ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sunday Ticket comes to PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248603)

Quesadilla Joe 08-18-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7833676)
My friend has DTV and NFLST already and he said to save me money for $50 he would get NFLST To Go and give me the username and password so I can watch it on my laptop. Can you do that?

A couple years ago one of my buddies did that to me and I had no issues using his username and password.

The Franchise 08-18-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7833706)
A couple years ago one of my buddies did that to me and I had no issues using his username and password.

I've been doing that for a couple of years now with a friend.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-18-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7833709)
I've been doing that for a couple of years now with a friend.

Can it work on multiple computers at one time? Let's say he's out of town and is using it, can I use it too at the sametime?

Third Eye 08-18-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7832853)
PS3 has outsold XBOX worldwide.

Not true.

http://www.vgchartz.com/#graph_menu

And let's not even talk about software sales and microtransactions where the real money is made.

DaFace 08-18-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7833891)
Can it work on multiple computers at one time? Let's say he's out of town and is using it, can I use it too at the sametime?

Short answer: no. That's how they control it to some extent. You can have 100 people who all have the username and password, but only one device can be watching (anything) at a time. That doesn't cover TV vs. "to go," but it does cover laptops vs. phones/tablets.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-18-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7834843)
Short answer: no. That's how they control it to some extent. You can have 100 people who all have the username and password, but only one device can be watching (anything) at a time. That doesn't cover TV vs. "to go," but it does cover laptops vs. phones/tablets.

Yeah I'm leaning toward selling the xbox, buying a PS3 and paying the $340. I can't stand streaming anymore and I want a year of watching it on tv like back in KC. Our new place that we'll be moving into in January is satellite ready so sweetness for next year too.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-20-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7833227)
when i stream Netflix or from MLBTV on my PS3, it looks great. All depends on your connection speeds though.

What's your connection speed? I think mine is the basic speed for ordinary internet use. But NFL Sunday Ticket isn't a download, it's already downloaded so there shouldn't be any buffering or etc.

Quesadilla Joe 08-20-2011 03:42 PM

I'm definitely going to be buying this.

BigMeatballDave 08-20-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7839511)
I'm definitely going to be buying this.

Kind of a waste for you since you turn the Broncos off at half time. :)

Chiefs Pantalones 08-31-2011 05:53 PM

My wife and I tried to upgrade our internet from 1.5megs to 7megs but we cannot get it to 7 for around 30 days in our area. Will the 1.5 work with the NFL Sunday Ticket hooked to our PS3 just fine through Ethernet, quality and connection wise? Or will it be all choppy because it's 1.5?

007 08-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7867334)
My wife and I tried to upgrade our internet from 1.5megs to 7megs but we cannot get it to 7 for around 30 days in our area. Will the 1.5 work with the NFL Sunday Ticket hooked to our PS3 just fine through Ethernet, quality and connection wise? Or will it be all choppy because it's 1.5?

It won't look good at that speed.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-31-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7867340)
It won't look good at that speed.

But we can see it right? That's all I care about lol. Will it look like standard def tv or worse?

007 08-31-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7867352)
But we can see it right? That's all I care about lol. Will it look like standard def tv or worse?

I would be bet on worse than SD. 3.0 is about minimum for really good picture on the PS3 while streaming.

Deberg_1990 08-31-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7867334)

It's definitely going to be choppy at that speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones 08-31-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7867381)
It's definitely going to be choppy at that speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

It won't buffer or anything will it? It's impossible to buffer it's already downloaded I think.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-31-2011 06:21 PM

The guy I just talked to said I should be fine because it's not wireless it's through the ethernet so the connection would be at its finest. The quality may not be that good, but it won't be bad either. People around here game online and our is only at 1.5 megs max so I'm sure it wouldn't be bad either, or I hope not.

BigMeatballDave 08-31-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7867385)
It won't buffer or anything will it? It's impossible to buffer it's already downloaded I think.

It's a live streaming broadcast, it could buffer a bit.

DaFace 08-31-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7867385)

Last year, you could pick between high, medium, or low settings, so if it was buffering a lot, you could just reduce the bitrate.

seeth213 08-31-2011 07:29 PM

wow..playstation finally did something right

Chiefs Pantalones 08-31-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7867542)
Last year, you could pick between high, medium, or low settings, so if it was buffering a lot, you could just reduce the bitrate.

If I remember right the guy at PS3 customer service said the PS3 chooses which setting (high, low or medium) fits your connection automatically now.

Quesadilla Joe 08-31-2011 08:21 PM

When the hell can I buy this? I've called Direct TV and Playstation and they couldn't tell me anything wasn't already posted on the PS blog on August 17th.

