ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jaworski rates Chiefs QB at No. 20 among NFL starters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274325)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-06-2013 05:38 PM

Sanchez, Freeman and Bradford are soooooooo awesome. Two-three years ago people slobberd on those nuts.

Brock 07-06-2013 05:39 PM

Just being competent would be a surprise.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9795528)
Sanchez, Freeman and Bradford are soooooooo awesome. Two-three years ago people slobberd on those nuts.

Jaws still went about balls deep on Marky Baywatch

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795524)
This team is going to surprise some folks this year

i'm hoping that decent coaching really turns it around.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9795535)
i'm hoping that decent coaching really turns it around.

Nobody in this league can overcome 3-4 turnovers a game. We have the best coaching and talent in this division pretty easily right now. Unfortunately the Doncos own a chemically enhanced superior QB by far.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 07-06-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795533)
Jaws still went about balls deep on Marky Baywatch

Marky could be saved, he's only like 25. But the cost of keeping him around until his brain unfreezes. If it unfreezes is just too much.

Chief Roundup 07-06-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9795412)
I think most of the reasonable guys who are anti-Alex Smith trade have a stance that is different than this.

Basically, that a shot a mediocrity with Alex Smith in 2013 and 2014 is less desirable than taking a shot with a QB who can potentially be better than 15-22nd best in the NFL.

Disliking the price given up for Alex Smith is not just about passing on a QB in Rnds. 1, 2, 3 in this year's draft. It's also about how much more difficult it will make it to acquire a QB early in next year's draft.

Not in position to take the guy you want because your team went 7-9 or 8-8, Andy Reid? Good luck moving up for that QB without your 2nd/3rd round pick.

That's not to mention the fear the Chiefs will commit to Alex Smith long-term before he proves he can be more than an average game manager that can't win playoff games (unless he's playing the 31st D in the NFL).

Those guys are few and far between on here.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795556)

i don't believe we are as few as you might think

trading for Alex Smith costs us so much it just kills .... KILLS

still makes my stomach hurt

:banghead:

milkman 07-06-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9795496)
Those are the only QBs I'd take over Cam.

The problem with Cam Newton is the lack of maturity and leadership.

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795556)

Me
Laz
Sacc
milkman
SNR

That's 5 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

-King- 07-06-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9795569)
The problem with Cam Newton is the lack of maturity and leadership.

Eh, he's young. He's working on improving his attitude issues this off season. But even with those issues, he's still one of the most productive QBs in NFL history through their first two years. If he improves, he'll be a legit top 3 QB.

Chief Roundup 07-06-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9795587)
Me
Laz
Sacc
milkman
SNR

That's 5 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Oookay I wouldn't call everyone on that list reasonable about anything Alex Smith.

Reasonable is not bashing the shit out of everything. Reasonable is this is not what I wanted but it was the best option at the time. We will have to move on again quickly from another QB definitely sucks but I prefer this to another year of Cassel ****ing everything up.

GordonGekko 07-06-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9795603)
Oookay I wouldn't call everyone on that list reasonable about anything Alex Smith.

Reasonable is not bashing the shit out of everything. Reasonable is this is not what I wanted but it was the best option at the time. We will have to move on again quickly from another QB definitely sucks but I prefer this to another year of Cassel ****ing everything up.

True Alex Smith was pretty much the only option if we are trying to win right away. Another year of Matt Cassel would be like eating a shit sandwich, and a year of Alex Smith is like eating a Taco Bell Bean and Cheese Burrito that has been left out in the sun in August in El Paso for a couple days. It still sucks, but it definitely is not like eating a pure shit sandwich.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795547)
Nobody in this league can overcome 3-4 turnovers a game. We have the best coaching and talent in this division pretty easily right now. Unfortunately the Doncos own a chemically enhanced superior QB by far.

:rolleyes:

Every year. Every friggen offseason some tard here on the planet makes this type of tardtastic claim about how great your team is and it's just oh-so close to dominating.

hoist the lombardi now ladies, 'cause this is as good as it's gonna get for you.

GordonGekko 07-06-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795638)

Every year. Every friggen offseason some tard here on the planet makes this type of tardtastic claim about how great your team is and it's just oh-so close to dominating.

hoist the lombardi now ladies, 'cause this is as good as it's gonna get for you.

