ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Levelheaded Review Wk17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346784)

EPodolak 01-01-2023 03:22 PM

Right play calls at the right time go a long way. Doesn't have to be difficult to win games.

Inspector 01-01-2023 03:22 PM

Nice to get the W but concerning that we kept the Broncos in it.

Aspengc8 01-01-2023 03:23 PM

Pats int in the endzone was a terrible throw. He was open, just really underthrew it. Underthrew a few balls today that could have been costly.

DenverChief 01-01-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector (Post 16700967)
Nice to get the W but concerning that we kept the Broncos in it.

I mean their HC was fired, they were absolutely embarrassed last week. I think they were up for a fight. Yeah we kept em in it with a Fumble and a Int but we took those back as well.

DRM08 01-01-2023 03:27 PM

11 point swing on special teams in favor of Denver. Thankfully it did not steal victory from the Chiefs, which happened against the Colts with a 13 point swing on special teams.

ntexascardfan 01-01-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16700828)
1. The missed XP & FG - didn't get to see another view of the XP snap - looks like Tommy just flat out dropped the ball. Love the initial effort to just take it in for 2 but when he realized he wasn't gonna get there it got ugly. Maybe Tommy is the problem. Need to figure out the XP/FG thing real quick. That will kill us in the playoffs. The missed FG at half, dunno what to say other that Butker flat out shanked that kick. I watched closely as the ball was snapped. It was a clean catch and perfect placement (laces out) Butker for whatever reason hit it like a parent chasing a child around the house.

The 51 yard field goal attempt was tipped at the LOS.

Also, Townsend marked the snap on the inside of the hash mark, but placed it on the outside. The laces were placed well, but the ball wasn't placed where he marked it.

crayzkirk 01-01-2023 03:37 PM

The Chiefs, like every other team has strengths and weaknesses. Success has a price of drafting at the end of ALL rounds. It's really difficult to get a top EDGE rusher that late and while they will try to trade for one, it's a position that's highly valued by the teams that have them.

You can beat most teams with an elite QB and adequate defense. When you run up against another team with an elite QB and elite EDGE rushers, it gets a lot tougher. Especially when those teams drafted a lot of talent at the top of each round.

As far as the kicking goes, if the holder is the problem, find someone that can do the job because it's going to cost the team. If you can't trust the kicker, then start going for it on ALL 4th downs.

RunKC 01-01-2023 03:38 PM

Mahomes needs to stop trying for the big play when it isn’t there. Take the damn points if shit isn’t there.

No need to try to go viral doing stupid shit

SupDock 01-01-2023 03:39 PM

I feel like the long ball was there a lot, he was just missing.

Kman34 01-01-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank Hill (Post 16700858)
15 straight. That's mind boggling.

Time to cheer for the BENGALS!!!

Ok.. but just this once..

DenverChief 01-01-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 16701016)
The 51 yard field goal attempt was tipped at the LOS.

Also, Townsend marked the snap on the inside of the hash mark, but placed it on the outside. The laces were placed well, but the ball wasn't placed where he marked it.

I wondered about that - but of course no replay so I had to go with what I saw.

Rainbarrel 01-01-2023 03:42 PM

Watson may just have really bad hands in the cold

tmax63 01-01-2023 03:43 PM

There was an obvious no-call DPI the play before PMII's interception. I wondered if the OPI on Sutton was a make-up.

DenverChief 01-01-2023 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 16701087)
There was an obvious no-call DPI the play before PMII's interception. I wondered if the OPI on Sutton was a make-up.

I didn't see that - I thought the Williams PI call covering Jeudy was the "make up call" for the OPI on Sutton.

DRM08 01-01-2023 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16700884)
My levelheaded view is the Chiefs need to stop making the simple complicated.

Extra points.

Converting 3rd and 1’s.

Stopping 3rd and long on defense.

Stop fumbling on punt returns & kick returns. It puts the KC defense in a horrible spot and it robs the KC offense of a possession. That’s a brutal double whammy.