ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Staind National Anthem (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287869)

srvy 10-27-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 11060818)
Who gives a shit? He botched one line, big ****ing deal. I love how imperfect people expect everyone else to be perfect, especially in extreme pressure situations.

What people should be complaining about is how shitty his voice is and his gay neck tat.

Well he gave a shit when he ripped Christine Aguilara for Botching it during a Superbowl. Seriously its your business be a professional. Do it right and study up or turn down the gig. I always hear its so difficult to sing. Well I'm not a singer but I can recite it word for word as I have herd it so often.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 10-27-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11060779)
You think the National anthem is dumb ?????????????????

Yes

Prison Bitch 10-27-2014 07:49 PM

I thought Santana's national anthem was freaking great. But I don't hate America like Jay Cosmo does.

MTG#10 10-27-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11060835)
Well he gave a shit when he ripped Christine Aguilara for Botching it during a Superbowl. Seriously its your business be a professional. Do it right and study up or turn down the gig. I always hear its so difficult to sing. Well I'm not a singer but I can recite it word for word as I have herd it so often.

Im sure the guy knew the words. But singing it a cappella in front of 40k+ fans and millions more on tv might be a little intimidating. Pressure makes people screw up all the time, the guy is human.

And he didnt rip Christina Aguilara for botching a line...she purposely changed the words.

Deberg_1990 10-27-2014 07:52 PM

Aaron doesnt even touch Carl Lewis's classic rendition

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HJLvCM4j2mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TimeForWasp 10-27-2014 07:52 PM

I actually think we need a new national anthem.

Reerun_KC 10-27-2014 07:53 PM

I see that Islam and Muslims are taking over CP....

TimeForWasp 10-27-2014 07:57 PM

"The Star-Spangled Banner" is the national anthem of the United States. The lyrics come from "Defence of Fort M'Henry",[1] a poem written in 1814 by the 35-year-old lawyer and amateur poet Francis Scott Key after witnessing the bombardment of Fort McHenry by British ships of the Royal Navy in the Chesapeake Bay during the Battle of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812.

The poem was set to the tune of a popular British song written by John Stafford Smith for the Anacreontic Society, a men's social club in London. "The Anacreontic Song" (or "To Anacreon in Heaven"), with various lyrics, was already popular in the United States. Set to Key's poem and renamed "The Star-Spangled Banner", it would soon become a well-known American patriotic song. With a range of one octave and one fifth (a semitone more than an octave and a half), it is known for being difficult to sing. Although the poem has four stanzas, only the first is commonly sung today.

"The Star-Spangled Banner" was recognized for official use by the Navy in 1889, and by President Woodrow Wilson in 1916, and was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution on March 3, 1931 (46 Stat. 1508, codified at 36 U.S.C. § 301), which was signed by President Herbert Hoover.

Before 1931, other songs served as the hymns of American officialdom. "Hail, Columbia" served this purpose at official functions for most of the 19th century. "My Country, 'Tis of Thee", whose melody is identical to "God Save the Queen", the British national anthem,[2] also served as a de facto anthem.[3] Following the War of 1812 and subsequent American wars, other songs emerged to compete for popularity at public events, among them "The Star-Spangled Banner".

It's too old. We need a new one.

stevieray 10-27-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11060878)

It's too old. We need a new one.

do you know all the lyrics, or just the first verse?

cosmo20002 10-27-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11060821)
Have no idea but I also dont have a problem with it. None the less if you accept the responsibility to sing it study a little or have the lyrics in front of you. Maybe Obama can loan him his teleprompter he doesnt dare use it for fear of ruining Dems chances and sinking his poll #'s further.

I don't "have a problem" with it. It's been done as long as I remember and I know it isn't going anywhere. But the God Bless America thing is relatively new and should DIAAF.

Yeah, he shouldn't have made a mistake, but WTF are we to do? Have a national panic and hang him from a tree?

And, keep the stupid DC shit in DC, especially when it is as stupid as the comment you just made.

cosmo20002 10-27-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11060738)
Aaron Lewis lead singer for band Staind blows Star Spangled Banner at game 5 of World Series. Though he apologized profusely he did completely rip Christine Aguilara for botching Super Bowl National Anthem. Paybacks is a bitch.
You would think these supposed professionals might study a bit after accepting this honor instead of just winging it before 40,000 +. I bet old neck tattoo would be pissed if the artist misspelled whatever that thing on his neck means.

I'm outraged that this guy that I don't give a shit about made a small mistake!

TimeForWasp 10-27-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11060888)
do you know all the lyrics, or just the first verse?

To be honest, I would probably **** it up. Lost interest in it.. Doesn't mean I'm not patriotic, just tired of it. Someone could come up with a much better anthem.

cosmo20002 10-27-2014 08:11 PM

For as long as I live, the 2014 World Series will live on in my memory as the one where that guy I don't give a shit about made a mistake singing a song.
He ruined the World Series, and really, baseball.
Baseball should just be cancelled now. It has been forever tainted.

Fairplay 10-27-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 11060852)
I thought Santana's national anthem was freaking great. But I don't hate America like Jay Cosmo does.

If you're a liberal then you just hate on America all the time its what they do PB.

stevieray 10-27-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11060910)
To be honest, I would probably **** it up. Lost interest in it.. Doesn't mean I'm not patriotic, just tired of it. Someone could come up with a much better anthem.

No, I meant have you ever read the lyrics to the whole song?

sorry for the confusion.