ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LNBS: Lets talk about the Chargers. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301687)

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-23-2016 08:02 AM

I believe what will transpire in this game is our DL getting a push up the middle and getting into Phyliss's face to put the pressure on him. Tamba and Ford will contain any escape routes.

We held them to 3 points twice last year, once without Houston. Rivers will probably throw at least two picks. Benjamin was a good pickup for them and he worries me but only for deep routes that Phyliss won't have enough time to let develop.

They will be the first team to experience the choke hold of Tyreek Hill. I expect they will have multiple injuries in the secondary with broken ankles.

Chiefs 33
Phyliss 10

Hammock Parties 08-23-2016 08:57 AM

It's all about our pass rush.

If Hali is limping around and Ford is the same bust he's always been, Rivers will carve us up.

I think it'll probably be a high scoring game to be honest. We'll need 30 to win. The onus is on the offense.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 08-23-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12382011)
I'm tired and want to go to bed.

The only chance the Chiefs have on offense is through the running game. The Chargers front 7 is a bit more stout with Mebane at NT and a developing Perryman but there are still weaknesses as Tennessee showed in Week 1 of the preseason.

To rely on a passing game with Smith at the helm would be foolish. the Chargers secondary looks good and the pass rush is decent. Alex will be too scared to throw the ball when there's an opponent within 10 yards of his target.

When the Chargers have the ball Rivers will be able to dissect the Chiefs defense since Tamba will be hobbled and Houston will be out.
Rivers to Allen
Rivers to Woodhead
Rivers to Henry
Rivers to Oliver
Rivers to Benjamin
Rivers to your ****in' Grandma - It doesn't matter who's there.

SD beats KC by having an actual Quarterback outscore a committee of Running backs who will stall from time to time.

To predict 4 TDs from the Chiefs offense is ridiculous and exposes you for the homer that you are.

Week 1:
Chiefs 0-1

Good night
xoxoxoxo

Didn't PFF rank the Chargers O-line dead LAST in 2015?

jjchieffan 08-23-2016 10:12 AM

It's a trap!!

Halfcan 08-23-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12382036)
Perhaps an initial goal for the Chargers should be to figure out a way to score more than 3 points against us.

ROFL

We will Hali, JC and Berry back.

I think KC has too many weapons for the Chargers to cover. We just need to close them out when we get a big lead and don't let Cry baby Rivers hang around to be a hero.

All always-the crowd will be a big factor as well.

Chiefs 38 Chargers 24

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2016 12:03 PM

Anything can happen in Week 1.

We've all seen how Andy Reid's teams have consistently started each season slowly and lethargically, so it's possible the Chargers could surprise the Chiefs steal the first game.

That said, while I think that it's possible, I also believe it's unlikely.

Valiant 08-23-2016 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12381999)
Tell me how SD beats KC.

Seriously.

Because chiefs.
Because andy.
Because it is winnable. So see previous 2 choices.

Kman34 08-23-2016 12:17 PM

San Deeggo has been our bitch for a while now... Don't see enough improvement on that team to think otherwise...

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12382511)
We will Hali, JC and Berry back.

I think that having a healthy Charcandrick West is more important than Jamaal Charles, who will likely be very limited in Week 1.

Berry's absence becomes more worrisome each day, IMO. That said, he's the best box safety on the roster and they'll need him in run support, but I wonder how he'll perform without taking a single snap at OTA's, minicamp, training camp, preseason and practice.

Kiimo 08-23-2016 12:23 PM

How can the Chargers be so bad at evaluating running backs?

Also signing draft picks.

Dean Spanos is a moron.

staylor26 08-23-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12382578)
I think that having a healthy Charcandrick West is more important than Jamaal Charles, who will likely be very limited in Week 1.

Berry's absence becomes more worrisome each day, IMO. That said, he's the best box safety on the roster and they'll need him in run support, but I wonder how he'll perform without taking a single snap at OTA's, minicamp, training camp, preseason and practice.

I'd be curious to see how Chancellor performed his first game back after similar circumstances last year.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12382587)
I'd be curious to see how Chancellor performed his first game back after similar circumstances last year.

He showed up Week 3 and had one assist on a tackle.

Week 4 he had 6 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 12382586)
How can the Chargers be so bad at evaluating running backs?

Also signing draft picks.

Dean Spanos is a moron.

How about head coaches? Mike Riley? Firing Schottenheimer after going 14-2? Hell, even firing Norv and hiring Mike McCoy, who's done nothing and was clearly hired because of Peyton Manning?

They couldn't win a damn thing with Merriman, Tomlinson, Gates or Brees/Rivers?

They're a shit franchise run by a family of land barons.

staylor26 08-23-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12382593)
He showed up Week 3 and had one assist on a tackle.

Week 4 he had 6 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

Well the stats surely indicate there was rust, but without seeing it's hard to tell for sure.

O.city 08-23-2016 12:33 PM

Of course there's gonna be rust.

Guys can't walk in a week before the opener and think it'll be an easy transition back to football