Lol, don't paint with too big a brush. This is just one reerun Chiefs fan you are pointing out, most of us know that 5 wins (total) about all we are going to get with no QB.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9795642)
Lol, don't paint with too big a brush. This is just one reerun Chiefs fan you are pointing out, most of us know that 5 wins (total) about all we are going to get with no QB.

fair enough

SAUTO 07-06-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

No way we are that low in wins this year...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Uh. It's a pretty standard feeling around the league dumb****. It's really not much of a stretch anyway. Your team is a joke without Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

You are calling me out ROFL Who the **** are you?

duncan_idaho 07-06-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

That's your definition of reasonable.

Reasonable does NOT mean accepting "best option at this time" or saying "I prefer this to another bad year."

I will bash the shit out of the decision to trade for Alex Smith because they paid a huge price for limited upside. Sure, they'll be better in 2013 than they would have been if they'd acquired a cheaper (in terms of trade cost) option, but the difference is likely 5-6 wins vs. 7-9. BFD.

Reasonable is saying you disagree and making an attempt to explain it.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795658)
Uh. It's a pretty standard feeling around the league dumb****. It's really not much of a stretch anyway. Your team is a joke without Manning.

lol, you mean the probowl? Whatever, we are gonna see soon enough which team is a contender and which one is a pretender.

-King- 07-06-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

You think John Fox is better than Andy Reid?

You think the Broncos are more talented than the Chiefs? Want to do position by position comparisons?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9795670)
You think John Fox is better than Andy Reid?

You think the Broncos are more talented than the Chiefs? Want to do position by position comparisons?

Yes

GordonGekko 07-06-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9795657)
No way we are that low in wins this year...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes way. Alex Smith is crap and hasn't proven anything really in the NFL, Andy Reid's last few teams have been huge underachievers and his system in my opinion has become antiquated in today's NFL, and we have a new head coach, GM, and QB. How do you see more than 5 wins? I might push 6 but that seems optimistic. I'd love to eat my words and see us with at least 8 wins, but I'm not going to get my hopes up, **** no. Just a reminder, what does 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 10-6, 7-9, 2-12 mean to you?

Just Passin' By 07-06-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9795495)
Cam has 8000 yards, 1400 yards rushing, 62 total touchdowns and 29 INTs.

His first two years are better than just about every QB in the league.

He has not been, to this point, better than any of the QBs named. If you want to point to the numbers, look at all of them. The numbers show it.

RunKC 07-06-2013 07:15 PM

QB-Donks by far
RB-Chiefs by far
TE-Chiefs
WR-Donks by far, but Bowe is good tho
OL-Push...you damn well bet that Manning makes them look good with his quick decisions
DL-Donks..Chiefs weakest unit, but Donks don't really have anyone special there anyway
LB-Chiefs by far...Von is best, but we have 3 pro bowlers. Better as a group.
DB-Chiefs-Not by much, but Champ is descending and I'd take Berry and Flowers over DRC and Moore any day of the week and it's not close.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795674)
Yes

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795682)
QB-Donks by far
RB-Chiefs by far
TE-Chiefs
OL-Push...you damn well bet that Manning makes them look good with his quick decisions
DL-Donks..Chiefs weakest unit, but Donks don't really have anyone special there anyway
DB-Chiefs-Not by much, but Champ is descending and I'd take Berry and Flowers over DRC and Moore any day of the week and it's not close.

Chiefs have a better line. Manning made a sack of shit unit in Indy look decent. Doncos D-line is dogshit too.

Ming the Merciless 07-06-2013 07:27 PM

within 10% margin of error (18-22),

seems legit

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795693)
Chiefs have a better line. Manning made a sack of shit unit in Indy look decent. Doncos D-line is dogshit too.

wow, you really are delusional.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795705)
wow, you really are delusional.

Nothing I said is untrue. You don't think someone with one of the quickest releases in the history of the game over rates a unit?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

QB-Donks by far
RB-Chiefs by far
TE-Chiefs

I keep proving you wrong over and over. You have about as much football knowledge as a poodle.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795708)
Nothing I said is untrue.

you are kidding yourself, but that's ok. It's all you got.

