ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Looking for some advice regarding exhaust. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317248)

LoneWolf 09-06-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13712581)
Great googily moogily.

I may PM you sometime soon.

:thumb:

lewdog 09-06-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13712581)
Great googily moogily.

I may PM you sometime soon.

Drowning in car payments while living in a shitty apartment.

The American dream.

TLO 09-06-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13712601)
Drowning in car payments while living in a shitty apartment.

The American dream.

I'm not drowning in car payments, nor do I live in a shitty apartment.

Speaking of shitty, how's that Mustang of yours doing?

lewdog 09-06-2018 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13712652)
I'm not drowning in car payments, nor do I live in a shitty apartment.

Speaking of shitty, how's that Mustang of yours doing?

It’s shitty but has a decent exhaust note.

It’s also paid off.

Buehler445 09-06-2018 11:17 PM

Don't do it.

Loud cars for the sake of loud cars are for ****s. I pay damn good money for mufflers.

Simply Red 09-06-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13712483)
Trade your car in for a Charger Scat Pack. Better version of your car and sounds much better. I can give you my employee discount if it helps you out.

what a very kind gesture of you.

Lzen 09-07-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13713040)
Don't do it.

Loud cars for the sake of loud cars are for ****s. I pay damn good money for mufflers.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3499/...1d5e1f7575.jpg

Buehler445 09-07-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13713216)

I bet I’m younger than you:D

Lzen 09-07-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13713222)
I bet I’m younger than you:D

Oh, lol. For some reason, I was thinking that was Bugeater that posted. Yeah, you are definitely younger than me.

Buehler445 09-07-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13713226)
Oh, lol. For some reason, I was thinking that was Bugeater that posted. Yeah, you are definitely younger than me.

I need some SERIOUS introspection if I'm posting like Bugeater LOL :D

Nah, man, I just have goddamned engine noise ALL THE ****ING TIME. Tractors, sprayers, Combines, Transfer Pumps, Irrigation Motors, Air Compressors, welders, mowers, Semis, whatever - it seems like it's always goddamned something ****ing screaming in my ear. Christ. The last thing I want to do is have my pickup making a bunch of ****ing noise when it Can be mitigated.

My nephew chopped the muffler off his pickup and I could have kicked his ****ing nuts up into his throat. Same with Semis with staight pipes. You can grab a little efficiency and a HP or 2 but Christ, **** YOU.

We have technology to make noise go the **** away. ****ing why? I get it if you have a muscle car you don't drive much, but on a daily driver? ****ing really?

**** I hate noise.

Warpaint69 09-07-2018 08:59 AM

stainless works cat back

ToxSocks 09-07-2018 09:46 AM

Black Widow exhaust is the best. Best we've used at least. Spintech is pretty good too. But those will be universal applications. If you're looking for a product that says "2015 Charger R/T" in the description, that aint it. But if you're giving the car to an experienced exhaust shop it shouldn't matter anyway.

Just stay away from Flowmaster, Magnaflow etc.

Also, avoid using those cheap metal hangers that some exhaust shops like to use. Over time they rust and snap. Sometimes they'll leave the exhaust hanging loose and your exhaust will rattle.

I'm a retailer for Black Widow. I can get that other stuff like Flowmaster etc, but meh, i wouldn't feel good selling that to you.

You'll find plenty of people who swear by those main stream mufflers, but a lot of time the average joe doesn't know any better.

It's kinda like ****ing your first 'gina. Of course it was great. You never had vagina before so you have no other vagina to compare it to yet. But there's better vaginas out there.

Lzen 09-07-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13713339)
I need some SERIOUS introspection if I'm posting like Bugeater LOL :D

Nah, man, I just have goddamned engine noise ALL THE ****ING TIME. Tractors, sprayers, Combines, Transfer Pumps, Irrigation Motors, Air Compressors, welders, mowers, Semis, whatever - it seems like it's always goddamned something ****ing screaming in my ear. Christ. The last thing I want to do is have my pickup making a bunch of ****ing noise when it Can be mitigated.

My nephew chopped the muffler off his pickup and I could have kicked his ****ing nuts up into his throat. Same with Semis with staight pipes. You can grab a little efficiency and a HP or 2 but Christ, **** YOU.

We have technology to make noise go the **** away. ****ing why? I get it if you have a muscle car you don't drive much, but on a daily driver? ****ing really?

**** I hate noise.

My truck and motorcycle are both not quiet. Not super loud just to be annoying, but the kind of loud that says badass. Reminds me of the hotrods of 60s/70/80s type of thing. But after reading your post I completely understand your position. ROFL

TLO 09-07-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 13713480)
My truck and motorcycle are both not quiet. Not super loud just to be annoying, but the kind of loud that says badass. Reminds me of the hotrods of 60s/70/80s type of thing. But after reading your post I completely understand your position. ROFL

This is kind of what I'm looking for. I don't want open headers obnoxiously in your face loud - I just want something a little more aggressive sounding.

TLO 09-07-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13713418)
Black Widow exhaust is the best. Best we've used at least. Spintech is pretty good too. But those will be universal applications. If you're looking for a product that says "2015 Charger R/T" in the description, that aint it. But if you're giving the car to an experienced exhaust shop it shouldn't matter anyway.

Just stay away from Flowmaster, Magnaflow etc.

Also, avoid using those cheap metal hangers that some exhaust shops like to use. Over time they rust and snap. Sometimes they'll leave the exhaust hanging loose and your exhaust will rattle.

I'm a retailer for Black Widow. I can get that other stuff like Flowmaster etc, but meh, i wouldn't feel good selling that to you.

You'll find plenty of people who swear by those main stream mufflers, but a lot of time the average joe doesn't know any better.

It's kinda like ****ing your first 'gina. Of course it was great. You never had vagina before so you have no other vagina to compare it to yet. But there's better vaginas out there.

I was actually looking at the American Thunder cat back system from flowmaster. You'd recommend staying away?