ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox Game Thread (4/24) *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292095)

Mr. Laz 04-24-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11456471)
I share the frustration, but I don't think it's that dire. I think it comes down to one player who is gonna have to turn the other cheek and refuse to be baited/trolled. If Ace can be Mr. Chill, everything else will fall in line. This is not a team of hotheads.

we hit their guy in the forearm ... barely

They hit our guy in the face

I would tend to be pissed too.

We've been hit like 16 times(?) in 16 games.

Just take a second and think about that. We have a better "hit batter average" than many players have batting average.

tk13 04-24-2015 09:54 AM

I wonder if they'll just issue warnings to both teams before the game and be done with it.

Mr. Laz 04-24-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11456501)
I wonder if they'll just issue warnings to both teams before the game and be done with it.

fine with me

nobody gets hit on either side

sounds good

but that won't happen

It will be ...

Chicago will hit a Royal AND THEN the warning so again the Royals get hit with no retaliation without ejection

or

The Royals will hit someone and get ejected immediately, no warning at all

Great Expectations 04-24-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11456504)
fine with me

sounds good

but that won't happen

It will be ...

Chicago will hit a Royal AND THEN the warning so again the Royals get hit with no retaliation without ejection

or

The Royals with hit someone and get ejected immediately, no warning at all

Unfortunately I think this is probably right. After the extra inning game yesterday a pregame warning might work today, but it will carry over to the next game with the Sox. I think we've squashed it. We probably have to turn our tail one time.

beer bacon 04-24-2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 11456471)
I share the frustration, but I don't think it's that dire. I think it comes down to one player who is gonna have to turn the other cheek and refuse to be baited/trolled. If Ace can be Mr. Chill, everything else will fall in line. This is not a team of hotheads.

So like when Moose got hit in the face and took first like a pro?

beer bacon 04-24-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11456504)
fine with me

sounds good

but that won't happen

It will be ...

or

The Royals with hit someone and get ejected immediately, no warning at all

Or there is a pregame warning. The Sox bean Cain in the first anyways. We get multiple players/coaches ejected, but the pitcher that hit our guy stays in the game.

Iowanian 04-24-2015 10:24 AM

I haven't been able to watch much so far this year, because the games haven't been on in Iowania.....but the truth is, I kind of like the team pissed off and feeling like everyone is out to get them. I can't think of a better way to keep them focused and not getting too big of heads based on last years success.

wazu 04-24-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 11456517)
So like when Moose got hit in the face and took first like a pro?

Yes.

alnorth 04-24-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11456540)
I haven't been able to watch much so far this year, because the games haven't been on in Iowania.....but the truth is, I kind of like the team pissed off and feeling like everyone is out to get them. I can't think of a better way to keep them focused and not getting too big of heads based on last years success.

If you have Mediacom, I think they are on somewhere. They are definitely on in DSM. You have to flip through all the regional FSN channels because the TV listings are sometimes incorrectly saying that they are showing a different game.

cmh6476 04-24-2015 10:41 AM

Let's kick some ass :rockon:

Halfcan 04-24-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11456540)

It really seems like teams Are out to hurt them. I don't remember seeing anything like this before-except maybe in the late 70's-but that was against the Yankees-not the entire MLB.

tk13 04-24-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 11456522)
Or there is a pregame warning. The Sox bean Cain in the first anyways. We get multiple players/coaches ejected, but the pitcher that hit our guy stays in the game.

That would probably be the one advantage to a pregame warning. If they hit a Royal, the pitcher will be tossed pretty much no matter what. If they don't issue a warning they can hit us first and then get the warning.

That's the drawback to a pregame warning, it can scare pitchers from going inside because if they hit somebody they're probably getting tossed no matter what.

kcfanXIII 04-24-2015 11:20 AM

They liked us as a doormat.
They liked us as a cinderella.
They hate as defending league champs.

Mr. Laz 04-24-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 11456577)
It really seems like teams Are out to hurt them. I don't remember seeing anything like this before-except maybe in the late 70's-but that was against the Yankees-not the entire MLB.

I haven't every seen anything like this except maybe the Royals/Yankees in the 70's/80's.

Even then it was just 2 teams, this is several.

PunkinDrublic 04-24-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11456457)
i've pretty much concluded that the Royals are going to be considered 'Wrong' no matter what happens.

1. other team hits our batter first

Royals shouldn't retaliate because it's just baseball

2. Royals hit their batter first

Other team is free to retaliate because it's just baseball

If the Royals get spiked,hit,talked shit to,shot with a handgun ... just take it because that's baseball.

even some of our own fans will rationalize it so that the Royals are in a no-win situation

I'm not sure the Royals can survive an entire season with this kind of abuse. By the end of the year they are going to be so beat up that they won't have much left.

Harold Reynolds made a good point last night. He said a lot of public opinion has turned against Yordano Ventura because he talked shit to league golden boy Mike Trout.