RunKC 07-06-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795709)
I keep proving you wrong over and over. You have about as much football knowledge as a poodle.

Where do you disagree?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795714)
Where do you disagree?

TE for one. The Broncos are loaded at that position. Dreesen and Tamme alone make it deep. Then the two young guys, Green and Thomas have yet to even scratch their potential. The Broncos won't be able to keep all 4 so it will probably be Dreesen who gets cut. DREESEN. He's an excellent TE.

suck it loser, you don't know dog shit.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795714)
Where do you disagree?

Chiefs run for 5 plus YPC against a loaded box, yet Denver can't crack 4 against a dime defense conceding the run....He thinks Denver has a better O-line ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795721)
TE for one. The Broncos are loaded at that position. Dreesen and Tamme alone make it deep. Then the two young guys, Green and Thomas have yet to even scratch their potential. The Broncos won't be able to keep all 4 so it will probably be Dreesen who gets cut. DREESEN. He's an excellent TE.

JFC. Never go full Knowmo

RunKC 07-06-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

The same Joel Dressen that had less receiving yards than Moeaki, our 3rd TE? Even though he had 8 more catches than him too? He sounds pretty awesome to me. LMAO

You sure do know football!

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795724)
JFC. Never go full Knowmo

dude, look at all the posts I have on the planet. I never go knowmo but I do know football. The Broncos have a great team, period. If you want to argue position by position I will. Coaching staff and front office, sure. The Broncos are pushing for a SB and when you say "the Broncos have no talent compared to the mighty chiefs" I'm calling BS.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795732)
dude, look at all the posts I have on the planet. I never go knowmo but I do know football. The Broncos have a great team, period. If you want to argue position by position I will. Coaching staff and front office, sure. The Broncos are pushing for a SB and when you say "the Broncos have no talent compared to the mighty chiefs" I'm calling BS.

QB is king. Masks a lot of weaknesses. Wastes a lot of strengths.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795728)
The same Joel Dressen that had less receiving yards than Moeaki, our 3rd TE? Even though he had 8 more catches than him too? He sounds pretty awesome to me. LMAO

Moeaki, seriously? LOL:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9biPfmRxOK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumb:

RunKC 07-06-2013 07:48 PM

Take away the QB's and the Chiefs are of equal or slightly better talent overall.

The difference is Manning.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795743)
Take away the QB's and the Chiefs are of equal or slightly better talent overall.

Could you imagine Charles with a QB like Manning??? ****, it wouldn't be fair ROFL They ran for 300 yards against two playoff teams and they knew we were running every down.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795734)
QB is king. Masks a lot of weaknesses. Wastes a lot of strengths.

So, last year it was Cassel's fault that kc sucked. The year before it was Haley's fault. The year before the blind squirrel found a nut. The year before it was another coaching staff problem. On and on...

But this year, with a whole new front office, coaching staff, new QB and many new players, this year it's all gonna gell and you are gonna reign supreme in the AFCW, right?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795743)

lol. The Broncos made the playoffs and won a playoff game with TT but that was all TT, right?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795751)
So, last year it was Cassel's fault that kc sucked. The year before it was Haley's fault. The year before the blind squirrel found a nut. The year before it was another coaching staff problem. On and on...

But this year, with a whole new front office, coaching staff, new QB and many new players, this year it's all gonna gell and you are gonna reign supreme in the AFCW, right?

Denver will win the West if Jughead stays healthy...father time is catching up, so I give the Chiefs a puncher's chance. No reason why they can't win a Wild Card. I'll likely blame Alex Smith if they don't.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795750)
Could you imagine Charles with a QB like Manning??? ****, it wouldn't be fair ROFL They ran for 300 yards against two playoff teams and they knew we were running every down.

what if Charles gets hurt, how great will kc be then?

Titty Meat 07-06-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795758)

They only won 2 games with him

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795758)

:hmmm: They did win 7 games without him....starting Tyler ****ing Palko for quite some time

RunKC 07-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795755)
lol. The Broncos made the playoffs and won a playoff game with TT but that was all TT, right?

