ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Transformers The Last Knight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301296)

Nickhead 04-09-2017 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 12816215)
You'll enjoy this video. A group of guys watch the first three movies simultaneously.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Rfup0XKx7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i ****ing hate you hate you hate you!!!!

you couldn't let me hold on to that one shred of cloth to my child hood? :D

Deberg_1990 04-09-2017 08:10 AM

I can't believe Bay has made 5 of these things?

:facepalm:

Al Bundy 06-15-2017 03:57 PM

2.5 hours.... I am actually not hyped at all for this one.

sd4chiefs 06-15-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12816309)

The first four have made a total of $1.3 Billion. :shake:

Fish 06-15-2017 04:44 PM

Splosions!

CoMoChief 06-16-2017 03:52 AM

I find the movies entertaining. Cool CGI effects, explosions and fight scenes obviously.
You can't expect an Oscar-worthy flick w/ a franchise marketed for kids and toys. For a popcorn box office flick you just have to come out of the theater asking yourself whether or not you were entertained, much like any Marvel or DC movie that comes out. I mean are any of those movies truly any "good"? I dunno maybe a few of them are...But are they entertaining?...absolutely they are. Maybe The Dark Knight Trilogy is one of the few that was actually a "good" movie.

IMO, the only Transformers movie that was truly pure shit was the one w/ Rosie Huntington Whiteley as the eye candy replacing Megan Fox, and Patrick Dempsey as the villain LMAO. Bad casting, dialogue, script etc. That installment of the franchise IMO was just a huge dumpster fire....we're talking Rocky 5 level of bad.

CoMoChief 06-16-2017 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12816309)

Can you believe they're still making Fast n Furious films? Each one is literally more and more shittier and ridiculous than the last.

sd4chiefs 06-19-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12918925)
Can you believe they're still making Fast n Furious films? Each one is literally more and more shittier and ridiculous than the last.

As long as they keep making a profit they will keep making them.

PunkinDrublic 06-19-2017 08:33 PM

Shouldn't surprise anybody. The movie going public has shit taste.

RobBlake 06-20-2017 01:19 AM

Shia made it for me

Gonzo 06-20-2017 09:19 PM

You'll all love this:
https://youtu.be/ctembQrH_0k

Anyong Bluth 06-21-2017 01:42 PM

Pretty cheesedick. I got a free ticket to see it.
Honestly, the first 2/3 were pretty good, but then there's a "moment" that it pretty much felt like they phoned in the remainder of the movie. It's about 20 minutes too long. Not a lot of humor.

I'll couch this by saying, I'm not holding it up as anything more than a summer action popcorn flick. One, I thought from the trailers the incorporation of King Arthur seemed like a dumb idea. If it wasn't free, I wouldn't have gone and seen it.

Surprisingly, the Knights lore works perfectly fine with the story, and I pretty much enjoyed the first 2/3 of the film. Then it just kinda strayed away and you end up with a long battle at the end that didn't have much payoff.

I swear, it felt like they lifted another script to base the plot premise on, sort of a treasure hunt, and then slapped some Transformers mythology, but then abandoned it and came up with a formulaic ending.

It had real potential, but the final 1/3 kinda didn't stick the landing of the setup. Ironically, the teaser they have to foreshadow the next one seems kinda interesting.

3D was fine. Well done, but nothing spectacular. I will say the digital effects were pretty outstanding. Some of the locations they used around Chicago have some really cool but obscure architecture that is noticeable if you have an intimate knowledge of them around the city, but they "transformed" the location's look so much that it really isn't even recognisable unless you are really familiar with certain unique decor at that place.
One example is the Bank of America Financial Center, formerly the Field Building. The lobby has an exquisite art deco design from when it opened in 1934. You can barely tell they shot in there except for a few giveaways, and I don't mean that as a negative. The digital scenery they did for this movie was enormous, and fantastically achieved!

Bottom line : if you dig on Transformers, you'll find what you want ultimately.

Al Bundy 07-02-2017 07:48 AM

This movie was a pretty but convoluted mess.

bevischief 07-02-2017 08:28 AM

I would really poke my eyes out with a hot poker just to unseen that movie.

Fish 07-02-2017 09:22 AM

Rotten Tomatoes says it's shit.