ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What if TSHTF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274357)

Old Dog 07-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9796989)
Simmer down old dog, I am not coming after you... You won't last a week with a weak psychological mindset... You would be paranoid

Don't misunderstand, that wasn't intended to come off as a "threat" (and I apologize if you thought it was). I just have almost zero doubt that you couldn't get closer than about 100 yards from my house undetected if anyone were paying attention.

Bwana 07-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9796987)
Damn that's beautiful... You can play King of the Mountain there

Very remote with lots of fish, game, wood and fresh water. There is also some liveable cabins in the area from an old gold rush way back in the day. A guy wouldn't have Dircct TV ;) but it would work in a jam.

Bwana 07-07-2013 03:28 PM

On a side note, if anyone wants to get into this a bit more, this is a good place to start to help you think about what you may need to keep on hand and get an action plan together.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php

Bugeater 07-07-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9796993)
Good lord, lol.

I'm betting that you are on a MINIMUM of three federal watch lists.

Pffft...there are federal watch lists that were created just because of him.

notorious 07-07-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9797015)
On a side note, if anyone wants to get into this a bit more, this is a good place to start to help you think about what you may need to keep on hand and get an action plan together.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php

Awesome.

I just registered and started a thread in the Welcome Forum.

I am going to play it safe and avoid posting AIDS tree, antifreeze, and fist yourself comments. ;)

JoeyChuckles 07-07-2013 04:31 PM

In an end of the world situation, I would want to be the first to go. I don't want to live in a world without all the comforts I'm used to. I've never understood the preppers for this reason. Yeah, you'll be alive. But you'll have no comforts, entertainment, anything you are used to currently.

I guess if this ever happens, I give CP the right to eat me. Just make it quick please.

notorious 07-07-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles (Post 9797130)
In an end of the world situation, I would want to be the first to go. I don't want to live in a world without all the comforts I'm used to. I've never understood the preppers for this reason. Yeah, you'll be alive. But you'll have no comforts, entertainment, anything you are used to currently.

I guess if this ever happens, I give CP the right to eat me. Just make it quick please.

Whores will be plentiful.

There is a reason to live.

Brock 07-07-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9796999)
Don't misunderstand, that wasn't intended to come off as a "threat" (and I apologize if you thought it was). I just have almost zero doubt that you couldn't get closer than about 100 yards from my house undetected if anyone were paying attention.

LMAO ok, rambo

Bwana 07-07-2013 04:46 PM

[quote=JoeyChuckles;9797130]In an end of the world situation, I would want to be the first to go. I don't want to live in a world without all the comforts I'm used to. I've never understood the preppers for this reason. Yeah, you'll be alive. But you'll have no comforts, entertainment, anything you are used to currently.

I guess if this ever happens, I give CP the right to eat me. Just make it quick please.[/quote]

I'll tell you what junior, if it comes down to eating a "Joey steak," I may just join you on the death walk!

Dave Lane 07-07-2013 05:00 PM

First thing I'd do is go kill r8ers and a couple other douches then see where the chips fall...

Bugeater 07-07-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9797204)
First thing I'd do is go kill r8ers and a couple other douches then see where the chips fall...

LMAO

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Come on Bitch, I got something Special waiting on you

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2013 05:09 PM

My compound is bigger than yours!

lewdog 07-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797216)
Come on Bitch, I got something Special waiting on you

Going in dry?

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9797231)
Going in dry?

Yes it will go in dry and come out wet

Brock 07-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797232)

LMAO

lewdog 07-07-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797232)

Well played.

Rasputin 07-07-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9796943)
No NFL or College football?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'd rather Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannibal 07-07-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Take Out As Many As You Can Please. :)

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9797278)
Take Out As Many As You Can Please. :)

You come with him and you can give him his last BJ and you can also give your last at the same time... Kinda like a 2 for 1 special:thumb:

Rasputin 07-07-2013 05:45 PM

I'm not even going to worry about when the shit hits the fan. I mean if it's the end of the world as we know it...

I feel fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeeeee..

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-07-2013 06:02 PM

Tunnel under the frost line and live off earthworms. My greasy shit would make great lube for the occasional possum that I come across. They survive where cockroaches fail.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 06:04 PM

Run face first into an AIDS tree whilst drinking antifreeze

Aries Walker 07-07-2013 06:20 PM

It would all come down to how and when the electricity shut off, because that is the key to mass communication. The government would try to restore (or retain) some sort of order, at least at first, probably by having police go door-to-door and sending out mass texts and phone calls through the phone companies. They would be working to restore services (though they would ultimately fail), to keep people calm, and to take care of the old, sick, and dependent.

