ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late Afternoon Bullshit: Analyzing the first 5 games (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283768)

Chief Roundup 05-18-2014 05:57 PM

1-4 is the most likely. Tennessee at our house should be very winnable. Our record in Florida is ridiculously bad.
I can't believe some of you guys talking like we would beat NE at our house. We have a chance but it is very small.
How did we do last season versus winning/playoff teams? We basically have stood pat this off season while NE has added more players trying to get over the hump. We will be lucky if it is not a blow out.

Ragged Robin 05-18-2014 05:57 PM

5-0

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-18-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10637329)
1-4 is the most likely. Tennessee at our house should be very winnable. Our record in Florida is ridiculously bad.
I can't believe some of you guys talking like we would beat NE at our house. We have a chance but it is very small.
How did we do last season versus winning/playoff teams? We basically have stood pat this off season while NE has added more players trying to get over the hump. We will be lucky if it is not a blow out.

when you have 9 probowlers on your roster there's no reason to be bringing in a bunch of Fre agents. We will be better this year. No reason to panic.

J Diddy 05-18-2014 06:26 PM

Heh

you said anal

TEX 05-18-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10636838)
TEN
@DEN
@MIA
NE
@SF

Shit, that is gonna be brutal. Here's what we're facing:

-3 teams in the Championship game for their conference.
-Only 1 team had a losing season at 7-9. And they got better.
-Combined overall record of 52-28.

Again, brutal.

We will definitely know early this year if we can compete for the playoffs or if we're not going to make the cut.
I think the most likely scenario for us is 2-3. I think it would be fair to say that TEN is a very winnable game. I think it's also fair to say that @DEN and @SF are very losable games.
IMO the key is Miami. I think the Patriots will have a much harder time since it's primetime at Arrowhead. I think it's winnable for us. They are a good team though, but we do play great football on that stage at home, as history has shown for the most part.
We win against Miami, get a win at home vs New England and end up 3-2 I'll be ecstatic. I'm not counting on that happening, as 2-3 seems more likely right now, but I do like it that we're coming out with our backs against the wall early. Set the tone and win and that will put some confidence into the season.

Thoughts? Should be interesting to see how people feel about the start to the season.

I totally agree.

TEX 05-18-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10637379)
when you have 9 probowlers on your roster there's no reason to be bringing in a bunch of Fre agents. We will be better this year. No reason to panic.

Really? Remember '04? How did that turn out?

Coogs 05-18-2014 08:08 PM

I liked the focus we had to open the season last year. Everything was centered on winning in Jacksonville. I suspect it will be the same this year with everything geared towards beating the Titans at home.

If that happens, the game in Denver could be the game that tells the tale for our season. Even though we were 9-0 going in there last season, with a great pass rush intact, Manning rendered it useless by throwing the ball quickly. Our pass rush went down hill from that game forward.

It will be interesting to see how we counter Manning's quick throws. Maybe dropping an unexpected defender into a crossing pattern type of thing. And, if a fresh front seven can apply pressure... if we can make him hold onto it for another second.

If we can have success in Denver, then this could be quite a first five weeks... And even quite a season. But if Manning carves us up like he did in game 10 last season, then it could get ugly early.

Dunerdr 05-19-2014 04:18 AM

No one sees the San Fran game as winnable? I kind of do. If you take one read Kaep out, it's an aging frank gore vs our d. Special teams will make or break it.

Three7s 05-19-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10637329)

Because people still think this matters.

Hoover 05-19-2014 06:36 AM

0-5 we suck

Love CP

Rausch 05-19-2014 07:15 AM

I see a 2-3 start...

Sandy Vagina 05-19-2014 07:35 AM

These players.. many of which are coming out of the gates in year 2 of the O + D schemes... no reason to chalk any of the games as losses. Just no telling...

Mr. Arrowhead 05-19-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10637220)
Dee Ford will sack Peyton Manning 6 times ,cause 3 fumbles and crack his friggin neck.

The rest of the season will be a cake walk !

If he did that, then we can go ahead and put him into the ring of honor immediately

Mr. Arrowhead 05-19-2014 08:34 AM

Alex will either play the game of his life against SF or the worst game of his life

ChiTown 05-19-2014 08:34 AM

I'm gonna say we start off 2-3

Wins against TENN and @MIA