ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Albert Haynesworth's Letter to His Younger Self (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293267)

TimBone 07-06-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11583395)
Neither did I, but if what he said about Gurode's cut and comment afterwards are accurate, then it provides at least a very SMALL explanation for the ridiculous head stomp. Not justification, but explanation. So still guilty as charged, but at least I understand WHY he did it because it seemed so completely unjustified and out of nowhere.

I also like that he is working now, restoring houses and the like. Presumably as part of a business and for profit, not as a charity, but at least in retirement he doesn't seem to be the lazy slug he seemed to be on the field so many times.

But we'll see. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in jail within a few years on a domestic battery or something. I always thought of him as a worthless POS human being. Now I'm questioning that assessment. Maybe he's just a jerk. :D

And to think, I thought you only believed loads of bullshit that originated in Foxboro.

Hootie 07-06-2015 02:47 PM

yeah that was just a long letter of excuses

didn't care then, don't care now

Easy 6 07-06-2015 04:23 PM

Al, you could've "flipped the switch" and been an animal without being cheap about it, plenty of other guys did it/do it... don't worry though, your spirit lives on in a boy named Suh.

Rain Man 07-06-2015 04:41 PM

My letter to my 14 year-old self:

Dear 14 year-old Rain Man,

In about two years, an opportunity will present itself with an attractive Dairy Queen coworker behind the cooler on a slow night. Take it. And in about three years, an opportunity will present itself while giving saxophone lessons to a flute player in her bedroom. Take it. And in about four years, an opportunity will present itself with a date parked on a country road. Take it.

And in about seven years, an opportunity will present itself in the college library. Do not take that one.

Oh, and don't go into aerospace engineering. Become a computer video game designer and start your own company.

Sincerely,

Older and Wiser Rain Man from the future

Easy 6 07-06-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11583639)

In about two years, an opportunity will present itself with an attractive Dairy Queen coworker behind the cooler on a slow night. Take it. And in about three years, an opportunity will present itself while giving saxophone lessons to a flute player in her bedroom. Take it. And in about four years, an opportunity will present itself with a date parked on a country road. Take it.

And in about seven years, an opportunity will present itself in the college library. Do not take that one.

Oh, and don't go into aerospace engineering. Become a computer video game designer and start your own company.

Sincerely,

Aerospace engineering?

Never would've guessed that, I suppose because you've never once offered the slightest clue as to what field you're in... whats your best idea to date, whats the latest advancement you admire the most?

Tribal Warfare 07-06-2015 05:36 PM

I guess he just saw the new Terminator and is trying to figure out how to build a time machine.

Demonpenz 07-06-2015 08:36 PM

dear younger demonpenz. Don't get on chiefsplanet..ever/

Deberg_1990 07-06-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11584079)
dear younger demonpenz. Don't get on chiefsplanet..ever/

Lets just build a terminator and send it back in time to kill Austinchief in 1999

suzzer99 07-06-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11583639)

Sincerely,

When I was about 11 years old in 1980 I flew by myself to visit my Dad in St. Louis. I sat next to a traveling tile salesman. He told me was an aeronautical engineer until the bottom dropped out of the job market.

For some reason that's always stuck with me - to never take anything for granted. Even though I work in a white-hot job market right now (web development), the social media bubble could pop and it could all dry up tomorrow.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2015 08:42 PM

****, that's actually a little sad.

That Albert paid someone to write that, I mean.

Hootie 07-06-2015 08:43 PM

Dear younger hootie 2.0

Adderall. When you're 10.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2015 08:47 PM

Dear younger Clay,

Disregard Jehovah, acquire exercise. And check out Chiefsplanet.

TimBone 07-06-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11584108)
Dear younger Clay,

Disregard Jehovah, acquire exercise. And check out Chiefsplanet.

No Star Wars or Star Trek, more interaction with the opposite sex.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11584112)
No Star Wars or Star Trek, more interaction with the opposite sex.

That's bullshit. I needed MORE Star Wars AND Star Trek. I needed to IMMERSE MYSELF in it and meet a nice little nerdesse at Comicon.

TimBone 07-06-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11584118)
That's bullshit. I needed MORE Star Wars AND Star Trek. I needed to IMMERSE MYSELF in it and meet a nice little nerdesse at Comicon.

Nah, just think, if you would have been set on he right path, you could have already used and abused Kacie Mcdonell by this point in your life.