ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will the Weather Cause our Fate? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305116)

CaliforniaChief 01-11-2017 02:30 PM

I understand past playoff debacles but wow, we are a bunch of wussies.

Forget about Le'Veon Bell and their rushing game. Why don't WE run Spencer Ware down their throats at will?

We're fine. We GOT this.

ChiefRocka 01-11-2017 02:30 PM

Weather puts the emphasis on technique and execution. I choose us.

carcosa 01-11-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 12675657)

Forget about Le'Veon Bell and their rushing game. Why don't WE run Spencer Ware down their throats at will?

Because our run blocking is not very good and we haven't been able to run at will all season?

I do think that even in poor weather, Kelce and Hill will be productive enough for the run game to open up. But this just isn't a "run at will" kinda team this season.

Snica 01-11-2017 02:33 PM

No

Simply Red 01-11-2017 02:35 PM

their site was saying WE'd be the beneficiary of inclimate weather - jesus - VahJJPlanet

keg in kc 01-11-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12675631)
Lol, how do you figure?

Listen boys, the Chiefs earned the #2 seed by beating damn good teams. Chiefs had one of the hardest SOS's in the league and still cranked out a #2 seed.

"better team in pretty much every conceivable way"

****a pls...

I believe Pittsburgh is a much better built team on offense. They're clearly better at QB, line, receiver and runningback. We have an edge at TE. I think we're about even on defense, overall, although we do force a few more turnovers and average one less point allowed, whereas they give up significatly less yards.

While we will be at home how much of a difference does Arrowhead realistically make at this point?

I think if we do win, it'll have to be in the weird way we won so many of our games this season, that being completely against the odds. Defense setting the offense up in short fields, or outright scoring themselves. Special teams scores. If it doesn't go that route, than we're going to have to hope that the offense in week 19 performs in a way it was unable to do in weeks 1 through 17.

Frankly, this season to me was a fluke. We should not be 12-4. That said, I'm glad we are and I'm glad we have a home game. I hope it goes well. I just don't expect that it will.

Sorry if my opinion ruffles your feathers.

CrowbarMan 01-11-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12675664)
Because our run blocking is not very good and we haven't been able to run at will all season?

I do think that even in poor weather, Kelce and Hill will be productive enough for the run game to open up. But this just isn't a "run at will" kinda team this season.

Exactly. How many times were we stopped on 4th and 1 this year? If our short yardage game was reliable, then Andy wouldn't be making up Hungry Pig plays from the 2 yard line.

Marcellus 01-11-2017 02:39 PM

This definitely deserved its own thread as it has not been discussed yet.

Mr. Laz 01-11-2017 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12675623)
Pittsburgh is a better team in pretty much every conceivable way. Bad weather can only help us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12675640)
Really?

Better coaching- No
Better Special teams-No
Better fans-**** No
Better Stadium-No
Better Defense- No

Steelers aren't better at everything

The problem is that we are built to win with defense. Reid coaches to win with defense. Reid calls offensive plays to win with defense.

If the steelers' offense is better than our defense then we are in trouble.

If the steelers' offense is significantly better than our defense then we are ****ed.

Steelers dual-threat offense seems built to defeat our defense.

We will need key turnovers by our defense and our offense to successfully step out of it's comfort zone to win. Dee Ford and Houston better finally combine to bring us what we've been hoping for by sacking the crap out of Rapeburger.

Snica 01-11-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12675684)
This definitely deserved its own thread as it has not been discussed yet.

There needs to be another thread to discuss the fact this needed a new thread. It's the CP way.

DJ's left nut 01-11-2017 02:46 PM

I'll also note that taxpayers/Hunts spent a fair amount of money a couple of years ago installing heated water pipes under the Arrowhead turf.

The field should be in acceptable shape and with the gloves the WRs wear these days, the cold shouldn't hurt their hands too terribly much.

I don't really expect the weather to be a factor.

Simply Red 01-11-2017 02:48 PM

four nights out, still. I don't see anything falling on Sunday except for the Pittsburgh Steelers!

carcosa 01-11-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12675673)

I think if we do win, it'll have to be in the weird way we won so many of our games this season, that being completely against the odds. Defense setting the offense up in short fields, or outright scoring themselves. Special teams scores. If it doesn't go that route, than we're going to have to hope that the offense in week 19 performs in a way it was unable to do in weeks 1 through 17.

Frankly, this season to me was a fluke. We should not be 12-4. That said, I'm glad we are and I'm glad we have a home game. I hope it goes well. I just don't expect that it will.

It's true that you can't rely on turnovers to win every game, but winning with turnovers isn't "weird" or "against the odds." It's how football works. This team won a lot of games (and lost a few, too) on big late-game twists of fate, but it's not a fluke that guys like Peters and Berry and Sorenson have gotten really good at causing turnovers. It's not a fluke that Hill is already the best returner since Devin Hester's prime. That's legit skill. There's some luck involved, but there's luck involved in every facet of the game.

Also, the offense showed flashes of brilliance in weeks 1 through 17 and started to put together more complete games toward the end of the season. It won't be some unexpected miracle if they have a great game on Sunday.

stevieray 01-11-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

I believe Pittsburgh is a much better built team on offense. They're clearly better at QB, line, receiver and runningback. We have an edge at TE. I think we're about even on defense, overall, although we do force a few more turnovers and average one less point allowed, whereas they give up significatly less yards.

While we will be at home how much of a difference does Arrowhead realistically make at this point?

keg gonna keg....

Simply Red 01-11-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Vagina post - Fix it IMMEDIATELY!