ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LET'S TALK TITANS (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304334)

Sandy Vagina 12-09-2016 07:48 AM

Derrick Henry and Blount.

RBs like these are why I can see and even appreciate KC electing to bring back Mauga. While Mauga lacks range and athleticism, he can fill a run lane with physicality. He is actually crafty and opportunistic when playing short zones. KC needs that experience.

Buehler445 12-09-2016 08:10 AM

Run blitz a lot. Make them beat our corners, which they might, but they WILL beat our run D if we don't scheme it.

carcosa 12-09-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12608282)
Run blitz a lot. Make them beat our corners, which they might, but they WILL beat our run D if we don't scheme it.

Yes... they can do it...

KC_Lee 12-09-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12608282)

Who are they going to beat our corners with?

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

The only real receiving threat they have is Walker at TE.

Buehler445 12-09-2016 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12608381)

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

That's why we make them beat us through the air.

Direckshun 12-09-2016 08:54 AM

The front seven is going to have to put on their big boy pants. They're going to have to rally to compensate for losing DJ because this Titans team WILL run it all game if they want. They've got two RBs who will do it.

ThaVirus 12-09-2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12608381)

Tajae' Sharpe?
Kendall Wright?
Harry Douglas?

Kendall Wright, definitely.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2016 10:14 AM

So if were like bottom of the league run defense with DJ, what will it be like without DJ? Worse than bottom of the league?

How can our run defense be worse?

TEX 12-09-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12608602)
So if were like bottom of the league run defense with DJ, what will it be like without DJ? Worse than bottom of the league?

How can our run defense be worse?

Well, I think getting Houston back into the mix will help. As long as we can somewhat control it, we'll be ok. Last night Murray did rush for over 100 yards, BUT he didn't KILL us with the big take- it- to -the- house run. The Front 7 will have to step it up because the Titans WILL RUN and keep doing it if we can't stop them. If we can make them earn it and not give up the big runs, I think we'll be ok.

Coochie liquor 12-09-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 12608611)
Well, I think getting Houston back into the mix will help. As long as we can somewhat control it, we'll be ok. Last night Murray did rush for over 100 yards, BUT he didn't KILL us with the big take- it- to -the- house run. The Front 7 will have to step it up because the Titans WILL RUN and keep doing it if we can't stop them. If we can make them earn it and not give up the big runs, I think we'll be ok.

I hope the Titans and Dungkeys beat each other up. We've got 9 days to heal, and get a good gameplan on how to stop their running game (or at least slow it down). If we play run D the way we did in the second half, and Ten commits to the run it's gonna be a frustratingly long day. Hope Sutton can wave his wand and put something good together.
if we come out and turn the ball over in our end, and play conservative in the second half it's gonna likely not end the same way. I wish Andy understood how to put a game away better. Glad we won, but I'm worried about our run D.

scho63 12-09-2016 02:35 PM

Ultimate and perfect description of a trap game.

A game in between two division rivals at home.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-09-2016 02:39 PM

Gonna re-watch the game soon and focus on the front 7. Problem is they hardly ever had two ILBs in after DJ went out, so there isn't a lot to go off of for DJ Alexander.

Easy 6 12-09-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12608094)
If ever there was a trap game...

Agreed, this one has me a bit spooked for some reason

BWillie 12-09-2016 03:30 PM

Think the Chiefs lose this one. Gassed by the last 11 days with 3 football games. No DJ. Need to figure out how to adjust. BUT, I think we'll win our last two vs Dungver and a don't give a shit anymore Charger club.

stumppy 12-09-2016 03:30 PM

This is the one I've been most worried about. Their passing and running game are going to be a challenge.