ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Unnamed scouts" give their take on 50 players (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298525)

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107840)
If they pass on Ragland because of 3 JAGs, they deserve the black hole they'll be left with in the middle of their defense when he goes.

I'm not sure if Ragland is a 3 down player. If not, there will be better players available at #28.

DJ's left nut 03-01-2016 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12107848)
I'm not sure if Ragland is a 3 down player. If not, there will be better players available at #28.

If you keep a dominant NT in front of him, he should be able to stay largely unmolested in the defensive backfield. If there's less static around him, he has the athleticism to play zone effectively, IMO.

Now if he's asked to do a lot of man coverage, that's probably a mistake. But with Sutton's safety fetish, WTF would he be using Ragland heavily in coverage for?

Though if they put him through individual drills and he can't move his hips well enough, that's cause not to draft him. I agree - you don't take a 2-down ILB in the first round. That said, at that point it will be because of what he is unable to do - not because of March, Wilson and Alexander.

Like I said, if they pass on him because of the JAGs, that's a problem. If they pass on him because they don't think he can do what they need him to do, I'll live with that.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12107860)
Like I said, if they pass on him because of the JAGs, that's a problem. If they pass on him because they don't think he can do what they need him to do, I'll live with that.

We won't likely ever know the answer to that question but after watching him run a 4.74 this past weekend, I think there are better alternatives with the #28 pick.

O.city 03-01-2016 06:04 PM

I'd take someone else there, take Jaylon late and hope he works out

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12107895)
I'd take someone else there, take Jaylon late and hope he works out

I wouldn't spend anything other than a 7th round pick for Smith.

The Franchise 03-01-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12107947)
I wouldn't spend anything other than a 7th round pick for Smith.

Since we're low on the list.....I'd spend a 4th.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12107955)
Since we're low on the list.....I'd spend a 4th.

His medicals were so bad that it'll likely be two years before he can even think about playing again and there's no guarantee he'll be the same player.

The Chiefs should be able to get a contributor in the 4th this year.

I feel really bad for the kid but I'd be shocked if he ever makes a full recovery.

Hopefully, everyone is wrong.

O.city 03-01-2016 07:37 PM

Have to wait and see how the April evaluation goes, but if 8ts that bad I wouldn't spend higher than a 4th, probably 5th

O.city 03-01-2016 07:44 PM

How would you guys feel about nkemdiche if he fell?

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12108123)

I saw a mock today in which he fell past the Chiefs and landed one pick after in AZ.

I'd trust the pick if Dorsey made it because obviously, he did his homework on Peters, which turned out beautifully.

But man, this guy just smells.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12108123)

I saw a mock today in which he fell past the Chiefs and landed one pick after in AZ.

I'd trust the pick if Dorsey made it because obviously, he did his homework on Peters, which turned out beautifully.

But man, that guy just smells.

SAUTO 03-01-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108135)

Peters is a hot head/emotional.

This guy got himself all ****ed up and who knows what really happened but then he throws out the possible number one pick and teammate name out at the combine and say he was there too.

This team preaches family. You don't do that to family.

O.city 03-01-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12108135)

I know.

But the dudes a monster. If there's a coaching staff and locker room I'd trust him in, it'd be here

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12108146)
Peters is a hot head/emotional.

This guy got himself all ****ed up and who knows what really happened but then he throws out the possible number one pick and teammate name out at the combine and say he was there too.

This team preaches family. You don't do that to family.

Agreed. That really hit a bad note for me.

I mean, come on, man! Don't throw your teammate under the bus.

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12108148)
I know.

But the dudes a monster. If there's a coaching staff and locker room I'd trust him in, it'd be here

Right. If Dorsey clears him, then I'm good with it but I'd really be shocked if he made it past Dorsey's bullshit meter.

There's going to be an immediate contributor at 28 and I'm sure Dorsey will get the right guy.