Deberg_1990 08-31-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7867780)
When the hell can I buy this? I've called Direct TV and Playstation and they couldn't tell me anything wasn't already posted on the PS blog on August 17th.

Was wondering the same thing. The regular season is only a weekend away, you would think Sony would be advertising the hell out of it??

DaFace 08-31-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7867780)

I'd assume you just subscribe normally at this link, then download some sort of app to the PS3 to make it work.

Deberg_1990 08-31-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7867896)
I'd assume you just subscribe normally at this link, then download some sort of app to the PS3 to make it work.

Except so far, Sony has no app available for download......no ads announcing its coming either....

007 08-31-2011 09:50 PM

HOpe Sony doesn't screw this up. Nothing like a pack of rabid football fans breathing down your neck.

DaFace 08-31-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7867910)
Except so far, Sony has no app available for download......no ads announcing its coming either....

Gotcha.

007 08-31-2011 09:57 PM

Of course it will require a system update since it was not included in the last system update when they added the TV folder.

ZootedGranny 09-05-2011 04:04 AM

There was an update to PS3 knowledge base concerning Sunday Ticket, and shortly afterwards it was taken down, but here's the update:

Quote:

Beginning September 6, 2011 DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket will be available on the PlayStation 3. Viewers who do not currently have access to DIRECTV will be able to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket at the season price of $339.95. Existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do I get Sunday Ticket on my PS3? How much does it cost?
A: The Sunday Ticket app will be available for download from the PSN Store on September 6 and programming begins September 11. NFL Sunday Ticket at the season price of $339.95.

Q: Do I need to be a DIRECTV subscriber to get the Sunday Ticket?
A: You DO NOT need DIRECTV to access NFL Sunday Ticket, though existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Q: How do I use DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3?
A: Download the app from the PSN Store on or after September 6. Launch the app and log-in. That's it!

At the left of the display, get real-time game status including game time and score from each game chip. A colored arrow at the bottom of each game chip provides current field position at a glance. Arrows turn green for scoring plays, red for red zone, and blue for all other field positions.

Select any game chip to get a menu of available features including: Live Streaming Video of NFL Sunday Ticket game, RED ZONEŽ Channel, Video Highlights, Game and Player Stats, Standings and Full Season Schedule.

While live streaming video and highlights are only available for Sunday Ticket games, users can view player and game stats for any game each week. When viewing stats and highlights, use the L2 and R2 triggers to quickly scroll through every matchup.

Each week, highlights are accessible until 8:15 ET on Sunday and game results and stats are accessible through Wednesday.

Q: Is DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket available outside of the US?
A: DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket is only available to customers within the 50 United States.

Q: Why can't I see some games on the Application? What's a blackout?
A: Currently, DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket has to enforce blackout rules as required by the NFL. These rules include applying blackout rules to those areas where the local team hasn't sold out within a certain time. Another rule is to blackout the game(s) being shown on the customer's local affiliate(s) (i.e. Fox and CBS). This include Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night games.

Q: Can I use my NFL Sunday Ticket on another PlayStation 3 system?
A: Yes, your NFL Sunday Ticket Service for the PlayStation 3 system follows your PlayStation Network account wherever you go. You can login to different PlayStation 3 systems (only one at a time), however, you are bound by the limit of the number of units that your PSN Account can be authenticated with.

Q: How can I get the best possible service from the application?
A: To get the best possible quality of NFL Sunday Ticket, you need a good and dependable broadband connection. Test the speed of your connection with DSL Reports Speed Test. If you are receiving over 700kbps per second down from your provider, then you should be able to see all video content at the High setting.

Q: I purchased a DIRECTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscription through Sony. Can I watch live games on my computer, iPad or mobile phone?
A: You will need full DIRECTV service with an NFL Sunday Ticket and To-Go subscription to watch live video and video highlights on your computer, iPad, or mobile phone. More details are available at directv.com/nfl.

Q: What if I try to watch video but don't have a high broadband connection?
A: Unfortunately, you will not have much success watching live video, but you can see scores and statistics for the games along with seeing highlights (although the highlights will take some time to play out).

Q: What if my video and audio are not playing smoothly?
A: If your video service is not working well, it could be the result of a loose physical connection or unstable wireless connectivity, so it's always a good idea to check your connections.

If you are still experiencing difficulty, the problem might be caused by high traffic on your local network or ISP (Internet Service Provider) or your bandwidth may be being used by another application. Downloading large files or using peer-to-peer applications while watching video, for example, may prevent you from being able to receive enough data to maintain a constant video stream.