What team beat TT in Denver in week 17 without Charles or Berry again?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795765)
:hmmm: They did win 7 games without him....starting Tyler ****ing Palko for quite some time

But this is a new offense with a new QB. You can't seriously look back 3 years ago draw any kind of conclusion from that kc team to this one.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-06-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795774)
But this is a new offense with a new QB. You can't seriously look back 3 years ago draw any kind of conclusion from that kc team to this one.

Same can be said for you comparing them to the 2 win team they were last year.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795773)
What team beat TT in Denver in week 17 without Charles or Berry again?

With Kyle Orton as you QB. I think Orton knew the Broncos pretty well. Oh, btw, how'd Orton work out for you all?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9795776)
Same can be said for you comparing them to the 2 win team they were last year.

I'm saying there's been a huge amount of change and it's hard to say anything conclusively about this new kc team. The Broncos have the same coaching staff, along with the same defensive coordinator (the Broncos have gone though 7 defensive coordinators is 7 years). That's pretty important stuff.

RunKC 07-06-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795774)

You say this but yet you're using last year to draw conclusions.

Why don't you read what I'm about to show you and understand it since you apparently know football...

8 TD's, 20 INT's and 10 fumbles

Now try to use that smart football knowledge and tell me any team in the NFL that can win when their QB provides that kind of production.

Heren't a hint:

Spoiler!

RunKC 07-06-2013 08:17 PM

Another fun thing to ponder..

How many games would the Broncos have won last year if their QB threw 8 TD's, threw 20 INT's and fumbled 10 times?

Answer: maybe 4

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795787)
You say this but yet you're using last year to draw conclusions.

Why don't you read what I'm about to show you and understand it since you apparently know football...

8 TD's, 20 INT's and 10 fumbles

Now try to use that smart football knowledge and tell me any team in the NFL that can win when their QB provides that kind of production.

Heren't a hint:

Spoiler!

I'm not doubting the utter incompetence of Cassel. Add in the fact you all had a bad HC and it's simply a bad situation for the team. That being said, inserting Alex Smith, a new HC and a new coaching staff, along with a new front office and I find it hard to believe that this team will make the playoffs. I don't care how much talent you think the this team has. It still has to gell.

MagicHef 07-06-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

QB-Donks by far
RB-Chiefs by far
TE-Chiefs

I'd rather look at it this way:

Passer: DEN
Runners: KC
Receivers: DEN
Run Blocking: KC
Pass Blocking: Even

Pass Rush: DEN
Pass Coverage: Even
Run Defense: DEN

Special Teams: DEN

The Chiefs are more talented than the Broncos in some positions, but it's at all the wrong positions to win games.

RunKC 07-06-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9795807)
I'd rather look at it this way:

Passer: DEN
Runners: KC
Receivers: DEN
Run Blocking: KC
Pass Blocking: Even

Pass Rush: DEN
Pass Coverage: Even
Run Defense: DEN

Special Teams: DEN

The Chiefs are more talented than the Broncos in some positions, but it's at all the wrong positions to win games.

Really? Now that Doom is gone who is there outside of Von?

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795811)

Shaun Phillips was brought in. He had 9 sacks last year. He is similar in size to Von Miller.

MagicHef 07-06-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795811)

Outside of Hali and Houston, the Chiefs had 8 sacks last year.

Outside of Von and Doom, the Broncos had 22.5 sacks last season.

It's really not close.

Titty Meat 07-06-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9795857)

It's really not close.

Different schemes

RunKC 07-06-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9795857)

It's really not close.

Chiefs didn't have a lead for most of the season and it's a completely different scheme.

Hammock Parties 07-06-2013 08:59 PM

You're being homers.

We have 0 pass rushers on this team outside of those two guys. That's why we had a lack of sacks.

RunKC 07-06-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9795874)
You're being homers.

We have 0 pass rushers on this team outside of those two guys. That's why we had a lack of sacks.

You've never heard of Derrick Johnson or Eric Berry have you?

Wildcat2005 07-06-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795886)

Why did you bring up these two?
Neither are pass rushers

Johnson has 18 sacks in what 8 years
Berry has 2 sacks for his career

MagicHef 07-06-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795886)

The guys who have combined for 7 sacks since Berry entered the league?