The problems would start with the lack of gas - people wouldn't be able to get to work (especially with mass transit out), so many business would instantly close, and the bunker mentality would begin. The first life-threatening shortage would be that of water; the government, the military, and community programs would probably deliver some to each house while they could, but eventually they would run out as well. Grocery stores would have their bottled water seized not by mobs, but by the National Guard, who would stockpile it at their bases (possibly even raiding houses for more). Health and hygiene would be a big problem, disease would spread, and people - especially the old and very young - would die, a lot.

Panic, mass exodus, and violence would begin at varying rates, as some people realize what would be happening more quickly than others, so the roads would probably not clog any more than usual. Many people would remain in cities, waiting for the government to restore services and order, as their supplies dwindled. City and town police (whose numbers would be dwindling as many police would leave to tend to their own families) would have to shift their priorities from helping the sick and injured, to countering the growing mobs of desperate and starving citizens. Large sections of cities would burn to the ground as fire fighters, lacking water, would have no effective ways of combating them. Hospitals would close, as would prisons, whose inmates would likely be left to starve and die inside the walls, leading to some of the most horrific scenes in the nation. If this all happened within a heat wave or a snowstorm, the effects would increase exponentially.

However, the cities would not descend into barbarism immediately; neighborhoods would probably band together to form collectives. People with pre-existing relationships would mass together in one large house and form small intra-urban societies, protecting and providing services for each other. Swimming pools would become rainwater collectors, gardens would grow wherever they could, and collectives would probably even start to trade with one another. Some would do better than others, and as collectives failed, they would most likely merge with each other. The criminal element, however, would rely on what it knew, and before long intra-city protection rackets would grow, causing massive conflicts between them and police enclaves, many of whom would become little more than warlords. By today's standards, daily violence would be off the charts, but plenty would survive, though with a drastically more tenuous standard of living than before.

Meanwhile, in the rural areas, there would be a steady stream of city dwellers - light, at first, but then increasing in volume - heading out to live with relatives or friends, or to seize their own homesteads from the rightful owners who put up the least resistance (houses like Old Dog's would be avoided by bandits at all costs, especially after a band loses perhaps 25% of its population to the first volley of lead). Small communities would grow there as well, with larger plots of land to protect; horses - and people who could ride them - would become a major commodity in order to patrol the limits of property against squatters, interlopers, and outright thieves. The west would become in many ways the Wild West again, with fortified towns protected by 21st-century Sheriffs to provide a place to trade and support each other, but under constant assault by roving gangs; large highways would not be avoided because of road hazards, but because of these marauders for whom a single vehicle or small convoy is easy pickings for whatever supplies they carried. Also, many of these gangs won't necessarily be independent, but controlled by rural warlords, who may or may not have gotten their position from the remains of the Guard armory, corporate headquarters, or other pre-collapse institutions.

By six months, I should think, the population of the country probably will have halved. The government would be functionally non-existent, what vestiges are left have retreating into bunkers to preserve the records and artifacts, and to probably try and destroy nuclear weapons. Who would not retreat would be the military, who - though, like police, their numbers would have dwindled severely - and would be a major force, if not THE major force, in post-collapse America. However, they would have their hands full by the invading force of another country, who - faced with the most resource-heavy large nation-sized plot of land suddenly being virtually defenseless - would invade.

Assuming the world doesn't all suffer the same fate, by two years, California and the southwest would probably fall to Mexico, Hawaii to China, Alaska to Canada, Florida to Cuba or Venezuela (or possibly a hastily-formed alliance of Latin American states), and the northeast to a consortium of European nations under the pretense of restoring order and protecting lives. The Midwest, at least for a while, would become a de facto chain of several hundred independent states and counties. By three to five years, the US would be reestablished, but much smaller (probably 26 to 28 states) and centered on Chicago; the government would be very decentralized and probably with no national bank. It would never again become a superpower, the mantle of which would most likely go to China.

In short, it would be a massive regression with an enormous body count, but we have the advantage of having survived - and even thrived in - the 19th century, which is about the level of technology to which we'd return. Think less Road Warrior, more Dances with Wolves.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9796865)
Atleast 4 days now with no place to purchase food, money is worthless..

I think withing 2 weeks gangs would form going from house to house pilfering and looting... If you are not in the gang, you get shot or shot at

Why? If there's no electricity, what are they going to steal that's worth anything?

LiveSteam 07-07-2013 06:30 PM

Me lucky charms

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797383)
Why? If there's no electricity, what are they going to steal that's worth anything?

Food, Guns, Ammo , Gold

Anything they can barter

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797394)
Food, Guns, Ammo , Gold

Anything they can barter

You have a very simplistic and somewhat barbaric view of America.

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797400)
You have a very simplistic and somewhat barbaric view of America.

Let America get hungry and just see how barbaric people become.

Oh the prisoners would most likely revolt and escape as well

SAUTO 07-07-2013 06:36 PM

Why would gold be worth anything?

You can't live off of it.

Food guns ammo and some friends
Posted via Mobile Device

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9797404)
Why would gold be worth anything?

