about him after preseason to know if they want to keep him or give up on him. It will cost them nothing to let him go.

OldSchool 05-11-2014 12:06 PM

You guys are going to be awfully upset when the Chiefs don't cut Daniels but instead end up cutting either Bray or Murray.

OnTheWarpath15 05-11-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10623220)
You guys are going to be awfully upset when the Chiefs don't cut Daniels but instead end up cutting either Bray or Murray.

Not really, because it's exactly what I expect them to do.