ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dorsey: "8-10 legitimate trade discussions" during the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283658)

keg in kc 05-13-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 10627550)
With as few picks as we had, I can't imagine us trying to move up.

Yeah, that was my expectation as well. It's hard to wheel and deal with 6 picks. And if you sacrifice 2015 picks, you just put yourself behind the 8-ball then.

I think if we're ever active on draft day, it'll be next year, with the likelihood of at least 3 comp picks (which obviously they can't trade, but they may make them feel like they have more freedom to move the ones they can). Not to mention the possibility of trading away players between now and then.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10627553)
My response wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at the people claiming that it was some bullshit answer to make the fans happy.

I know, I was adding to what you said.

The Franchise 05-13-2014 12:55 PM

The Saints traded a 3rd to move up from 27 to 20 to draft Brandin Cooks. I'm sure they knew they had to leap frog both us and the Eagles for a shot at him.

The Browns gave up a 3rd to move up from 26 to 22. They knew they had to get ahead of us to draft Manziel.

The Vikings only gave up a 4th to move up from 40 to 32.

Mother****erJones 05-13-2014 12:59 PM

Blah blah blah. Woulda coulda shoulda.

DaWolf 05-13-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10627468)
I'll double check the podcast later to make sure I heard the numbers right, but it was a brief answer during the final four of an interview with Petro on 810 a few minutes ago. He added that they were extremely active on the phones this year.

Just thought I'd mention it, since there's been some recent concern voiced about how active the team was(n't) moving draft picks around this weekend.

All comes down to opportunity. Reading Peter King's article today, if Cleveland hadn't sweetened the pot to Philly and if the mystery team had swooped in there (I'm guessing said team was Atlanta trying to trade ahead of us for Ford) then we would have been able to trade down with Cleveland...

keg in kc 05-13-2014 01:03 PM

I expect I'm the minority on this, but if Ford was a/the guy they had targeted, and they think he's going to be a special talent, then I think they were right to take him.

Sometimes you just have to trust your scouting...

The Franchise 05-13-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10627582)
All comes down to opportunity. Reading Peter King's article today, if Cleveland hadn't sweetened the pot to Philly and if the mystery team had swooped in there (I'm guessing said team was Atlanta trying to trade ahead of us for Ford) then we would have been able to trade down with Cleveland...

And I seriously doubt they would have passed on Manziel....unless the Browns were going to blow us out of the water with an offer.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10627582)

Yeah, we talk about it like it's the easiest thing in the world to move, but the reality is that there's a lot of facets involved that are completely outside our control.

And I in no way, shape or form think the Chiefs should have moved up for anyone. Down was the only direction to go. Once Manziel was gone, that was over.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10627589)
And I seriously doubt they would have passed on Manziel....unless the Browns were going to blow us out of the water with an offer.

I can't make up my mind on that. I still have a gut feeling that they would've traded out if at all possible. If no legitimate offers, do they take him? Maybe.

Easy 6 05-13-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10627570)
Yeah, that was my expectation as well. It's hard to wheel and deal with 6 picks. And if you sacrifice 2015 picks, you just put yourself behind the 8-ball then.

I think if we're ever active on draft day, it'll be next year, with the likelihood of at least 3 comp picks (which obviously they can't trade, but they may make them feel like they have more freedom to move the ones they can). Not to mention the possibility of trading away players between now and then.

Great take, we'll definitely have more room to wheel and deal next year.

It didn't seem like there was all that much jockeying around by anyone this year anyway.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-13-2014 02:56 PM

This is making me sick to my stomach. ****ing Cleveland Browns !!!!!

nychief 05-13-2014 02:58 PM

I can't believe these morons didn't make a trade just to make a trade.

KC_Lee 05-13-2014 03:18 PM

So he said 8 to 10 trades on 810?? Perhaps he just pulled that number out of his ass and used the station number?

Marcellus 05-13-2014 03:29 PM

LMAO at all the big swingin dick GM's on this board.

RealSNR 05-13-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 10627924)
I can't believe these morons didn't make a trade just to make a trade.

Their standards were too high.

This team needed more picks. They picked up some really good players with the ones they had. It sucks that they didn't try to get more