ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Which unit is in the most disarray right now? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312049)

HemiEd 12-04-2017 09:33 AM

It's the coaching staff.

It has been proven time and time again, you have to have some discipline and accountability.

Andy has gotten lazy in that area and it has turned into a cancer.

You know why Justin Houston had no tackles yesterday? Because Peters doesn't have to tackle, so why should he?

The fringe players are giving it their all right now, like Akeem Hunt and Ragland. Many of the "stars' are just mailing it in.

The other consideration that is jumping off the table to me is just how legit is the NFL?

They had a problem with the kneelers, no contenders in NY and two new teams in LA.

The two largest markets were playing second fiddle to "fly over country", KC.

LO and behold, some officials keep the game going until Oakland scored the winner, rinse and repeat and now we have THREE California teams contending.

Win win! TV viewership is going to go up! Merchandise is going to sell!

The two NY team fan bases went home happy with lots of water cooler conversation about beating the team wearing red.

This is just too big of a business for the ownership not to do what they feel they can get by with to maximize profits.

I am pretty much done with them.

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2017 09:33 AM

Throw a dart

carcosa 12-04-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13260794)

You know why Justin Houston had no tackles yesterday? Because Peters doesn't have to tackle, so why should he?

Huh?????????

TLO 12-04-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13260765)
It’s a tie between the pass rushers and the defensive backs.

Yes, I agree.

The defensive line is mostly a bunch of JAGs, but they have stepped it up in the last few weeks.

Rain Man 12-04-2017 12:21 PM

I must say, the poll results surprise me. The secondary isn't excelling, but the front seven is a complete non-factor.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2017 12:21 PM

Defense got Old in 4 years.

Wasted a championship D because of Alex.

notorious 12-04-2017 12:23 PM

Coaches. It begins and ends with them.

notorious 12-04-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13261283)

This is 100% accurate.

carcosa 12-04-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13261283)

Damn

To be fair though, this D also has a lot of young guys who either haven't fully developed or just suck

Reerun_KC 12-04-2017 12:26 PM

Offense still has plenty of firepower for next year with Mahomes.

Unload these shitty contracts and over paid vets, rebuild the D with a draft picks and YOUNGER FAs.

It can be done and we can win 11+ games next year.

notorious 12-04-2017 12:27 PM

If you want to really get depressed compare the defensive personnel from 2013-2014 with the shit in there today.

Holy mother of Jebus.

Ragged Robin 12-04-2017 12:27 PM

it's tough when the offense and defense takes turns at being complete utter garbage on a week to week basis

I will say that the offense at the very least has the pieces in place with legit weapons and have shown to put up some elite numbers. On defense we have Peters and Houston and both aren't exactly having great years.

notorious 12-04-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant_KC (Post 13261298)
Offense still has plenty of firepower for next year with Mahomes.

Unload these shitty contracts and over paid vets, rebuild the D with a draft picks and YOUNGER FAs.

It can be done and we can win 11+ games next year.

The defense literally can't get any worse. Might as unload all the garbage and get some young talent in there.

patteeu 12-04-2017 12:47 PM

I picked linebackers for the lack of pass rush and lack of getting tackles short of the sticks on 3rd and long. Ragland seems promising though.

RobBlake 12-04-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 13260744)
Bench Smiff and you will see an energy jolt on D, the running game, special teams and the fan base. Oh, and the critics/media will take you serious as well. NOBODY is going to pick the game manager to do SHIT in the playoffs.

Stupidity. They will magically do there job better in the current scheme by benching for a rookie.