ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fire Muser (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=31483)

Sure-Oz 04-29-2002 03:06 PM

The players have simply given up on Tony, Sweeney is pissed and has a right to be, he could've gone anywhere he wanted and gotten paid more, and had a legit shot of boosting his stats and ring count with another team than here...atleast with our current goons in the office and talent.

keg in kc 04-29-2002 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by shakesthecat
keg,
I never said their didn't need to be revenue sharing or a cap.
Of course there does.

My point is(poorly worded as it was) is that that the Royals can't even compete with teams that have the same cap numbers and in some cases, smaller than KC.
The Twins have been a good team for the past couple years, and yet, their cap is 7 mil less than KC's

The franchise is a total fricken joke from the top down.

I seriously doubt I'll ever see the Royals go to another WS,
but, there is no reason they can't be a +.500 team and sniff a WC now and then.

Being out of it by May 1st every year, isn't just because they don't have a 100 million payroll, it's because the Owner, GM, scouts, Manager and Coaches are as over matched and out of their league as Gunther Cunningham was.

Well, I think the difference is that you seem to be happy with the table scraps while I want a team that can contend for championships. Just being a .500 team with an occasional sniff at the title doesn't do anything for me, because, frankly, no team like that has a chance in hell of actually winning a world series. Take Minnesota for example: competitive? yes. contending? oh hell no. They're just as out of it on May 1st (I say we're all out of it on April 1st) as the Royals are, because they have no chance of winning the fall classic. Sure they have a nice regular season record to look at, I guess, but that's not the goal, at least for me (hey, another Chiefs parallel! :)).

That's the point I was trying to make. I won't argue with anyone who has issues with the Royals front office, because I have the same issues, but in the end, we could have the best managment team in the league and it still won't matter, because we'll never be able to afford a team talented enough to compete with the top tier markets. It's just not possible.

What concerns me the most is that there will be a fluke small market/cheap championship team, a one hit wonder, and the big market owners will use it to say "see, there's no problem with baseball."

One winner a decade isn't too bad for us poor folks outside major metropolitan areas, right? :shake:

shakesthecat 04-30-2002 07:08 AM

Well unfortunately, the reality is, there isn't revenue sharing or a cap in place, and the prospects of there being one anytime soon, don't look very encouraging.
So yeah, I'll take my scraps, because until changes are made, that's all I can realistically hope for.

IMO, fielding a +.500 team would do wonders for baseball in KC.
Let's see them walk before asking them to run.

The fact that Baird kept his job simply tells Royals fans, that it's business as usual in KC.

But, I am a man of my word. Now that Muser is gone, I will purchase a ticket for a Royals game this year.

teedubya 04-04-2005 11:48 AM

Yeah, fire that guy and hire Tony Pena.

tk13 04-05-2005 01:03 AM

Wow, great great find. ROFL I still sound the same today as I did 4 seasons ago.

Sure-Oz 04-05-2005 12:06 PM

Wow, i dont know if I care as much now as I did then about the Royals, lol! I still love my teams though!

Loyal 04-06-2005 10:37 PM

think the royals suck but still love them!?

go here!