ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A few things to clear up. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291606)

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2015 08:20 AM

If this offense needs Roaf and Shields to commence a passing game, you might as well just cash it in today.

Marcellus 03-29-2015 08:22 AM

Because there is no medium ground between a turnstile and Roaf and Shields, its simply one or the other.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11408955)
Because there is no medium ground between a turnstile and Roaf and Shields, its simply one or the other.

Hey, I didn't draft the mother****ers...

Hoover 03-29-2015 08:43 AM

Good post.

This is one of the more promising rosters the Chiefs have had pre-draft in years. I feel much better going into the season as the team currently stands than any other time in the past decade. As already mentioned, if you are concerned about the offense, the best way to address it is to improve oline play.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-29-2015 09:01 AM

I agree with what Milkman said, If we can just get Smith better protection and give him just another nano second he will be a better quarterback. Between Kelce, Maclin and Avant there should always be an open receiver , he just needs time to find one.

Three7s 03-29-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11408950)
If this offense needs Roaf and Shields to commence a passing game, you might as well just cash it in today.

We need them because Alex Smith is too limited. Unless our OL plays out of its mind this year, it'll be the same old thing.

Mr. Laz 03-29-2015 10:37 AM

who is our center?

nobody remotely proven

who is our #2 cornerback?

a 2nd year guy who really should stay in the slot?

RG?
RT?
#2 WR?

Eric Berry ... probably not
DJ ... who knows
Houston hold out?
Hali falls off the old age cliff?

Those are just the obvious issues we have.

No team with this many questions can be considered "a really, really good team"

maybe things work out and they are but you can't ASSUME they will be

ThaVirus 03-29-2015 10:43 AM

I'm far from a Debbie a Downer but our defense was #2 in scoring last season with a bunch of overachieving slapsticks. It's a bit unrealistic to expect them to repeat that kind of success. I'd consider it a win if we were able to maintain top 10 status in points allowed, honestly.

The offense needs to do better to compensate.

DaFace 03-29-2015 10:49 AM

There is no room for rational discussion on ChiefsPlanet, sorry.

milkman 03-29-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11409108)
There is no room for rational discussion on ChiefsPlanet, sorry.

Dumbass.

:p

Meatloaf 03-29-2015 11:38 AM

Nice post, D.

Hopefully, with some management prodding.....and a couple of good WRs.....and an improved OL (albeit modestly)......Alex can be coaxed into tossing the rock just a bit further down the field.

Surely, everyone associated with the Chiefs understands that we need to push the envelope a bit more than we did last year. I have faith in Dorsey, Reid, Alex, etc to be smart enough to be able to address and overcome this deficiency. BUT, time will tell....

Hammock Parties 03-29-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11408806)
The Chiefs are a really, really good team

LMAO

Direckshun's yearly Chiefs affirmation has arrived.

"We're good enough, we're smart enough, and doggone it, we can win with a game manager!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...rt_Smalley.jpg

Direckshun 03-29-2015 11:43 AM

LMAO

Hammock Parties 03-29-2015 11:43 AM

It's a complete logical fallacy to introduce some "toughest schedule" bullshit to your reasoning.

They lost to the Titans, Raiders and Cardinals.

But then again your post put some kind of stock into players like Stephenson and Allen (LOLOLOLOLROFL).

You are truly delusional. The Chiefs will need a gigantic stroke of luck just to get into the playoffs, and are certainly not a contender for the AFC West.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 11409073)
We need them because Alex Smith is too limited. Unless our OL plays out of its mind this year, it'll be the same old thing.

People DO realize that the grandpa super-line was an anomaly that will never be seen again much less in KC, yes?