ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do the events of this weekend save Pioli's and Crennel's jobs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267295)

Brock 12-02-2012 05:31 PM

Performance is performance. I sure do appreciate that those two guys didn't go hide behind a locked door when they could have, but if this business isn't about wins and losses and making money on your brand, what is it about?

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 05:31 PM

Clark is a push-over. Pioli is a dirty car salesman. He will convince Clark to give him one more year with a new QB and somehow spin this incident to support is reasoning.

Pioli will be back next year.

Sorter 12-02-2012 05:32 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcoizznmFN1qmsrb7.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173180)
Clark is a push-over. Pioli is a dirty car salesman. He will convince Clark to give him one more year with a new QB and somehow spin this incident to support is reasoning.

Pioli will be back next year.

God that would be horrible for this franchise.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2012 05:33 PM

I was never fully convinced Pioli would be canned. Clark wants longterm stability. I figured Romeo would retire though.

ChiefMojo 12-02-2012 05:34 PM

After more thought I have a sick feeling after reading Clark's thoughts before the game. This guy is going to base his decision off the moment and how he feels right now from the tragedy I bet. He is going to retain these guys because of this and nothing to do with job performance. We will go into next year and be horrible once again to only be back in the exact same situation.

What will be interesting is to see how things are in a few weeks if we start losing again. Sadly the tragedy won't be as fresh and attention will get pointed back at the failed job at hand.

ChiefMojo 12-02-2012 05:34 PM

After more thought I have a sick feeling after reading Clark's thoughts before the game. This guy is going to base his decision off the moment and how he feels right now from the tragedy I bet. He is going to retain these guys because of this and nothing to do with job performance. We will go into next year and be horrible once again to only be back in the exact same situation.

What will be interesting is to see how things are in a few weeks if we start losing again. Sadly the tragedy won't be as fresh and attention will get pointed back at the failed job at hand.

chiefzilla1501 12-02-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 9173166)
I think they do and will do the right thing when THEY think it's the right time. I believe this staff is gone at the end of the year. The bigger fear for me is, will top notch candidates want to come here. My fear is no and we'll be in for another 4 years of suck.

I'm one of the biggest Romeo critics out there. Frankly, I don't care about the coaching staff as much as I care about Pioli being here next year.

If we have a new front office, coaches will want to come here. We have a pretty ideal situation for a new coach to walk into.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 05:36 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. Carl was practically a ****ing monument built in to the concrete, and he got the wrecking ball.

BigMeatballDave 12-02-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9173197)
I wouldn't be so sure. Carl was practically a ****ing monument built in to the concrete, and he got the wrecking ball.

After 20 yrs

Gdaddy 12-02-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9173160)
ROFL:clap: Ahhhh...much needed comedy in the face of tragedy.

quinns quote on kc star was hilarious...."all I kept thinking about was what I could have done to prevent this from happening"
wtf?

Quinn must go...they all must go..

Lucky for us Carolina sucks and has cam newton as their qb......that's why we won...

Im pissed we won...morale victories don't mean shit.......we needed a morale victory 8 weeks ago.....

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9173200)
After 20 yrs

But, he didn't last long under Clark. That's kind of the point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gdaddy (Post 9173203)
quinns quote on kc star was hilarious...."all I kept thinking about was what I could have done to prevent this from happening"
wtf?

Quinn must go...they all must go..

Lucky for us Carolina sucks and has cam newton as their qb......that's why we won...

Im pissed we won...morale victories don't mean shit.......we needed a morale victory 8 weeks ago.....

This. Equally pissed here, especially if it robs us of Geno.

Jimmy the Greek 12-02-2012 05:46 PM

Lets hope not I did not get the same feeling as when he won the Green Bay game one may stay but I don't think it will be romeo

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 05:48 PM

The important thing here is that Geno rape Syracuse and destroy Soren Petro's alma mater for all of the useless dickbaggery he spews daily to his true fan audience.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:05 PM

"Clark, give me one more year to turn this ship around...we rallied as family after the tragic belcher incident."

I don't see Clark saying no to something like that...

Smed1065 12-02-2012 06:07 PM

I say no change, what was going to happen still will.

This is business.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173327)
"Clark, give me one more year to turn this ship around...we rallied as family after the tragic belcher incident."

I don't see any legitimate businessman being that ****ing reeruned. Sorry.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-02-2012 06:14 PM

Alrighty fire that Tank on up again. I'm good for the rest of the year with finally winning a home game.

