ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Von Miller closing in a deal reportedly worth 6yr/114m w 70+g (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300860)

Chief Northman 07-14-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12316187)
That kind of money would almost cover all of his outstanding fines and restitutions.

Apparently he's still holding out for some hush money.

BlackOp 07-14-2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12316200)
Apparently he's still holding out for some hush money.

Dude's twisting the screws on Elway...awesome.

Starting to sound like he wants to leave....$70 million for 11.5 sacks last year.

This really ****ed the Raiders...their days of over-paying Chiefs are over. Mack is going to crash their cap...along with Carr.

Mr. Laz 07-14-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12316008)

Here's hoping when he gets paid that he loses the fire/hunger and becomes Haynesworth II.

THISxEleventybillionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Chiefshrink 07-14-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12315945)
No way he ever lives up to that. 70 mil no matter what?

I agree,very few have if any. This is positive for the Chiefs IMHO because as soon as Von signs on the dotted line he will go back to his consistent disappearing act for sure and the fans will be calling for his head. Just watch.:thumb:

BTW, Mitchell Schwartz say's whaaaaaaaaa?????? Really???? I owned this guy. Bring on the Von !!!!:D

Simply Red 07-14-2016 10:54 PM

Denver will be the brokest losers in the NFL - **** them - we'll sweep them this yr.

Chiefshrink 07-14-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12316008)
I for one hope this is true. That cap number along with the guaranteed money is crippling for any team salary structure. Von painted them in a corner here. He is an outstanding player (albeit a piece of shit), and going off like he did in the Superbowl all but guaranteed a top defensive player contract in the league.

Here's hoping when he gets paid that he loses the fire/hunger and becomes Haynesworth II.

He will. Just watch.

MagicHef 07-15-2016 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12316339)
I agree,very few have if any. This is positive for the Chiefs IMHO because as soon as Von signs on the dotted line he will go back to his consistent disappearing act for sure and the fans will be calling for his head. Just watch.:thumb:

BTW, Mitchell Schwartz say's whaaaaaaaaa?????? Really???? I owned this guy. Bring on the Von !!!!:D

He may not be worth the contract he will get, but Von is the most consistent pass rusher in NFL history. Saying that he has a "disappearing act" is nonsensical.

TribalElder 07-15-2016 12:14 AM

That's what happens when you gamble on a contract year and the team loses to the Super Bowl mvp

Pay up donkey trash

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-15-2016 05:46 AM

That's a lot of good weed.

Pay the man!

Rain Man 07-15-2016 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12316384)
He may not be worth the contract he will get, but Von is the most consistent pass rusher in NFL history. Saying that he has a "disappearing act" is nonsensical.

Are you including games with suspensions and injuries in your data?

(I do so enjoy mentioning his suspension.)

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-15-2016 06:07 AM

Another "waiting for Elway to crash"-convention.

Yeah, I get the feeling that's not happening anytime soon.

Mile High Mania 07-15-2016 06:22 AM

A lot of butt hurt and hopes of burning down the franchise in this thread.

This is what happens in the league now, it was the perfect storm for Miller. Elway tried to get him cheaper and it didn't work. Some of you think that's really going to impact how players view him... it's all part of the damn process.

Bwana 07-15-2016 06:36 AM

That's a lot of scratch, you knew someone was going to get bent over before this was all said and done. If that contract goes down, it's Elway that will be grabbing his ankles.

MagicHef 07-15-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12316438)
Are you including games with suspensions and injuries in your data?

(I do so enjoy mentioning his suspension.)

It's simply (games with a sack)/(games played).

Mr. Laz 07-15-2016 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12316448)
A lot of butt hurt and hopes of burning down the franchise in this thread.

This is what happens in the league now, it was the perfect storm for Miller. Elway tried to get him cheaper and it didn't work. Some of you think that's really going to impact how players view him... it's all part of the damn process.

Of course we want the donkey franchise to burn to the ground. You are on a Chiefs' football board after all. :hmmm: