ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   More Direct TV ranting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98309)

Rausch 09-12-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Call 800 730 4742. It's the tech line. It's never busy.

Much appreciated! :thumb:

That's teh free rep...

Unfortunately, they're trying to make mansechs to me. The Rams/Tardinals game is blacked out b/c they didn't sell out.

Ok, well, if I can't purchase the St.Louis local stations because I'm "out of area" then logic would ****ing dictate that their black out wouldn't apply to me. Yet, my screen is blacked out.

Now I'm on hold... :cuss:

KCJake 09-12-2004 11:48 AM

That's it. Both games are on Fox and CBS. The problem is, I can't get Fox or CBS because Direct TV says I can get them with a antenna. Which I can, but it comes in like crap.

chief52 09-12-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake
That's it. Both games are on Fox and CBS. The problem is, I can't get Fox or CBS because Direct TV says I can get them with a antenna. Which I can, but it comes in like crap.

Lie...it works. Tell them you are in a hole and can not get any reception.

unlurking 09-12-2004 11:49 AM

Quote:

Ahhhh

Do they offer local channels in your area?

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2004 11:50 AM

Ah. Fox strikes again.

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus
yep ... the steelers are being shown on fox

check your none sunday ticket channels

The Fade are on CBS in Tulsa. The Bucs are on Fox.

Valiant 09-12-2004 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Why is that bull$hit?

Both those games are on FOX and CBS.

if you guys are paying somebody for the games you should be able to watch them on the channels you are paying for..

who cares if a local affilate(?) has them...what if the local is poor ass reception... Sunday ticket promo is get all the games...

Mr. Laz 09-12-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
if you guys are paying somebody for the games you should be able to watch them on the channels you are paying for..

who cares if a local affilate(?) has them...what if the local is poor ass reception... Sunday ticket promo is get all the games...

i imagine as part of the contract with the NFL, directv had to agree to a few things.

1. not show that are blacked out

2. not show games that are on the other major networks at the same time.

the NFL has 2 contracts ... one with directv and one with the big networks.... they had to balance the conflict.

KCJake 09-12-2004 11:56 AM

We tried to lie man. They actually sent a guy to our house to check out the reception. He ran some kind of test, and graded the reception with a 72%. Anything over 70% is considered "ok." My dad has been fighting this for 3-4 years now.

chief52 09-12-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

We tried to lie man. They actually sent a guy to our house to check out the reception. He ran some kind of test, and graded the reception with a 72%. Anything over 70% is considered "ok." My dad has been fighting this for 3-4 years now.

Damn, I can not believe they did that. Good thing they did not do it here!

Rausch 09-12-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Much appreciated! :thumb:

That's teh free rep...

Unfortunately, they're trying to make mansechs to me. The Rams/Tardinals game is blacked out b/c they didn't sell out.

Ok, well, if I can't purchase the St.Louis local stations because I'm "out of area" then logic would ****ing dictate that their black out wouldn't apply to me. Yet, my screen is blacked out.

Now I'm on hold... :cuss:

This is crap. Is Skip still on here?...

Bwana 09-12-2004 12:49 PM

Sonofabitch, same thing here, this is bullchit. I don't remember them pimping this aspect of their area cover, or lack there of in their full filled ad. Fuggen pricks. :shake:

RINGLEADER 09-12-2004 12:54 PM

I think if they're showing the game in your local area (even if you're not near Oakland or Pittsburgh) they don't show it on the HD channels or the 700 numbers.

I'm 400 miles away from Oakland and I got the same message. Switched to the HD CBS channel and it was there.

mississippichiefan 09-12-2004 12:54 PM

They are doing that here too, raiders - steelers and saints - seahawks , the two games that are locally . This is the first time they have ever done this in the 10 years I have had season tickets . This is bad because my local cbs channel is not as clear as the other stations .

RINGLEADER 09-12-2004 12:56 PM

I do have one rant about the HD channels...it seems like they're constantly synching them up. When they go for updates from Gumbal in New York they pop over to the non-HD signal. Then, when they come back, there's a brief time when they continue showing the non-HD before it clicks over to the HD signal. There also seems to be a lot of instances with the audio where it skips and repeats for brief moments.

Not terribly annoying, but annoying nonetheless.

Anyone else having this problem with the HD games?