You can't live off of it.

Food guns ammo and some friends
Posted via Mobile Device

Gold would be the first thing to come back to resemble currency.

Bugeater 07-07-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9797392)
Me lucky charms

You have Lucky Charms? Well shit, I know where I'm heading when the shit hits the fan.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797403)

So, where was the looting when New York and New Jersey experienced a massive hurricane in 2012? Where was the looting and barbarism when it happened just a few months later with the massive snowstorm?

Your scenario is unrealistic at best and ridiculous at worse. There will never be a time in history when the electricity, plumbing and energy refuse to work simultaneously.

Unless, aliens invade and then we're all dead, anyway.

And they'll target North Carolina first.

Bugeater 07-07-2013 06:42 PM

And Aries Walker apparently has put a lot of thought into this.

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797412)
So, where was the looting when New York and New Jersey experienced a massive hurricane in 2012? Where was the looting and barbarism when it happened just a few months later with the massive snowstorm?

Your scenario is unrealistic at best and ridiculous at worse. There will never be a time in history when the electricity, plumbing and energy refuse to work simultaneously.

We are talking large scale outages not small regional acts

So you think people would act like angels while starving to death?

R8RFAN 07-07-2013 06:44 PM

You do realize it take electricity to run waste water treatment plants don't you? You do realize gravity does not bring city water to your faucets?

MMXcalibur 07-07-2013 06:50 PM

I'd wait it out.
Where I am located, I would only need to go East to find absolutely nothing as far as the eye can see. If I really needed to evacuate, I could get out of the city limits very quickly.

LiveSteam 07-07-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797420)
You do realize it take electricity to run waste water treatment plants don't you? You do realize gravity does not bring city water to your faucets?

Dude! You are talking about the new American. Where everything from lighting to water flowing from a faucet is all MAGIC.

Aries Walker 07-07-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9797415)
And Aries Walker apparently has put a lot of thought into this.

Yeah, slow night. Nothing on TV but American Ninja Warrior, which kind of sucks.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797417)
We are talking large scale outages not small regional acts
So you think people would act like angels while starving to death?

I don't think there's a chance of this even happening, ever.

Bu your scenario, humanity wouldn't even have existed before the 20th century, so it's just plain ludicrous and dumb.

SAUTO 07-07-2013 07:33 PM

If it all did go down, Dane, do you think people are prepared for it?

How would most act if they and their families were starving?

I think that's the question theirs thread is asking
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 07-07-2013 07:34 PM

People, all people, are spoiled to the conveniences of today.

Most wouldn't know the first thing about living.

I should know. I was there fifteen years ago
Posted via Mobile Device

Fish 07-07-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797412)

You have way too much confidence in people as a whole. Our society is horribly dependent on our current infrastructure. People underestimate just how little it would take to have people killing each other over food and water. In the case of real social breakdown, it would get barbaric very quickly. The examples you used aren't really applicable to actual social collapse. That's simply disaster recovery, not social collapse. Empty the supermarkets, and cut off the supply of gasoline for a week or two, and see how long it takes before cities implode and people are clubbing each other to death over bottles of water.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9797541)
You have way too much confidence in people as a whole. Our society is horribly dependent on our current infrastructure. People underestimate just how little it would take to have people killing each other over food and water. In the case of real social breakdown, it would get barbaric very quickly. The examples you used aren't really applicable to actual social collapse. That's simply disaster recovery, not social collapse. Empty the supermarkets, and cut off the supply of gasoline for a week or two, and see how long it takes before cities implode and people are clubbing each other to death over bottles of water.

I guess my reaction comes from the POV that a scenario like this is about 100,000,000,000,000,000 to one.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9797528)

Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think it'll ever go down.

I don't think that 7 billion people are ready for it.

I do think the human race would survive.

J Diddy 07-07-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9797528)

Posted via Mobile Device

Probably pretty similar to the billion post apocalyptic stories, movies, and games that are out there.

HonestChieffan 07-07-2013 08:03 PM

For sure those who doubt the need to prepare or who ignore it will not be in a good position under any circumstance. There are far more people who think about it than many suspect, some take no action, some do and all to different degrees.

Fish 07-07-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797558)
I guess my reaction comes from the POV that a scenario like this is about 100,000,000,000,000,000 to one.

Well I certainly hope it never happens. But I wouldn't put those kinds of odds against it. The problem is that our energy infrastructure is surprisingly fragile and susceptible. And we as a society are wholly dependent on it. I'm no prepper by any means. But I think we as a people are dangerously over confident in our social stability, and the overwhelming majority couldn't handle long term disruption of it.

Hammock Parties 07-07-2013 08:07 PM

I went to the grocery store today and got the LAST BAG of crunchy style cheetos.

I thought they were GONE at first.

The end is coming bros.