By comparison, Wesley Woodyard and Chris Harris combined for 8. In 2012.

RunKC 07-06-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9795897)
The guys who have combined for 7 sacks since Berry entered the league?

By comparison, Wesley Woodyard and Chris Harris combined for 8. In 2012.

We're not running grandpa Romeo's timid "read and react" boring defense anymore.

Tombstone RJ 07-06-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795728)

Not one TE from KC on this list:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...c-wests-top-40

Oh, btw--12 Broncos and 11 kc players are listed.

MagicHef 07-06-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9795921)
We're not running grandpa Romeo's timid "read and react" boring defense anymore.

Derrick Johnson has played for guys other than Romeo, you surely realize. He's never been a pass rusher.

Eric Berry has 2 sacks in the NFL, and had 3 sacks in college. I don't think he'll ever be a pass rusher either.

The Chiefs have only had 3 halfway decent pass rushers in the last half decade. Hali, Houston, and Gilberry. That's not changing this year.

RunKC 07-06-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795970)
Not one TE from KC on this list:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...c-wests-top-40

Oh, btw--12 Broncos and 11 kc players are listed.

This doesn't help your case Tombstone because:

1. Bill Williamson is a joke

2. You claim KC isn't as talented or good as Denver, but yet this article you cite only has 1 more Bronco on the list.

3. The 1 player that you have over us is Peyton Manning, the one who is the difference.

GordonGekko 07-06-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9796016)
Derrick Johnson has played for guys other than Romeo, you surely realize. He's never been a pass rusher.

Eric Berry has 2 sacks in the NFL, and had 3 sacks in college. I don't think he'll ever be a pass rusher either.

The Chiefs have only had 3 halfway decent pass rushers in the last half decade. Hali, Houston, and Gilberry. That's not changing this year.

Yeah, DJ is definitely not a sack guy. 3 sacks in a season would be huge production for him.

Berry I think could be a 5-6 sack guy in the right conditions. Fast and brutally tough, I can see him getting past the O-Line.

The reason for a lack of sacks from KC outside of the two H's is because we have had dog shit defensive ends (edit: defensive line) for god knows how long.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

So you want to win now. Good for you. You enjoy your mediocre team. The rest of us will continue to wait for a Championship. Trading for Alice makes a Championship next season just as likely as if we traded for Thigpen, while making the chances over the next 5-10 infinitely worse.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9795667)
lol, you mean the probowl? Whatever, we are gonna see soon enough which team is a contender and which one is a pretender.

As a whole, the Chiefs have the most talented team in the division. The fact that the importance of the QB is so huge doesn't change that. Nobody said the Chiefs would finish with a better record. Peyton Manning as opposed to Alice Smith nets you at least 5 wins.

Sorter 07-07-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9795874)
You're being homers.

It's a bit of both.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Tamme? ****ing really?

Moeaki outperformed Tamme's production from last year while playing 16 games with Peyton Manning as a ****ing rookie playing 15 games with Matt ****ing Cassel.

aturnis 07-07-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9796066)
Yeah, DJ is definitely not a sack guy. 3 sacks in a season would be huge production for him.

Berry I think could be a 5-6 sack guy in the right conditions. Fast and brutally tough, I can see him getting past the O-Line.

The reason for a lack of sacks from KC outside of the two H's is because we have had dog shit defensive ends (edit: defensive line) for god knows how long.

No, it's b/c we haven't run an attacking scheme. Nor have we had many leads, let alone big leads.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-07-2013 06:20 AM

Chiefs didnt have a lead until half way through the year..

Chief Roundup 07-07-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9796102)
So you want to win now. Good for you. You enjoy your mediocre team. The rest of us will continue to wait for a Championship. Trading for Alice makes a Championship next season just as likely as if we traded for Thigpen, while making the chances over the next 5-10 infinitely worse.