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173327)

If I were no bullshit businessman, my response would be " Okay, why didn't we win in the beginning year with our franchise QB before our 1-10 start? Go talk to Ray"

Messier 12-02-2012 06:18 PM

I don't see any change, one way or the other.

The damage of this season has already been done. This, or even a few more wins doesn't make this season less of a disaster. If Pioli comes back, he was coming back no matter what happens in these last games.

ChiefMojo 12-02-2012 06:21 PM

Do you think Clark and Pioli think the dislike against Pioli (all-around) and Crennel (just his head coaching ability) will stop after this tragedy? I bet you good money they hope we call a truce and play nice allowing Pioli to keep his job. They are probably hoping we are going to forgive his crappy job performance due to this tragedy. Yes it is horrible the man witnessed the unthinkable but that doesn't take away he shouldn't be the Chiefs GM after this season. This is a business and he is horrible at his job!!!

For gosh sakes if Pioli returns, he is only going to be fired next season!

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9173401)
!

For gosh sakes if Pioli returns, he is only going to be fired next season!

He'll **** up the draft picks again

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9173358)
Alrighty fire that Tank on up again. I'm good for the rest of the year with finally winning a home game.

WHAT?!?!?! Mother****er; GET OFF MY TANK!

:D

GloryDayz 12-02-2012 06:34 PM

No. It can't...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9173471)
No. It can't...

It will...

Pioli is a smooth talker. Clark is a pushover. Clark wants stability. He will give Pioli more than 4 years...these last couple years will just viewed upon as down years.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173485)
It will...

Pioli is a smooth talker. Clark is a pushover. Clark wants stability. He will give Pioli more than 4 years...these last couple years will just viewed upon as down years.

If Pioli returns, and DOESN'T draft Geno, the plate comes off the car along with my Arrowhead. I am completely, fully, and finally DONE.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-02-2012 06:39 PM

Greg ‏@ChiefsOrioles10
@jamiedukes Jamie think Pioli and Crennel get fired?

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes
@ChiefsOrioles10 Yes...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9173491)
If Pioli returns, and DOESN'T draft Geno, the plate comes off the car along with my Arrowhead. I am completely, fully, and finally DONE.

What if Pioli drafts Geno....

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9173493)
Greg ‏@ChiefsOrioles10
@jamiedukes Jamie think Pioli and Crennel get fired?

Jamie Dukes ‏@jamiedukes
@ChiefsOrioles10 Yes...

Jamie Dukes.

HA!

O.city 12-02-2012 06:41 PM

Pretty sure it's a well known fact inside the organization that from the GM down will not be returning next eyar.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9173501)
Pretty sure it's a well known fact inside the organization that from the GM down will not be returning next eyar.

Link?

O.city 12-02-2012 06:44 PM

Can't quote you anything, just hear say.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9173512)
Can't quote you anything, just hear say.

Your poop.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173495)
What if Pioli drafts Geno....

Geno cures all ills.

For me, anyway.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9173521)
Geno cures all ills.

For me, anyway.

So you are cool with Pioli returning as long as he drafts Geno?

Reerun_KC 12-02-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173525)

NO....

Pioli has done nothing to warrant returning... I dont care if he is a sympathy martyer for the Murderer...

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9173501)

Please god be true, I want to fap to this if it is

DeezNutz 12-02-2012 06:52 PM

We cannot lose sight of reality, which Belcher tried to take from us:

If Pioli returns, Clark is the worst owner in football. Babb made this clear for us, and we cannot forget this level of clarity.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9173546)
Please god be true, I want to fap to this if it is

He has no source. Just making shit up.

O.city 12-02-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173516)
Mims?

No, not at all.

I don't really talk about stuff like that with him.

I have some other people who have some ears to the ground so to say.

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173559)
He has no source. Just making shit up.

Yes, I know that's why I qualified it as "hope"

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9173568)
Yes, I know that's why I qualified it as "hope"

We all "hope" for this...

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173525)

No. I'm saying if Clark goes full-reerun and KEEPS him, I still better get exactly what I want and what this team needs.

I'll still hate Peeholi; he's proven his complete uselessness already.

Messier 12-02-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173485)
It will...

I can't think of a smooth way Pioli could make Clark see this season as a, "down year". Last year was a down year, things didn't go well, the coach, the injuries, it allowed for a mulligan. This was the mulligan. And it's worse. There aren't injuries, Pioli's calls on coach and QB, many draft picks, and FA, all blew up in his face. Pioli's team, that he built for four years, is the worst team yet under his watch. Don't see how that will be ignored.