Your viewing experience will be affected if our servers are unable to deliver data to your computer quickly enough because of network congestion on your connection. Turn off any other programs that are sharing your connection like other browser windows and email programs. You might also try restarting the computer to close other programs that may be running in the background.

Q: What username and password do I use to sign in?
A: Please use your directv.com username and password to sign in. If you don't have a DIRECTV username and password, please create your account online today.
If you forgot your password you can retrieve it at any time on directv.com. Click "sign in" at the top left hand corner. On the "Sign in or Create Account" page, enter your email address, then click Forgot Password.
Note that to access NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go, your account must be in good standing.

OnTheWarpath15 09-05-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Q: Do I need to be a DIRECTV subscriber to get the Sunday Ticket?
A: You DO NOT need DIRECTV to access NFL Sunday Ticket, though existing DIRECTV customers can access the service on their PS3 for an additional $50 and use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home.

Why would an existing DTV customer need to spend an additional $50 to watch ST on the PS3?

Existing customers would already have receivers - and likely HD receivers - on all of their TVs.

007 09-05-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7879865)
Why would an existing DTV customer need to spend an additional $50 to watch ST on the PS3?

Existing customers would already have receivers - and likely HD receivers - on all of their TVs.

Thats a load of crap they they charge existing viewers an extra 50. Of course, I think them charging full direct TV price for a internet stream is robbery as well.

cdcox 09-05-2011 09:47 AM

Yeah, I hope they don't screw this up. I have a ton of trees around the house that make DirecTV very marginal at my house. My dish is installed on a pole on top of my chimney. When I tried to up grade to HD a few years ago, they were not able to install the larger dish. So I can't upgrade to HD as long as I'm married to DirecTV to get Sunday Ticket. If this works, in the next year or two I'll drop DirecTV and go the PS-3 and cable route, even if it ends up being more expensive.

OnTheWarpath15 09-05-2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7879929)
Thats a load of crap they they charge existing viewers an extra 50. Of course, I think them charging full direct TV price for a internet stream is robbery as well.

But why would you pay it?

If I want to watch ST, I can do it on 3 different HD screens in my home through a HD-DVR.

Why the hell would I need to spend an extra $50 to watch it through my PS3?

007 09-05-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7879939)
But why would you pay it?

If I want to watch ST, I can do it on 3 different HD screens in my home through a HD-DVR.

Why the hell would I need to spend an extra $50 to watch it through my PS3?

I'm sure not everyone has access to 3 different screens. Either way, charging existing customers extra is a rip. Charging full price for a stream is a rip.

dannybcaitlyn 09-05-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

The only benefit I could see from this is, If there is bad weather in the area which would disrupt the satelite signal but not effect the stream from your PS3. So you still could catch the game.

nose 09-05-2011 01:48 PM

Wish they atleast gave a monthly payment option though! Man that is a pretty big chunk of change to pay all at once.

I'm a brokeass though so.....I suck!

Quesadilla Joe 09-06-2011 07:53 AM

Kickoff the NFL Season on PS3 with the NFL SUNDAY TICKET App, Available Today on PlayStation Network

We recently announced our partnership with DIRECTV to bring their most popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, directly to you via your PlayStation 3. Starting later today, you can access the direct link in the My Channels category under the TV/Video Services icon on the XMB (XrossMediaBar) or head over to the media category of the PlayStation Store to download the app in anticipation of the new 2011 NFL season.

This Sunday, PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market Sunday NFL game on their PS3 with a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. You’ll be able to enhance your NFL experience with live multi-game scoreboards and field position trackers, which also allow you to access highlights, stats, standings and schedules, as well as the Red Zone Channel, which gives you live coverage of Sunday’s most exciting moments. The subscription for the 2011 season can be purchased directly through the app for $339.95. Existing subscribers can use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home, as part of their NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package, which is purchased through DIRECTV.

Check out the video to see how the app works on PS3:

<iframe id="viddler-628e4af9" src="http://www.viddler.com/embed/628e4af9/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&disablebranding=0" width="545" height="349" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...=NFLApp_090611

DaFace 09-06-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

It has nothing to do with the PS3 specifically. It costs the extra $50 for NFLST subscribers to get the "to go" version, which allows internet streaming. Along with the PS3, you can also watch using any old computer and smartphones. It's been that way for quite a while now.

Quesadilla Joe 09-06-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nose (Post 7880330)
Wish they atleast gave a monthly payment option though! Man that is a pretty big chunk of change to pay all at once.

I'm a brokeass though so.....I suck!

On the video it shows that it is $84.99 a month for four months.

