ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why is the NFL important? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300567)

GloucesterChief 06-26-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 12290488)
It's entertainment and escapism.

Also tribalism. Humans are still tribal animals.

Why Not? 06-26-2016 08:13 AM

If the made up territorial "wars" and high prices are the basis of your question, you should substitute "NFL" with "all pro sports". If your question is why are pro sports important, I can't give you a worded answer. I would, if I had the ability to do so, take you back in time and drop you off at any gathering in KC on 11/1(into 11/2)of last year, or the parade a few days later. Then we would wisk off to the streets of Cleveland on 6/19. I'm sure your question would be answered there.

Hammock Parties 06-26-2016 08:19 AM

Because I like graceful violence, performed at an elite level by world-class athletes, and presented in a neat, dramatic package.

You are a schmuck if you go to every Chiefs game every year, though.

RealSNR 06-26-2016 08:36 AM

What the **** is a plauge?

SAUTO 06-26-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12290578)
Because I like graceful violence, performed at an elite level by world-class athletes, and presented in a neat, dramatic package.

You are a schmuck if you go to every Chiefs game every year, though.

Shut the **** up

SAUTO 06-26-2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12290475)
What service does it provide? The ability to brag that your demographical location is FAR superior to the others?..Hatfields and McCoy....ape-like territorial piss-wars?...it make no rational sense when you step back and reflect.

The synthetic rivalry is so intense...they can exploit you for $35 to park and $9 a beer....just to show how serious you re about your..."something".

It's a joke..being played on all suckers. It doesn't differentiate...just steals your cash.

They are a mega-corporation...and their main objective if to exploit you for $$..while acting like they are actual living breathing entities. It's sham 101.

#BlackPlauge

You are a total ****ing idiot. Get off the pills dude they are frying you

loochy 06-26-2016 10:38 AM

WTF? It's entertainment...just like any other sports league, just like TV, just like (most) books, just like magazines, just like radio, just like music....

InChiefsHeaven 06-26-2016 10:39 AM

Ask the Europeans why soccer is so important. Ask avid opera and theater fans why that is so important. Ask people why spending 150.00 to see a concert is so important.

Geez dude, are you even human?

Chiefshrink 06-26-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12290475)
What service does it provide? The ability to brag that your demographical location is FAR superior to the others?..Hatfields and McCoy....ape-like territorial piss-wars?...it make no rational sense when you step back and reflect.

The synthetic rivalry is so intense...they can exploit you for $35 to park and $9 a beer....just to show how serious you re about your..."something".

It's a joke..being played on all suckers. It doesn't differentiate...just steals your cash.

They are a mega-corporation...and their main objective if to exploit you for $$..while acting like they are actual living breathing entities. It's sham 101.

#BlackPlauge

Take your Progressive Marxist politically correct BS elsewhere !!! American sport is the last bastian of true real American combat outside of the military and even both the military and American sport have been severely hindered by your Progressive ideological ilk and their lawyers who strip us of our rights,property and $$ everyday !!

"Progressivism" seeks to gut the American way of Life and especially American Spirit of every American individual every day. You don't see this because you don't know history.

Yes, I was political in this forum because YOU were political !! As Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me Death" !! Ban me if you must.:rolleyes:

SAUTO 06-26-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12290708)
Take your Progressive Marxist politically correct BS elsewhere !!! American sport is the last bastian of true real American combat outside of the military and even both the military and American sport have been severely hindered by your Progressive ideological ilk and their lawyers who strip us of our rights,property and $$ everyday !!

"Progressivism" seeks to gut the American way of Life and especially American Spirit of every American individual every day. You don't see this because you don't know history.

Yes, I was political in this forum because YOU were political !! As Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me Death" !! Ban me if you must.:rolleyes:

You're a dumb **** too

LoneWolf 06-26-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12290708)
Ban me if you must.:rolleyes:

Come on, mods! Make it happen!

O.city 06-26-2016 11:45 AM

Tickets are a good tax deduction

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-26-2016 11:56 AM

It's not.

Demonpenz 06-26-2016 11:56 AM

You need a distraction from your shit life and an excuse for your alcoholism. NFL does both.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-26-2016 11:59 AM

Sure it's rigged, but so is all TV including reality. Do you not watch movies or TV show? Do you just sit inside a cardboard box all day?