I can't say there's no way Pioli comes back, sure it can happen, I'm just saying, I can't see an argument Pioli could make to justify his return.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9173641)
I can't think of a smooth way Pioli could make Clark see this season as a, "down year". Last year was a down year, things didn't go well, the coach, the injuries, it allowed for a mulligan. This was the mulligan. And it's worse. There aren't injuries, Pioli's calls on coach and QB, many draft picks, and FA, all blew up in his face. Pioli's team, that he built for four years, is the worst team yet under his watch. Don't see how that will be ignored.

I can't say there's no way Pioli comes back, sure it can happen, I'm just saying, I can't see an argument Pioli could make to justify his return.

Pioli saves Clark a lot of $$$$.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173676)

You know, you're a real ****ing downer lately...:shake::D

CaliforniaChief 12-02-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Not sure I agree with this. Clark could have hired any puppet for a lot less than he paid Pioli to come in here.

That said, I think the empty stadium in light of the events despite the late push of support for the team goes a lot further towards deposing Pioli and Company.

The bottom line is that the QB position remains hopelessly broken, the team consistently under-performs and makes tons of mistakes, and the trend has not been positive but instead negative. I think today will prove to be an outlier.

Messier 12-02-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

I guess we'll see if saving money is more important than maintaining a solid fan base, or staying competitive. If Pioli comes back, that might be true, it's not a case for Pioli to keep his job, however. Another, competent, GM could save money and draft well, or sign good bargain FAs. Pioli is bad at his job, saving money or not. Someone else could do what Pioli does, save money, and still put quality players on the field.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 07:21 PM

I'm playing devils advocate while trying to convince myself he is returning so I will not be as pissed when news breaks of his return next year...

That's all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173736)
I'm playing devils advocate while trying to convince myself he is returning so I will not be as pissed when news breaks of his return next year...

That's all.

See? Downer.

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9173736)

That's all.

I'm not going to be pissed at all, because this is a deal breaker for me and allows me to actually root for my backup team.

GoHuge 12-02-2012 08:11 PM

I am already apathetic about the Chiefs this season. First year I have missed a game and skipped 2 even with the option to DVR the game. These clowns have almost beaten the Chiefs fan out of me. Bring back any part of the goof troop and I am done for good. Sure I am sympathetic to anyone that had to witness what these guys did, but it wouldn't change my decision-making ability. This will be old news in a couple weeks.....just human nature. Murders of their child's mother that take the cowards way out shouldn't have anything to do with Clark's ability to try and make the right decisions......like 95% of the people in KC and around the NFL did 4 years ago. Unfortunately it just didn't work out. He just needs to acknowledge that and move on to the next guy/group.

Baby Lee 12-02-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9173465)
WHAT?!?!?! Mother****er; GET OFF MY TANK!

:D

Corn, and some shit.

Braincase 12-02-2012 08:15 PM

Both will want to get as far away from Kansas City as possible.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9174064)
Corn, and some shit.

Chiefs stew?

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9174075)

You think so?

O.city 12-02-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9174082)
You think so?

I really don't see how they could. After what went down, I'd think a change of scenery would be a good idea.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 08:23 PM

Romeo maybe.

Pioli probably sees this as a sign that HE WAS MEANT TO BE HERE

O.city 12-02-2012 08:25 PM

I think Romeo, retires. Pretty much a sure thing.

I don't really see a reason to keep Scott.

Time to start fresh.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-02-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9174126)
Romeo maybe.

Pioli probably sees this as a sign that HE WAS MEANT TO BE HERE

"Not good glue for the Right 53"!

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9174137)
I think Romeo, retires. Pretty much a sure thing.

I don't really see a reason to keep Scott.

Time to start fresh.

Thought you said it was a fact within the organization they would both be gone?

Why the speculation on your part when known facts are out there...?

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9174075)

Crennel will retire.

Pioli will use this to his advantage to try to right the ship and add a badge to his girl scout sash...thing.

doomy3 12-02-2012 08:29 PM

I sure as shit hope not. These events don't change the fact that they are horrible at their jobs.

That said, it is interesting. Obama gained a considerable amount of votes and support just weeks before the election due to a tragedy (Sandy). People sometimes make terrible, emotional decisions when tragedy strikes.

Let's hope Clark isn't one of those people.

O.city 12-02-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9174153)
Thought you said it was a fact within the organization they would both be gone?

Why the speculation on your part when known facts are out there...?

From what I've heard, most think he will be gone.

Now, on what exactly I think, I'm not so sure.