OnTheWarpath15 09-06-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7881518)
It has nothing to do with the PS3 specifically. It costs the extra $50 for NFLST subscribers to get the "to go" version, which allows internet streaming. Along with the PS3, you can also watch using any old computer and smartphones. It's been that way for quite a while now.

Ah, got it. That makes sense.

DMAC 09-06-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Q: Can I use my NFL Sunday Ticket on another PlayStation 3 system?
A: Yes, your NFL Sunday Ticket Service for the PlayStation 3 system follows your PlayStation Network account wherever you go. You can login to different PlayStation 3 systems (only one at a time), however, you are bound by the limit of the number of units that your PSN Account can be authenticated with.
They make it sound like the ST will be tied to a PSN login, unlike Netflix which uses a seperate login.

dannybcaitlyn 09-06-2011 03:00 PM

The App hasn't shown up on my PS3 yet

Deberg_1990 09-06-2011 04:33 PM

Just downloaded the app and installed it. Started it up and the only option is gives you is $84.99 for 4 months to pay.

Ill probably sign up later in the week.

mdchiefsfan 09-06-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn (Post 7882459)
The App hasn't shown up on my PS3 yet

It's pretty hidden. Go to the PS Store, select media and apps, select apps and it will be the first one to select. Then, once you start the app you have to agree to pay $84.99/ month for 4 months... Ouch! I am trying to find someone who has Sunday ticket, with the PS3 choice already. If they give me the name and password and it works, I will pay them the $50 for the PS3 subscription.

ToxSocks 09-06-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7882735)
Just downloaded the app and installed it. Started it up and the only option is gives you is $84.99 for 4 months to pay.

Ill probably sign up later in the week.

Damn Gina!

Oh well. I guess it's like Pay-Per-View....except you get 4 showings instead of 1

CrazyPhuD 09-06-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7882747)
Damn Gina!

Oh well. I guess it's like Pay-Per-View....except you get 4 showings instead of 1

and at only 700kbps ouch.....hope the screen isn't too big.

DaFace 09-06-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 7882776)
and at only 700kbps ouch.....hope the screen isn't too big.

Does it say that in the app somewhere? I know the "normal" NFLST To Go is much higher than that.

EDIT: According to a moderator here, it's 3 Mbps. Not awesome, but certainly watchable.

Hootie 09-06-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 7882740)
It's pretty hidden. Go to the PS Store, select media and apps, select apps and it will be the first one to select. Then, once you start the app you have to agree to pay $84.99/ month for 4 months... Ouch! I am trying to find someone who has Sunday ticket, with the PS3 choice already. If they give me the name and password and it works, I will pay them the $50 for the PS3 subscription.

This is a great idea...id go $100

CrazyPhuD 09-06-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 7879727)
There was an update to PS3 knowledge base concerning Sunday Ticket, and shortly afterwards it was taken down, but here's the update:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7882792)
Does it say that in the app somewhere? I know the "normal" NFLST To Go is much higher than that.

EDIT: According to a moderator here, it's 3 Mbps. Not awesome, but certainly watchable.

Well I would hope so from what's posted on the knowledge base that zootedG posted.

Quote:

Q: How can I get the best possible service from the application?
A: To get the best possible quality of NFL Sunday Ticket, you need a good and dependable broadband connection. Test the speed of your connection with DSL Reports Speed Test. If you are receiving over 700kbps per second down from your provider, then you should be able to see all video content at the High setting.

DaFace 09-06-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 7882862)
Well I would hope so from what's posted on the knowledge base that zootedG posted.

Not entirely sure what they mean by that, honestly. Last year, the video quality options were:

High (>= 1.4 Mbps)
Medium (0.8 Mbps - 1.4 Mbps)
Low (<= 0.8 Mbps)

So I have no idea where the 700 kbps number came from. My understanding is that it scales up or down based on your connection (like Netflix) and tops out at 3 Mbps.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 09:07 PM

Does it have to be DSL or can you have high speed internet?

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 09:33 PM

Or does it matter?

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883434)
Does it have to be DSL or can you have high speed internet?

DSL IS high speed. Just not as high as Roadrunners or other cable providers. You should be fine with around 6m.

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 09:59 PM

I'm hoping this becomes available on Roku in 2 yrs. Then I can drop Directv and stream everything.

Provided Time Warner doesn't start capping bandwidth and charge for overages.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883551)
DSL IS high speed. Just not as high as Roadrunners or other cable providers. You should be fine with around 6m.

Will 15mb high speed internet through suddenlink (a cable provider) be enough?

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883566)
Will 15mb high speed internet through suddenlink (a cable provider) be enough?

Hell yeah. That's about what I get on Time Warner. HD movies and shows look great on Netflix at that speed on my Roku.

