ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto How Long Or Often Do You Sleep? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311459)

scho63 11-11-2017 08:45 AM

When you showed up for our get together last week, I jokingly said to you that you looked exhausted. You looked like you hadn't slept. I guess I was right.

I'm a lucky soul as I sleep great and always have. I fall asleep within 5-15 minutes of getting into sleep mode after getting into bed. I put the TV on to a comedy rerun, turn the volume down pretty low and set the timer for 60 minutes to shut off.

I sleep anywhere from 6-8 hours. I also will take a nap if I feel tired for an hour or two. I go to bed without a care in the world. Only way to sleep well.

The only time I sleep less or restless is if I have a plane to catch in the morning, then I get up a lot and always time check. Haven't needed an alarm clock more than once or twice in the last 20 years. I think I've needed two-three wake-up calls in the last 25 years as well.

I can fall asleep anywhere; chair, beach, pool, party, floor, car.

HemiEd 11-11-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13210787)
Average about 6-ish hours a night. But, no matter what time I fall asleep, I'm awake between 5:30-6:15.

This is pretty much me, haven't needed an alarm clock in at least 25 years, especially since my time is my own now, with no dread of having to go to work.

Odd timing for this thread as I didn't actually fall asleep last night, I ate and drank too much. :D

BigRedChief 11-11-2017 08:57 AM

Isn't the average about 7-8 hours night. Looks like we have an explanation as to why CP has late night traffic.

Chiefshrink 11-11-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13210764)
I just don't like going to sleep.

Do you not like going to sleep because your circadian rhythm is all screwed up because you have to work at night and you get all frustrated or is it something else ? Anxiety about something?

KCrockaholic 11-11-2017 11:58 AM

7 or more hours. If it's any less than that I feel like shit all morning until noon.

rico 11-11-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13211016)
Do you not like going to sleep because your circadian rhythm is all screwed up because you have to work at night and you get all frustrated or is it something else ? Anxiety about something?

I know mine is both.

Chiefshrink 11-11-2017 12:14 PM

Don't know if you have tried the natural approach with Melatonin. Had heard positive things for years by other folks. So here in the last few months I was having a hard time staying asleep as I have never had a problem in the past. I knew it was anxiety about personal stuff and had to just work through it but until I worked through it I decided to finally try it and man did it knock me out for the whole night. Waking up very relaxed but heavy which wore off very soon once I got going. I dreamt very well which is good because that means you are in some serious REM which is the good deep restful sleep you need the most which occurs mostly between 3-6am. And you don't want that time period screwed with when it comes to your sleep. It comes in 1mg, 3mg and 10mg that I have seen. The 3mg was enough for me but you may have to go heavier with 10mg. Take it about a 1/2 hr before you go to bed and within 15 minutes you will start to feel the heaviness.

Try it. It's worth a shot.

Frazod 11-11-2017 12:17 PM

During the week, probably around six hours a night. I tend to get my second wind right around 10:00. I stay up doing nothing until around 12:30 or 1:00, the alarm goes off at 6:45 and I roll out of bed after about ten minutes. On the weekends I usually go to bed around 3:00 or 4:00 and sleep until noon or so, which seems to sort of recharge me for the week.

Most mornings there's enough caffeine in my system to reanimate Elvis.

Spott 11-11-2017 12:17 PM

7-8 at night usually. I nap at work sometimes for about 45 minutes to an hour as well.

Bearcat 11-11-2017 12:18 PM

Around 8 hours a night... I can get by fine on a few hours if I slept fairly well, or ~6 hours for a few days, but after that my brain goes to mush.

I'd love to live off ~6 hours a night. I once had a roommate who would maybe get 2-3 hours/night during the week, then would sleep like 30+ hours from late Friday night to Sunday evening, before staying up most of the night Sunday and doing it all over again. :eek:

FlaChief58 11-11-2017 12:20 PM

Up until a few years ago, I'd sleep 9 hours a night. Now, I get about 3-4 hours of deep sleep, wake up at 2am, toss and turn until about 30 min before my alarm goes off at 6:30. ****ing sucks...

Chiefshrink 11-11-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13211054)
Around 8 hours a night... I can get by fine on a few hours if I slept fairly well, or ~6 hours for a few days, but after that my brain goes to mush.

I'd love to live off ~6 hours a night. I once had a roommate who would maybe get 2-3 hours/night during the week, then would sleep like 30+ hours from late Friday night to Sunday evening, before staying up most of the night Sunday and doing it all over again. :eek:

Your former roommate sounds very manic like. Bipolar.:shrug:

Bearcat 11-11-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13211051)
During the week, probably around six hours a night. I tend to get my second wind right around 10:00. I stay up doing nothing until around 12:30 or 1:00, the alarm goes off at 6:45 and I roll out of bed after about ten minutes. On the weekends I usually go to bed around 3:00 or 4:00 and sleep until noon or so, which seems to sort of recharge me for the week.

Most mornings there's enough caffeine in my system to reanimate Elvis.

I got too old for that shit (I don't drink caffeine though)... I have to get up on the weekends within a couple hours of my weekly routine, or else I know I'll screw myself over on Sunday night.

Bearcat 11-11-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13211057)
That sounds very manic like. Bipolar.:shrug:

Yes, ****ing crazy. Scores disturbingly high on the psychopath test.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2017 12:22 PM

This thread needs a spinoff for what time you get up and how much you snooze once the alarm goes off.