Chief Roundup 12-02-2012 08:30 PM

This tragedy doesn't change Pioli or Crennels football knowledge or the results that both have put on the field.

O.city 12-02-2012 08:35 PM

Now that I've given it some thought, I don't see how this really changes anything.

Yeah it's a tragedy that this happened in front of them. But they are still responsible for the product on the field.

Hell, you could argue that they are responsible for the player that did this.

I know that might sound cold, but ...

BigRock 12-02-2012 08:46 PM

They were discussing this on national radio earlier, either on ESPN or Yahoo. It was focused almost entirely on Romeo with very little on Pioli.

They agreed that, for football reasons, everyone deserved to be fired. They stipulated that there's a month left in the season and if KC loses out from here on, it'll be less of an issue.

But overall the thought was that they couldn't see firing a coach who, in December so it'll still be fresh at the end of the season, watched a player kill himself and then coached the team to a win the next day. Especially a coach who's as well-liked around the league as Romeo is. And what if they win another game or two on top of this? They looked at the schedule pointing out the Browns are bad, the Raiders have given up, and Denver might be resting Manning.

Their best-case idea seemed to be firing Pioli and keeping Romeo another year. Or that maybe Romeo would decide to walk away.

That's just one small sample. But if it's indicative of the national reaction at large, it's gonna be trouble.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-02-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9174300)

That's just one small sample. But if it's indicative of the national reaction at large, it's gonna be trouble.

Trouble for us in that Pioli will return...or trouble for Pioli in that he will be canned?

BigRock 12-02-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9174333)
Trouble for us in that Pioli will return...or trouble for Pioli in that he will be canned?

Trouble for us if the media narrative becomes that firings are a bad idea. Even when bringing up the idea of firing Pioli and keeping Romeo, they softened on it when pointing out that Pioli was there too.

GoHuge 12-02-2012 09:37 PM

Pioli has to go. There's no two ways about it. Word is out across the NFL about what kind of man he is and how he treats people. There's a large number of players and personnel that will not come here because of Pioli. I don't have a scientific poll to back that up, but I think It's pretty obvious. Dude has gotta go for us to have a legit shot at all available people to try and make this team better....Pioli and his jackassedness stands in the way of that.

TEX 12-02-2012 10:04 PM

Both still need to be let go after the season.

Imon Yourside 12-02-2012 10:06 PM

I think Pioli will be back and Romeo walks away, I would much rather start fresh or have just the opposite happen.

Oz_Chief 12-02-2012 10:32 PM

I think it will play out like this:

Following a tragedy-filled season both General Manager Scott Pioli and Head Coach Romeo Crennel have decided to spend some time away from football.

DaneMcCloud 12-03-2012 12:54 AM

I have a bad feeling that they'll both return in 2013, only to be fired in 2014.

IF they can play like they did today, they could win two out of their final four, making them 4-12.

With the events of yesterday and winners of their final 3 of 5, Clark Hunt will have an excuse to retain them and not end up paying both and a new GM and HC in 2013.

AussieChiefsFan 12-03-2012 01:27 AM

Wouldnt think so.

JD10367 12-03-2012 03:56 AM

Pioli must go.

Crennel would be okay if willing to demote to DC, but not as HC.

Cassel must go.

Quinn could stay as a backup.

Tribal Warfare 12-03-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 9175392)
Pioli must go.

Crennel would be okay if willing to demote to DC, but not as HC.

Cassel must go.

Quinn could stay as a backup.

KC would need to be destroyed by Cleveland, and get the **** beat out them by the Raiders like last time to ensure it.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9174467)
Trouble for us if the media narrative becomes that firings are a bad idea. Even when bringing up the idea of firing Pioli and keeping Romeo, they softened on it when pointing out that Pioli was there too.

The media narrative is ALREADY that firings are a bad idea.

I've heard several people, including fans calling into radio shows, say that firing Pioli would be "inhumane".

htismaqe 12-03-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9174209)
Now that I've given it some thought, I don't see how this really changes anything.

Yeah it's a tragedy that this happened in front of them. But they are still responsible for the product on the field.

Hell, you could argue that they are responsible for the player that did this.

I know that might sound cold, but ...

It does sound cold. And that's why neither of them will be fired.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9175260)
I have a bad feeling that they'll both return in 2013, only to be fired in 2014.

IF they can play like they did today, they could win two out of their final four, making them 4-12.

With the events of yesterday and winners of their final 3 of 5, Clark Hunt will have an excuse to retain them and not end up paying both and a new GM and HC in 2013.

This.