Someone out there is stocking up on crunchy style cheetos and I'm going to have to kill them for it.

Aries Walker 07-07-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797558)

It doesn't matter the odds of it happening or not; this is a hypothetical question, so in order to participate you have to accept the basic assumption that it happened. It's more an estimation of what we think of the human psyche and society than an assessment of whether or not this will actually happen. Run with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9797578)
Probably pretty similar to the billion post apocalyptic stories, movies, and games that are out there.

Probably just the opposite. Stories and movies and games of any kind are made to be dramatic! and exciting! and with thrilling action! and real life just doesn't have any interest in all that stuff at all.

Mr. Laz 07-07-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9797403)

and it wouldn't be stoic 'tough guy' barbaric

it would be some dude who stinks of crapping himself sneaking up on an old lady stealing her last can of tuna ugly

human beings are crap ... whole cities would turn into a battle ground in a couple of weeks

SAUTO 07-07-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797562)
I don't think it'll ever go down.

I don't think that 7 billion people are ready for it.

I do think the human race would survive.

I agree with everything in this post.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cannibal 07-07-2013 08:25 PM

There are many that actually want it to happen.

Fish 07-07-2013 08:27 PM

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

tooge 07-07-2013 08:41 PM

I've got a water source. I've got lots of guns and ammo. I practice survival skills several times a year, and I've got plenty of animals around for food. Having said all that, I'll probably just start choking people out and cannibalizing them.

CrazyPhuD 07-07-2013 08:44 PM

Eat the fat people because they run the slowest. Killing two birds with one stone...solving both hunger and obesity.

SAUTO 07-07-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9797634)
There are many that actually want it to happen.

And most of them are just ****ing weird people. Like the ones you would have to worry about of it did happen. They are on my watch list
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9797668)
I've got a water source. I've got lots of guns and ammo. I practice survival skills several times a year, and I've got plenty of animals around for food. Having said all that, I'll probably just start choking people out and cannibalizing them.

Start?

CrazyPhuD 07-07-2013 08:50 PM

because this belongs here....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xUFQ2ECfPOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 07-07-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9797678)
Eat the fat people because they run the slowest. Killing two birds with one stone...solving both hunger and obesity.

More flavor too. Marbling and all...

tooge 07-07-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9797685)
Start?

I meant continue.

tooge 07-07-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9797678)

You don't need to be faster than the mob, just your databases neighbor.

tooge 07-07-2013 09:04 PM

That's fat assed neighbor. No, I'm not drunk

J Diddy 07-07-2013 09:07 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RPyhmwjH7II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cannibal 07-07-2013 09:11 PM

Love that movie. I had forgotten about it.

LiveSteam 07-07-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9797681)
And most of them are just ****ing weird people. Like the ones you would have to worry about of it did happen. They are on my watch list
Posted via Mobile Device

Their is that word LIST again :evil:

tooge 07-07-2013 09:15 PM

Having certain job skills would help as well. Accountants and retail folk would be of no value to anyone else

J Diddy 07-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9797736)
Love that movie. I had forgotten about it.

Somebody has the whole movie up on youtube.

Mr. Laz 07-07-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9797748)
Having certain job skills would help as well. Accountants and retail folk would be of no value to anyone else

just think, you could make people let you have sex with their daughters for fixing their teeth.

J Diddy 07-07-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9797757)
just think, you could make people let you have sex with their daughters for fixing their teeth.

What do the doctors get paid with for fixing the burning sensation downstairs. Not saying that I have this problem, just being prepared.

tooge 07-07-2013 09:24 PM

I was thinking more along the lines of trading for food/ ammo, but whatever works. Mechanics, people in health care, mechanical engineers, farmers. These people will be important to have around

tooge 07-07-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9797766)
What do the doctors get paid with for fixing the burning sensation downstairs. Not saying that I have this problem, just being prepared.

You will have to come up with something other than sex with your wife as trade bait

J Diddy 07-07-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9797770)
You will have to come up with something other than sex with your wife as trade bait

LMAO

She can give a toothless hummer.

ThatRaceCardGuy 07-07-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9796842)
Shoot everything that moves

Welp in that case....move. Lmao
I keed I keed

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9797717)
I meant continue.

ROFL

Chief_For_Life58 07-07-2013 09:37 PM

I would just start killing everyone. ghenkis khan status

Cannibal 07-07-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9797756)
Somebody has the whole movie up on youtube.

Might check Netflix!

CrazyPhuD 07-07-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9797748)

Now now accountants can be useful too! You need someone to keep an accurate count of your kills! Plus someone has to keep the 'kill list' up to date!

LiveSteam 07-07-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy (Post 9797785)
Welp in that case....move. Lmao
I keed I keed

I wasn't

lewdog 07-07-2013 10:24 PM

Another big "What If" question that I would like answered.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B4CRkpBGQzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>