ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would You Welcome the Chiefs Leaving to Rid Yourself of the Hunts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289107)

007 12-12-2014 06:38 PM

doesn't matter. The only expansion the NFL will look at is overseas. If the Chiefs were to move to LA there would be no more football here.

The Franchise 12-12-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11187760)
I always have and always will steadfastly maintain that talk of Clark "not wanting to win" is straight garbage... the guy has done nothing but go after the so called ELITE of what was currently available to run his team since the day he took over, sparing NO expense to bring them aboard.

He's not a GM.
He's not a Head Coach.

He understands that, as opposed to guys like Jerruh and Snyder and I DO appreciate that... the Hunt legacys problem, to include Clark, is being a hands off loyalist to a fault, not being enough of a hardass whose foot feels all warm and comfy in his underlings asses.

You don't think he had any hand in the "trade for Alex Smith and put butts back in the seats" shit that we're going through right now?

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2014 06:38 PM

For those of us with no real ties to KC, I don't think it's a deal breaker. Everyone else I expect it would be.

TimBone 12-12-2014 06:39 PM

I believe that Clark has really tried since he took over.

The Franchise 12-12-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11187766)
For those of us with no real ties to KC, I don't think it's a deal breaker. Everyone else I expect it would be.

If the Chiefs moved to LA....it would just enable me to go more home games than I currently do right now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-12-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11187756)
You honestly think, if the Hunts left for LA, the new owner would get a new stadium? LMAO

Look brah, 5 million Max Von Sydow's chanting in unison couldn't exercise that flop-house.

If new owner is smart, he'd build elsewhere.

cdcox 12-12-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11187762)
Fine but Clark has not been his Dad and being loyal to a fault though he is getting the blame for his Dad's faults.

Its a bit early into the Clark tenure to say he is his dad.

He said in 2007 that it was time for the Chiefs to draft and develop their own QB. Then he hired to regimes that did just the opposite. His own faults are enough.

Marcellus 12-12-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11187761)
Jerry Jones has a lot of money. Money and throwing it around like a Jamaican sailor in Dutch port isn't the issue. It's the choices you make with that money.

And if you don't live, eat, sleep, and breathe this league, if you aren't gifted with a bit of inventiveness and vision, all of the oil money on earth isn't going to do a damned thing for you.

So Reid and Dorsey were just throwing money to the wind or trying to build a contender?

KCrockaholic 12-12-2014 06:42 PM

There's nothing wrong with the Hunt family or Clark Hunt himself. He's proven to us that he cares. He went out and paid Andy Reid. A man he expected to do great things and was a proven head coach. The Hunt family is not the problem. Clark has proven that.

007 12-12-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 11187771)
He said in 2007 that it was time for the Chiefs to draft and develop their own QB. Then he hired to regimes that did just the opposite. His own faults are enough.

I was just about to post the same thing.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-12-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11187768)
If the Chiefs moved to LA....it would just enable me to go more home games than I currently do right now.

My wife wants to move to Socal so bad on the water that I'd end up selling timeshare in Palm Springs. Horrible ****ing life I'm sure...

KCrockaholic 12-12-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Two. Two. 2.

stonedstooge 12-12-2014 06:43 PM

Been a Chiefs fan since their formation back in the 60's. Had season tickets for 6 years, have always followed them and not missed many games over those decades. With the direction the NFL is headed and the sour taste still in my mouth from the Pioli years, I could give a rat's ass if they move, or if the NFL would end up shutting down (which I think will happen, just not in my lifetime).

Marcellus 12-12-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

2007 he inherited what was here. He is on his 2nd GM and they are in year 2.

The Franchise 12-12-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11187779)
My wife wants to move to Socal so bad on the water that I'd end up selling timeshare in Palm Springs. Horrible ****ing life I'm sure...

Just think about that cost of living increase. JFC.