ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bob Sutton has gifted us with the best third-down defense in football (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317672)

RINGLEADER 09-24-2018 03:34 PM

I think once the middle of the field stops being an open buffet after Berry returns we’ll be in better shape. Until then I will remain a fan and curse this insipid defense and it’s poor tackling.

DJ's left nut 09-24-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13759562)
I think once the middle of the field stops being an open buffet after Berry returns we’ll be in better shape. Until then I will remain a fan and curse this insipid defense and it’s poor tackling.

Yeah, I keep forgetting to give the shit tackling its due credit.

I've gotten so focused on the poor zone coverage that I routinely forget to point out that the first guy ALWAYS misses.

I still think this shit is coachable. But if you're waiting on Berry, I really wouldn't. A blown achilles and now a perpetually sore heel? C'mon - this dude is damaged goods.

Hopefully is a disease that's benign enough to be cured by Daniel Sorenson and some continuity. Because if not, the patient's dying on the table...

Titty Meat 09-24-2018 03:38 PM

Need turnovers

jimidollar 09-24-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13759571)
Need turnovers

We do. I think they all went to L.A.

Halfcan 09-24-2018 04:57 PM

Sutton looked helpless in the second half. He was just guessing at what to call and guessing wrong.

Fire Sutton Now!

Worst D in the NFL- something needs to change. He is going to kill our season, no lead is safe. I will donate the first 10 bucks to start the banners flying!!

htismaqe 09-24-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13759782)
Sutton looked helpless in the second half. He was just guessing at what to call and guessing wrong.

Fire Sutton Now!

Worst D in the NFL- something needs to change. He is going to kill our season, no lead is safe. I will donate the first 10 bucks to start the banners flying!!

The players need to get better. Firing Sutton won't change anything, especially not this season.

Halfcan 09-24-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13759830)
The players need to get better. Firing Sutton won't change anything, especially not this season.

I am sure you are right, he won't be fired.

I am tired of his inability to not close out games.

Sutton does these types of calls...

3 and 6 - he rushes 3 and drops everyone else back 10 yards

3rd and short- he rushes 4 and still plays back.

Leaves entire middle of the field wide open when we get the opponent needing more than 10 yards. Example... 15-yard penalty on the 49ers for chop blocking- Sutton brings zero pressure and leaves a 20-yard buffer from the line, so a little dump off becomes a huge play.

Sutton is the most Non- Aggressive Defensive coach I have ever seen. No pressure ever.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13759506)
The surprising thing for me is that the defense has been really good at the beginning of games. If I’m not mistaken, we have started each game with a three and out on defense. We have also been a really good defense throughout the first quarter of games and really the first half of games with the exception of the Steelers 2nd quarter onslaught.

With the offense scoring so quickly and often, I’m wondering if the opposing offenses sheer number of plays/drives is just wearing our defenders out.

It's because we have a moron involved in the defensive scheme. How the hell do you give up a first down on 3rd and 26!

htismaqe 09-24-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13759913)
It's because we have a moron involved in the defensive scheme. How the hell do you give up a first down on 3rd and 26!

Because guys can't tackle. It has nothing at all to do with Sutton.

htismaqe 09-24-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13759890)
I am sure you are right, he won't be fired.

I am tired of his inability to not close out games.

Sutton does these types of calls...

3 and 6 - he rushes 3 and drops everyone else back 10 yards

3rd and short- he rushes 4 and still plays back.

Leaves entire middle of the field wide open when we get the opponent needing more than 10 yards. Example... 15-yard penalty on the 49ers for chop blocking- Sutton brings zero pressure and leaves a 20-yard buffer from the line, so a little dump off becomes a huge play.

Sutton is the most Non- Aggressive Defensive coach I have ever seen. No pressure ever.

Sutton doesn't leave the middle of the field open. The players have to stay in their zones and make tackles.

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated but the scheme NEVER calls for guys to run wide open without a defender in sight. THAT'S THE PLAYERS, NOT THE SCHEME.

bsroyals54 09-24-2018 05:50 PM

282 penalty yards is insane.

That has to be from that Pittsburgh Zebra game.

Chiefshrink 09-24-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13759782)
no lead is safe.

and why Andy said after halftime to EA question of "what's the plan for the 2nd half"? Andy's reply "Keep the hammer down!!!"

Andy knows he has no defense thus every possession we have must be perfect by scoring a TD especially against good teams because they will run the ball to keep PM2 on the sideline and will do a very effective job in doing so.

KChiefs1 09-24-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 13759374)
Teams are 5-5 on fourth down....

and they can’t stop 2pt conversions.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-24-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13759921)
Because guys can't tackle. It has nothing at all to do with Sutton.

Dumb. we went into prevent and only rushed 3 and sat back at the first down marker. ****ing stupid!

htismaqe 09-24-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13760002)
Dumb

Sorry man, there's not much for me to say if that's what you think.

If you seriously think Sutton's scheme calls for guys to let receivers run free for big gains, you simply don't understand what you are watching.