I want to win every year. I know it is not going to happen. I don't expect to win now with Alex Smith.
Matt Cassel could not be this teams starting QB anymore. There was not a single QB in the draft that was worthy of being our starter either. With those 2 things in mind Reid and Dorsey choose what they deemed as the next best stop gap QB. Yeah Alex may get us to that middle ground 8-8 area. Yeeee ****ing haaa no one wants to be there. I want to win championshipS I want to be in the hunt every year.
I see Alex Smith as a 2 year starter for this team. In the meantime Bray might do something..highly doubt it. We might take one in the middle of the first next draft. We might wait until the following when we have all of our picks who knows.
Bitching and throwing a fit like a lot of posters/people do is not going to help or change a damn thing. It is only going to make those same people feel even worse.
NEWS FLASH:
There can only be 1 out of 32 that win the SB. There is less than 25% of the QBs in the league that are capable of putting a team on their back and winning it all.
If you look at all those numbers and think about it without emotion people would understand that the chances of winning a SB and having one of those QBs while doing it is about the same chances as getting hit by lightning. Those odds are not worth getting that upset about. Chances are the Chiefs like most other teams are here to make a profit. NOT to win a championship. If that happens great if not OH WELL.

duncan_idaho 07-07-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9796224)
I want to win every year. I know it is not going to happen. I don't expect to win now with Alex Smith.
Matt Cassel could not be this teams starting QB anymore. There was not a single QB in the draft that was worthy of being our starter either. With those 2 things in mind Reid and Dorsey choose what they deemed as the next best stop gap QB. Yeah Alex may get us to that middle ground 8-8 area. Yeeee ****ing haaa no one wants to be there. I want to win championshipS I want to be in the hunt every year.
I see Alex Smith as a 2 year starter for this team. In the meantime Bray might do something..highly doubt it. We might take one in the middle of the first next draft. We might wait until the following when we have all of our picks who knows.
Bitching and throwing a fit like a lot of posters/people do is not going to help or change a damn thing. It is only going to make those same people feel even worse.
NEWS FLASH:
There can only be 1 out of 32 that win the SB. There is less than 25% of the QBs in the league that are capable of putting a team on their back and winning it all.
If you look at all those numbers and think about it without emotion people would understand that the chances of winning a SB and having one of those QBs while doing it is about the same chances as getting hit by lightning. Those odds are not worth getting that upset about. Chances are the Chiefs like most other teams are here to make a profit. NOT to win a championship. If that happens great if not OH WELL.

If that's the type of owner Clark Hunt is... he can go fist himself. Seriously.

I have suspicions that's the case. That selling "being competitive" and filling Arrowhead is more important to Clark than actually trying to win a championship. There's evidence to suggest otherwise, but it isn't overwhelming.

There are a lot of owners in pro sports who are trying to win championships first. Mark Cuban. Robert Kraft. Jerry Buss. Some of the better examples. If an NFL owner is not in that crowd, considering the even playing field and salary cap and 100 percent shared TV revenue, that guy is an a$$.

If Clark proves to be that type of guy.... I can do without the Chiefs in my life. I hope that isn't the case... but if you're not trying to build towards a championship in the NFL, what the eff is wrong with you?

Clear fact of the matter is that it is nearly impossible to win big in today's NFL WITHOUT the big-time QB. And that you won't CONSISTENTLY win big in today's NFL without that guy. Yet the Chiefs continue to avoid taking shots at the position at all. That is what is so infuriating to so many of us.

Now, maybe they draft a QB in the next draft they think can be the guy. Maybe they're high enough to nab a guy who can be a consistent front-line performer at the position. Drafting a guy in Round 4, 5 or 6 doesn't count. Signing a shithead UDFA like Tyler Bray doesn't count either.

Now, if they take that QB high next year and promptly sever ties with Alex Smith, the argument is over. Maybe that's the plan (though the price they paid for Alex Smith makes is less likely to succeed). But I have seen little and heard little - especially from hearing Clark Hunt talk about the QB position - to suggest otherwise. Everything I've seen and heard indicates they're hitching their wagon to Alex Smith for more than two years.

There might not have been a QB in the draft who could start right away. There might not have been an Andrew Luck ready-made NFL starter. But that wasn't the only option available. Also on the table: Sign a stop-gap FA QB who is better than Cassel, or trade for a cheaper QB who is better than Cassel, and draft a QB who can be developed a little in Rnds. 2, 3.

Instead, they pulled the same approach they've been pulling my entire life. Please don't be surprised if I and many others are skeptical it will work THIS time, or that it was even the right thing to do THIS time.