Quesadilla Joe 09-06-2011 10:05 PM

I keep getting error codes whenever I try and confirm purchase. :cuss:

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883572)
Hell yeah. That's about what I get on Time Warner. HD movies and shows look great on Netflix at that speed on my Roku.

What is the difference between m and mb? Or is there a difference? It says I can get either 15mb or 10M. What is that?

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883621)
What is the difference between m and mb? Or is there a difference? It says I can get either 15mb or 10M. What is that?

I'm not sure why they label it like that.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883638)
I'm not sure why they label it like that.

Me either it's confusing. Is it the same thing?

DaFace 09-06-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883713)
Me either it's confusing. Is it the same thing?

It's all megabits.

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7883721)
It's all megabytes.

Or bits :)

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 11:11 PM

MB=megabyte

Mb=megabit

DaFace 09-06-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883729)
Or bits :)

Gah! You are correct, sir.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 11:13 PM

So what's the difference between 15mb and 10M?

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7883732)
Gah! You are correct, sir.

This stuff can be confusing. Isn't there like 8 bits per byte? Or something like that?

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883735)
So what's the difference between 15mb and 10M?

Good question. Which is cheaper?

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883740)
Good question. Which is cheaper?

10M is cheaper by $10 lol. But if 15mb will give me better quality I'll do it.

DaFace 09-06-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7883737)
This stuff can be confusing. Isn't there like 8 bits per byte? Or something like that?

Yup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7883743)
10M is cheaper by $10 lol. But if 15mb will give me better quality I'll do it.

It probably won't make any difference for NFLST specifically - at least not unless they deliver much higher quality than I can tell they are. Looks to me like it'll be using 3 Mbps, compared to your plans, which support 10 or 15.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-06-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7883753)
Yup.

It probably won't make any difference for NFLST specifically - at least not unless they deliver much higher quality than I can tell they are. Looks to me like it'll be using 3 Mbps, compared to your plans, which support 10 or 15.

Yeah we just want speed and quality. We're gonna change to suddenlink and get this, we are currently with centurylink (qwest) which sucks. I hope they can install it by Friday.

Pushead2 09-07-2011 05:14 AM

I'll just head to the bar and watch the games..

Quesadilla Joe 09-07-2011 07:43 AM

Don't know what the hell is going on but PSN still won't let me add funds to my wallet. I don't need it for this week because Denver is on MNF but if I can't buy this by next Sunday I'ma be pissed.

Hootie 09-07-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7884031)
Don't know what the hell is going on but PSN still won't let me add funds to my wallet. I don't need it for this week because Denver is on MNF but if I can't buy this by next Sunday I'ma be pissed.

why waste so much money when you don't even watch the games?

Quesadilla Joe 09-07-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7884342)
why waste so much money when you don't even watch the games?

I'm sick of watching shitty streams on my shitty computer in my uncomfortable chair. Would much rather pay to watch the Broncos comfortably but never was able to because I have a good deal on my phone, internet, and cable.

Swanman 09-07-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7882869)
Not entirely sure what they mean by that, honestly. Last year, the video quality options were:

High (>= 1.4 Mbps)
Medium (0.8 Mbps - 1.4 Mbps)
Low (<= 0.8 Mbps)

So I have no idea where the 700 kbps number came from. My understanding is that it scales up or down based on your connection (like Netflix) and tops out at 3 Mbps.

I hope they up the quality at some point. Those are settings when DSL first came out. I have Comcast at 20+Mbps. Netflix looks amazing in HD so hopefully it looks comparable, although I don't know what the settings are for streaming Netflix in HD.

I just hope the servers don't crash and burn like they did last year for the first two weeks. At some points you couldn't watch any streams for an hour or more, which is insanely unacceptable for the price you are paying. But it's DTV, I shouldn't expect much more.

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2011 02:56 PM

Finally bought it. Had to buy $85 worth of PSN cards to get it to work.

The Bad Guy 09-08-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7884356)
I'm sick of watching shitty streams on my shitty computer in my uncomfortable chair. Would much rather pay to watch the Broncos comfortably but never was able to because I have a good deal on my phone, internet, and cable.

You mean your parents have a good deal.

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7887621)
You mean your parents have a good deal.

Dude I'm 25 why would I be living with my parents?

DMAC 09-08-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7887628)

Yes that's LUDICROUS!!

Reerun_KC 09-08-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7887628)

IDK, GoChiefs lives with his... So we just assumed that you did...

Deberg_1990 09-08-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 7887640)
IDK, GoChiefs lives with his... So we just assumed that you did...

Goturd is nearly 30 living with his parents :facepalm: